Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
RADIO CITY
Posted by: stonedmike ()
Date: March 15, 2006 04:24

Setlist please

Re: RADIO CITY
Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: March 15, 2006 04:29

1. JJF
2. IORR
3. Shattered
4. ONNYA
5. Tumbling Dice
6. Worried About You
7. Gimme Shelter
8. Midnight Rambler

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-15 04:46 by lamemodem2.

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: March 15, 2006 06:04

Did Sheryl end up supporting?

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: March 15, 2006 06:05

Nope - B-52s opened instead.

Date: March 15, 2006 06:12

1) Jumping Jack Flash - 9:08
2) It's Only Rock & Roll
3) Shattered (for Shidoobee's in the house)
4) Oh No, Not You Again
5) Tumbling Dice
6) Worried About You (Mick on keyboards singing falsetto)
7) Gimme Shelter
8) Midnight Rambler

Introductions

9) This Place Is Empty - 9:59
10) HAPPY
11) You Got Me Rocking (on a mini-B stage, they just walked out on it - Keef is on FIRE!!!)
12) As Tears Go By (Keef & Ronnie on acoustic guitars)
13) Get Off My Cloud
14) Sympathy for the Devil (back to main stage)
15) Honky Tonk Women
16) Start Me Up
17) Brown Sugar

Encores

19)YCAGWYW
19) STATUSFACTION

THere it is, the closest thing we'll have to a club gig in the US this year

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 15, 2006 06:17

Phhheeewww!

I was so afraid they were going to do Jigsaw Puzzle and I was going to miss it. I have never seen Worried About You live, although I know they've done it in the past, so I would've liked to have seen that one.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 15, 2006 06:23

I don't think anyone was expecting a theater-type set given the audience. When people down front are paying 7,000 and 35,000, it makes sense to play the songs you know cold. But down to 19 songs again, and only 2 from ABB -- Not a good sign. The least they could have done is throw in Miss You and Paint It Black for all the big-money baby-boomer contributors in the audience.

Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: March 15, 2006 06:38

Honestly--I preferred the set from 1/18 MSG.

It had Worried About You.
Instead of Shattered and As Tears Go By it had Rocks Off and Love Is Strong.
Instead of You Got Me Rocking it had Rain Fall Down, it also had Rough Justice.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: March 15, 2006 06:39

weak setlist

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 15, 2006 06:39

ya know what , iam glad i saved my money on this gig, good for me, just your
typical set list, normaly that would be fine , but not for this gig

Date: March 15, 2006 06:44

you know you're in trouble when the biggest set-list shake up is switching the placement of MR and GS.

Date: March 15, 2006 06:45

Very very uninspired.
If I had laid out the $$ for this set list
I would have been seriously annoyed.

C'mon guys for that kind of $ would have been too
much to ask to break out something special?

Apparently so.

Posted by: Marianella ()
Date: March 15, 2006 07:03

It was BENEFIT!

Posted by: Here it Comes ()
Date: March 15, 2006 07:06

I just got home.

I was a bit surprised they didn't break out ONE amazing number for Radio City. But it was a very fun night -- the first half sort of reminded me of a Bar Mitzvah band. It was just such an ODD gathering. Then they really started going wild in the second half.

The B-stage did not work at ALL. They rolled out the drum kit about ten feet. However, since they turned the video off and lowered the curtain, it really became a giant party for that segment. "As Tears Go By" was a good choice for the B-stage. "Honky Tonk Women" and "Sympathy" were really fun and intimate -- like karaoke night at your favorite bar.

I'm glad I got to say "I was there." And nobody forced me to spend the money. In the end, I think the last two Garden shows were really a lot better -- but that wasn't the point at all.

Date: March 15, 2006 07:08

Marianella Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It was BENEFIT!

Still a really unispired set list.

Date: March 15, 2006 07:11

hopefully the japanese will get something better

Posted by: marbles ()
Date: March 15, 2006 07:13

glass slide-I agree...the setlist would've been fine if they had even just thrown in 1 surprise/rarity...make the people who shelled out all the $$$ feel they got something special...I would've been pissed if I had paid all that money to see just another stop on the tour.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 15, 2006 07:17

OH MY, my little Gal - Pal CindyC was worried they were gonna do JIGSAW PUZZLE tonight...My Dearest CINDYC, you are such an optomist, which is very refreshing, but let me tell you something - You're gonna win the multi million dollar Powerball lotto before they play JIGSAW PUZZLE (which I believe has NEVER been played live before). Besides new ones from ABB, Sway, and As Tears Go By I think the only kinda rare ones you're gonna see / hear is stuff they've played before way back. Maybe Factory Girl or Prodigal Son. If they play Jigsaw Puzzle or Time Waits For No One on this tour I owe CindyC one of those yummy Hot Dogs found on a many a Manhattan street corner....and my dear, you can put on any kind of toppings you want, let MicksBrain take care of the extra costs...... You know what, I'll even get ya 2 of 'em.. (the boys have been SO lazy with totally new ones I KNOW my wallet's safe - LOL)...Now it's time to hear "Tumbling Dice" for the 1,000th time...and a 1, and a 2, and a 3.....

