Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Your most boring/worst concert event
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 5, 2006 17:01

Emerson, Lake, and Palmer - don't ask
Clapton - 1978, he was extremely drunk
Peter Frampton - only 2 songs that weren't brand new (and sucked)
Bruce without the E-Streeters - awful

Re: Your most boring/worst concert event
Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: April 5, 2006 17:03

Bill Wymand and the Rythym Kings in 2003. BOORING!

Date: April 5, 2006 17:04

No kidding? With all of Bill's dance moves? Did he moonwalk?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 5, 2006 17:05

You guys have no idea! I saw the Backstreet Boys at their peak; took my daughter, because she's my daughter. It was so bad I took a break to check my voice mail.

Date: April 5, 2006 17:07

I feel better about going to see ELP now!

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: April 5, 2006 17:09

U2 last November in Montreal.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: April 5, 2006 17:11

Bruce Springsteen....just irratating as hell...
Yes, highest most grating vocals of all time, and everybody in the band overplaying everything.

JR

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: April 5, 2006 17:11

Peter Andre cause my daughter wanted to go! And his version of Hotel California.... yes THAT one was painful!!!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 5, 2006 17:12

Mike Oldfield Roskilde 1982. Whole audience 2stoned.
Not a move on stage. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
(good music though)

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: April 5, 2006 17:13

ablett Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Peter Andre cause my daughter wanted to go! And
> his version of Hotel California.... yes THAT one
> was painful!!!

HAHAAHA! That image just made my day! That must have been the last time you took your daughter to a concert! LOL!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: April 5, 2006 17:16

U2 - Zooropa Tour @ Wembley Stadium '93.

Bono went over on a live video link to Sarajevo, for about 15 mins, talking to these refugees/war victims, half way through the concert.

...the only time i've been to a Stadium show, where vast numbers of people were loudly booing in unison.

Not content with alienating the paying crowd further, Bono decided to interupt the show again, by getting Salman Rushdie, up on stage.

It felt like a party political broadcast - not a pop/rock concert.
I left early, along with thousands of others.

Date: April 5, 2006 17:16

Dan Reed Network opening for Stones in Oslo 1990! What a bunch of idiots - the worst I've seen ever, and I mean ever smiling smiley

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: April 5, 2006 17:22

Peter Andre.....

thing is I was probably the only bloke there. I had to hold a flashing Peter Andre stick (daughters instructions) and security kept coming over to take the piss! ie: Now my dear (looking at daughter) make sure your dads nice n safe..... etc. etc

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: April 5, 2006 17:22

50 Cent being bottled off stage at Reading Festival '04 was a cracker...
he had Wellington Boots, food, deckchairs and even an inflattable paddling pool, raining his way.
I left early, at that one too, lol...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-05 17:23 by Adrian-L.

Date: April 5, 2006 17:25

Yeah, I saw the B-52's booed off stage while opening for the Who. Shoes, cups, and boos all rained down on the stage. Who's idea was that????

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: April 5, 2006 17:28

That's funny b/c I think the best concert I've ever been to was a U2 concert. It was the Elevation tour in 2001 in Columbus, Ohio. It was the right amount of politics and music. U2 is one of the few bands taht I feel i get my money's worth out of the show once i leave.

Posted by: nashville ()
Date: April 5, 2006 17:30

Alice Cooper - Special Forces Tour - Hammersmith Odeon London. I had been really looking forward to this gig and seeing Alice for the first time. A total disappointment - his band was some lumpen heavy outfit and most of the songs were totally ruined (apart from Only Women Bleed). The final 10 minute plus version of Schools Out was the final straw for me.

Andy

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 5, 2006 17:34

Steve Winwood at MSG back in '91. Man, what a snore, I couldn't wait to get the F out of there.

I went to the Atlantic Records 40th(?) party at MSC back in 88. There were some terrible, terrible bands there that day. Manhattan Transfer almost made me claw my own face off.

