Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Saitama setlist
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 2, 2006 16:28

From rs.com:

JJ Flash
It's Only Rock And Roll
Let's Spend The Night Together
Oh No Not You Again
Sway
Wild Horses
Rain Fall Down
Midnight Rambler
Tumblin' Dice
This Place Is Empty
Happy
Miss You
Rough Justice
Start Me Up
Honky Tonk Woman
Sympathy
Paint It Black
Brown Sugar
Can't Always Get What You Want
Satisfaction

Re: Saitama setlist
Date: April 2, 2006 16:37

pics and video clips + short review on www.stonesplanet.com as well

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 2, 2006 17:35

This show was recorded for a broadcast in Japan in May. At the beginning of JJF Mick had problems with his microphone. I was afraid they had to restart the song but his techie was rushing up there with anothyer microphone very fast. Totally wild crowd who in turn made the band wild as well.

Never head Charlie tuned up so strong. His drums were hitting the walls out of the the Super Arena. Ronne did another great set of solos on Sway. As he started the first slide solo he did actually tune up a guitar string while playing and he tuned a bit more as the solo finished. But it went great. Same with the 2nd part. On You Can't Always Get What You want Ronnie once more did another great solo. In fact as Ronnie was about to finsish off Mick asked him to keep playing so we got an extra long solo on CAG tonight. Talking about Ronnie, at the B-stage, where people were total bananas and crashed the barriers (how many fans can one guy keep out?) Ronnie at one point started playing solo and walking by Mick, Keith, Darry, Charlie, Chick and all the way 360 degrees back to his own position while playing his solo. Not often he does that on the B-stage - not often he moves around at all in fact, but this was the night. Great to see them with the arena stage again. Makes the show much more intimate.

Quite early show tonight, finished at 9:20. Sunday night in Japan means early curfew. The Stones will spend two more days with the famous and great Tokyo cherry blossoms - finals days of the week in total now - before they move on to Toyota town Nagoya.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 2, 2006 17:45

Nice review, BV!
It's strange that the Japanese audience busted down the barriers.
In the 70s they were famous for sitting real quiet, only clapping their hands between the songs.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 2, 2006 21:42

Thank ya Erik & Björnulf.
Sway seems to worked its way into the list.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: April 2, 2006 22:26

Standard show, I see. Cool thing about the extra-long solo, though!! Thanks for the review Bjornulf.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: April 3, 2006 02:10

sounds like a cool show. was it a sell-out?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 3, 2006 06:16

Not a sell-out, but pretty full. Bv might be exaggerating about busting down the barriers. I "suspect" that the fans at the front of the B-stage were allowed to come right up against the stage for filming purposes. It must have been insane.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 4, 2006 16:22

Absolutely not. They protected the B-stage like at all other shows on this tour in Japan. But unlike Tokyo and Sapporo they had just a tiny little barrier to be moved around at Saitama. Remember it is an arena. So while security were in complete control at Tokyo and Sapporo, with lots of empty space around the B-stage, in Saitama the barriers were a lot closer. I moved from my seat to the B-stage and expectet the Japanese fans to follow the rules like they use to do, bit as they came down to us with Miss You - I was in front of them - dozens of fans just crashed the one guy in charge of the front barrier. Believe me, I have ben to many shows on this toir, but this is the first time I have seen this. They crashed the security. I just slided in with my usual anonymous style and was in there to enjoy it all. Sure the Saitama crowd was more than average Stones fans. They were all grat crazy fans! Nothing special for the cameras. This was coming from deep down real passion!

Bjornulf

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 4, 2006 16:42

I'll agree with on one thing - that was one of the best crowds I have ever seen. With (i) the highest prices of the tour, (ii) an inconveniently located venue, and (iii) rain, I suspect that there were very few "casual" fans or corporate types. As a result, the atmosphere in the Arena was electric, and as a result, the band turned it up a notch. A little ragged in spots, but that's what makes em the Stones. Wild Horses was fantastic. And I'll say that Ronnie was terrific on YCAGWYW. Right before the solo, I turned to my Japanese friend and said "I hope this doesn't suck", but it soared. I look forward to the pro-shot DVD!

Posted by: Charly_z ()
Date: April 6, 2006 19:24

Did the broadcast surface already on a bit torrent tracker?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 6, 2006 19:26

The broadcast will be on May 27th.

Posted by: Charly_z ()
Date: April 6, 2006 19:36

ok, I expected a bit too much :-)

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: April 6, 2006 19:48

Sway then Wild Horses? Wow, Sticky Finger was on fire that night.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1282
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home