Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

who played sax? on 'headin for an overload'
Date: March 21, 2006 18:17

this post is from Feb. 25 of last year, and I've just listened to this boot again, and its great after not not hearing it for several months...what a difference in recording quality between the first and second disc; the second is from a radio broadcast from '74, right? Who is the sax player on YCAGWYW? it sort of sounds like Bobby, but then it doesn't...??
thanks for any info...
DR ps right on, Wuudy!

" have the same one. It's Brussels and a bit of London. Great boot, fantastic recording!!!! I love Dancing with Mr. D, Heartbreaker, Angie and YCAGWYW. Taylor playd some awesome solo's on those songs. You see i love Taylors guitar work Edward Twining and Open G';-)

I think the saxophone on YCAGWYW made this song the best. First an fantastic solo and then beatifully followed by the sax solo."

Cheers,
Wuudy

Re: who played sax? on 'headin for an overload'
Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: March 21, 2006 18:20

If you are talking about the Brussells show, its Trevor Laurence....Bobby got bumped from the 73 Euro tour a week or so before the last shows.

JR

Date: March 21, 2006 18:30

thanks stone relics. I think thats the version. that solo on YCA...is one of a kind. I love the way it both stays with and creates on, the melody.
DR

Date: March 21, 2006 18:54

Bitte...keep on rockin'!

JR

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: March 21, 2006 20:20

stone-relics Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you are talking about the Brussells show, its
> Trevor Laurence....Bobby got bumped from the 73
> Euro tour a week or so before the last shows.

I am sure you mean Trevor LAWRENCE (Trevor Laurence is a guitar player!)

I may be mistaken but I had always heard Bobby was booted right after the Brussels show. This site, which is usually pretty accurate, indicates that didn't participate on Oct 19, (2 days after Brussels) but doesn't mention his absence from the Brussels show.

[www.nzentgraf.de]

Now, that still doesn't answer who played the solo, but I've always seen Bobby credited as participating and it sounds like him to me.

Ross

Ross

Date: March 21, 2006 20:50

you may be right...I am at work right now, so will check the reference materials when I get home..

JR

Date: March 21, 2006 21:07

Whoever played it, sure made a nice contribution to the song. It doesn't sound like Bobby, who has a recognizable sound. But it does sound a little like him...

Date: March 22, 2006 00:50

According to my research, Bobby was off the tour after an earlier German show..

I am fairly certain that its Trevor on Brussells...

JR

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: March 22, 2006 02:43

stone-relics Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> According to my research, Bobby was off the tour
> after an earlier German show..

Just curious, what is your source? I have never seen credits for the Brussels shows that DIDN'T have Bobby listed.

Ross

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: March 22, 2006 03:45

why did bobby get the boot from the tour?

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: March 30, 2006 12:31

Great solo's on YCAGWYW. The sax solo on this song follows up the Taylor solo just perfetly. Later on Ernie Watts became a master on it IMHO. I know many disagree but listen to Beast of Burden from Hampton or LA (rarities disc) and his playing is just right on the money and fits the song perfectly just like Keys did on You can't in '73.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2514
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home