I fell asleep during a Poison concert once, and Garth Brooks (my friends made me!)

One concert that I went to just because it was free and I had nothing to do that night, was Hammer, and it was AWESOME. There was so much energy, and the dancers were on fire. I liked it so much, I went again the next night. And I'm not embarrassed either!

Date: April 5, 2006 17:37

You know, nobody has mentioned the Rolling Stones on this thread. Proves a point doesn't it? The best live act ever.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 5, 2006 17:38

suppose you shouldnt really count opening acts as you didnt really make a choice of paying to see them, but Cooper Temple Clause, who opened at one of the Stones' Dublin shows in 2003, was the most unlistenable piece of dog excrement I've ever been subjected to in my entire life. It was so much of a train wreck I was looking at the stage expecting to see some old movie actress tied to a railtrack and screaming

Bon Jovi's opening act in Paris in 1995 was certainly up there. Missed them the first night as I had a VIP pass and got to hobnob with Darryl Jones and Jerry Hall instead but unfortunately the next night I drew the short straw.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 5, 2006 17:39

Elmo Lewis Wrote:
> You know, nobody has mentioned the Rolling Stones
> on this thread. Proves a point doesn't it? The
> best live act ever.

no..it just proves that no one thinks they're the worst!

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: April 5, 2006 17:42

Alice Cooper's current band is excellent and not doing metal any more. They sound like early 70s Cooper, Who and Stones. Dirt Diamonds is a pretty good CD as well. Catch them if you get a chance.

Worst - Whitney Houston even before she became a crack ho. She had a great voice but no stage presence.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 5, 2006 17:48

This one's easy. Jeff Beck at the Shepherds Bush Empire. Suffered about half an hour, maybe 40 minutes at the most - went to the toilet (3 minutes), had a drink at the bar (10 minutes), and then walked out and caught the bus home.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: April 5, 2006 18:00

I like some of their early albums but was sorely disappointed a few years ago when I finally got around to checking out Blues Traveler. Big yawn...every single song sounded alike. I love the guy's harp chops, but the show was awful.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: April 5, 2006 18:11

Elton John ..suprise suprise...painfull..................so boring erghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 5, 2006 18:12

Saw Elton in 69 or 70. That was just fantastic!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 5, 2006 18:22

A part from the ones listed before, I have some other painful experiences.

Primal Scream (my reaction at their music), PJ Harvey, (ouch) RYan Adams, Soundgarden (butthat must have been a bad day for them, I do respect the band) ...

C

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 5, 2006 18:26

liddas Wrote:
Primal Scream (my reaction at their music), PJ Harvey, (ouch)

Hey liddas,
do you like Primal Scream in general? I like them a lot. I had tickets to go see them back when Screamadelica was out, but didn't end up going, which I kick myself for. Why were they so bad?

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 5, 2006 18:40

CindyC Wrote:
> liddas Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> Primal Scream (my reaction at their music), PJ
> Harvey, (ouch)
>
>
>
> Hey liddas,
> do you like Primal Scream in general? I like them
> a lot. I had tickets to go see them back when
> Screamadelica was out, but didn't end up going,
> which I kick myself for. Why were they so
> bad?
>

The reason why I went to see them was because their first cd didn't sound bad.

Now I do not know if it was a bad day for them or what (could be), but the singer was absolutely awful, the band was not even decent, there was NO groove at all (that is the worst thing that can happen if you pretend to be a rock and roll band) and on top of it they all acted as if they were the coolest band on earth. Plus the whole show lasted 50 minutes plus 2 encores. But this is what I read on the newspaper the next day, because I called it a day at more or less 40 minutes of show, half way what was a pathetic rip off of SFTD (intro of hyde park version)

C

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: April 5, 2006 18:43

Whitney Houston,in Saint Petersburg,two years ago.My ex girlfriend took me to that show.

Whitney was pregnant back then and she confirmed that to the crowd.A month later I read her denial of this in newspapers.It seems that she lost the child.So sad...

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home