Posted by: jeduffy1NYC ()
Date: March 15, 2006 07:19

I thought it was wonderful. The sound was good and the guys were hot! From my view point (first mezzanine) everyone was rocking and having a ball! Hell, The Stones in my hometown -- you can't beat it!

Date: March 15, 2006 07:21

Hey Mick's Brain--when you take the plunge for the NYC hot dog--go to the gut on 36th and 7th--he has a grill! It is a riot.

Date: March 15, 2006 07:25

Well, as I've said before on this board, I don't think it's fair to just look at the setlist and assume it was a boring concert. There's always something special. Don't forget, MOST of the people there have not seen them five times on this tour, and MOST of the people don't look at the setlist on IORR every night. I assure you, the entire crowd HOWLED at the opening percussion of "Sympathy," at "As Tears Go By," and even "Satisfaction." Really, I think it was a very average group of people, and -- surprise! -- there are PLENTY of people who enjoy getting dressed up, going to Radio City, and giving money to charity. And dancing next to John McEnroe (and Lenny Kravitz and Harvey Weinstein, and I'm sure others I missed)

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 15, 2006 07:29

You talkin' about "gut" from here (IORR)? Are you serious? If that's the case I GOTTA go !!! (better not find a hair in my food - gut and I have our political differences - LOL....)

Date: March 15, 2006 07:31

PS: If anyone cares what I think (lol)... now that's All Over Now...

The energy level and excitement might have been best on the Friday 01-20 concert.

But when I reflect on the last few months, I think the Wednesday 01-18 concert was the best of the four I saw in NYC this year. (09-13-05, 01-18/20-06). The 01-18 concert was the best, I think, and also a great Rolling Stones concert. Probably the second best Stones concert of the 12 I've seen over the course of 30 years. And I'm an old geezer from NYC -- not a young enthusiastic fan from the Netherlands.

Date: March 15, 2006 07:33

No one suggested it was boring--I am quite certain it was not.
I am equally certain that seeing in them in that setting was very cool.

Still an unispired set list.
And, who really cares if Harvey Weinstein and John McEnroe was there?

Date: March 15, 2006 07:36

I'm not saying you should care. Just that there is a difference between looking at setlists and listening to music. And that there ARE people in New York who care that John McEnroe was there and enjoy that sort of thing. Who cares? Obviously you don't and some people do.

Date: March 15, 2006 07:37

MicksBrain Wrote:
> You talkin' about "gut" from here (IORR)? Are you
> serious? If that's the case I GOTTA go !!! (better
> not find a hair in my food - gut and I have our
> political differences - LOL....)

I do not know--there is this guy who has a grill on 36th (maybe 37th) and 7th ave. It is pretty cool and very tasty--no hairs in my experience, though in true NYC fashion he charges .50 more--but hey you get what you pay for! lol

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: March 15, 2006 07:44

great show end of story!!!woried about you!!!!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 15, 2006 07:48

1/18 at MSG was better for a number of reasons. First of all, it was longer (21 songs). Second, Love is Strong and WAY made their tour debuts, I think. Third, Tina Fey was a few rows in front of me (you can keep Weinstein and McEnroe).

Date: March 15, 2006 07:48

Here it Comes Wrote:
> I'm not saying you should care. Just that there
> is a difference between looking at setlists and
> listening to music. And that there ARE people in
> New York who care that John McEnroe was there and
> enjoy that sort of thing. Who cares? Obviously
> you don't and some people do.

Who are these people that care that John McEnroe was there and more
pertinently, why do they care?

And I will take Tina Fey over those two (Harvey Weinstein a Stones fan--yuck)

1/18 was a great time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-15 07:51 by Glass Slide.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 15, 2006 09:32

i wonder why they should play a never played before jem to that crowd. You assume that because it was a theatre and people have spent thousands, they deserve a treat like they were hardcore fans.

They were not (most of them). It was charity + social life for celeb.
Most of them probably have not played the entire EOMS once in their life (though McEnroe surely have).

So, you would have been right if that was an ordinary theatre gig as during Licks Tour. That was specifically for hardcore fans. In fact they usually delivered great setlist back then.

Anyway, I guess setlist complain is something that we need to get thru the day

Of course I agree with who said is the music and not he setlist

And, uh, just for the record, it would have been a 6 songs never heard before live setlist for me if i was there.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home