Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Is Stones the most pathetic band touring right now?
Posted by: johang ()
Date: March 12, 2006 09:23

Im just raising the question to a long lasting fan base getting nothing creative out of this tour and if you want to say go and see them, I have. It was no good. Shame on them they can do so much better and hopefully we will see that soon.

Re: Is Stones the most pathetic band touring right now?
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 12, 2006 09:29

When I want creative, I'll go to a museum, not a concert.

In the meantime, I saw this tour 4 times and had a blast at each show. Granted I would have liked to have heard songs I've never heard before, but I'll take what I can get. When it comes down to it, it's their choice what to play, and mine as to whether I want to buy the tickets.

If you want to complain about the setlist, there are 100 other threads that you can add onto, no need to start a new one just to add your opinion.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: March 12, 2006 09:32

Don't know what the most pathetic touring band is right now. I do have some idea of what the most pathetic posts are.

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: March 12, 2006 09:38

DON'T FORGET THAT MACCA IS THE KING OF KINGS. MACCA IS THE BIGGEST LADIES' MAN IN TOWN. MACCA HAS SCREWED MORE WOMEN THAN BILL WYMAN, MICK JAGGER, JULIO IGLESIAS, TOMMY LEE, GENE SIMMONS AND CASANOVA ALL TOGETHER. YOU WOULD NEED A FIRE EXTINGUISHER TO COOL DOWN MACCA'S HUGE SEX DRIVE AT OCCASIONS. MACCA IS THE KING OF BASS, GUITAR, DRUMS AND PUTTING UP SHOWS THAT LAST ALMOST 3 HOURS. MACCA PLAYS SMASH HITS FROM THE BEATLES, WINGS AND FROM SOLO PROJECTS. MACCA IS THE KING OF KINGS. BUFFOON SEE!!!!!!! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE A BUFFOOOOOOON NOT TO REALIZE THAT MACCA IS THE KING OF ALL KINGS EVEN GREATER THAN THE KING IN THE LORD OF THR RINGS. BUFFOOOON SEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUFFFOOONNN SEEE!!! MACCA IS THE GREATEST. WHEN MUHAMMAD ALI SAID HE WAS THE GREATEST HE REALLY MEANT THAT MACCA IS THE GREATEST MAN ALIVE.

MACCA IS THE BEATLES, WINGS AND THE MOST ESSENTIAL ARTIST EVER ON THIS PLANET AND ALSO IN OUTER SPACE. MACCA WOULD NEVER HOODWINK NOBODY AND HE'S THE MOST INDISPENSABLE ROCK STAR IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE. MACCA NEVER PUT UP A MEDICORE SHOW AND HE ALWAYS PLAYS AT LEAST 2.5 H GIGS WITH OVER THIRTY SONGS. HELTER SKELTER IS THE BEST HEAVY METAL EVER WRITTER BY A BABOON AND DON'T FORGET MACCA IS THE KING OF ALL KINGS. MACCA IS LUBRICIOUS AND THE WOMEN LOVES HIM REAL MUCH. MACCA OUTDID THE STONES AT SUPERBOWL. THE AUDIENCE LOVED MACCA AND HIS BASS AND HIS TIGHT STOMACH AND CUTE ARSE. MACCA IS THE KING OF ALL COFFEE SHOPS OF AMSTERDAM AND HE'D NEVER SAY NO TO WEED, CRACK AND HEROIN. MACCA IS THE KING OF ALL KINGS. MACCA IS BETTER THAN MARK KNOPFLER WHO'D BE CONSIDERED AN AMATEUR COMPARED TO MACCA AND HIS SKILLS AS A GUITARIST.

BUFFFFOOOON SEEEEEE!!!!!! MACCA HAS BEEN AWARDED THE MEDAL OF HONOR AND A NAVY CROSS FOR HIS HEROIC ACHIEVEMENTS AS A NAVY SEAL IN COMBAT DURING THE WAR IN IRAQ.

MACCA IS THE KING OF ALL KINGS IN THE WHOLE OF THE UNIVERSE. MACCA IS A BETTER POLITICIAN AND STATESMAN THAN BONO. MACCA IS NOT A GREAT FAN OF JINGOISM. MACCA IS THE KING OF ALL BUFFFOOOON SEEEEE KINGS AND EMPERORS.

Posted by: JK ()
Date: March 12, 2006 09:41

Answer to the question : no.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 12, 2006 09:43

Rank Outsider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
DON'T FORGET THAT MACCA IS THE KING OF KINGS.

Nicely done, Rank! hehehe

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: only stones ()
Date: March 12, 2006 10:27

Stones are the Sun in a darkness music night.
Sici

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 12, 2006 11:12

johang Wrote:
> Im just raising the question to a long lasting fan
> base getting nothing creative out of this tour and
> if you want to say go and see them, I have. It
> was no good. Shame on them they can do so much
> better and hopefully we will see that soon.

Guess you're the only one here that thinks that. Might as well leave! See ya!

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: March 12, 2006 12:41

A few guys on this board are obviously anxious. They are unpappy seeing people pleased with the Stones and their performances. They are unhappy seeing packed arenas and stadiums. They are finished with the band. Fine, no problem with it. But their srain reminds me of the fox of the Aesop's myth: the fox loses it's tail in a trap. After the accident the fox start a huge campain trying to convince the other foxes that would be fine living without trails. "Hey, you must have your trails cut- think, the dogs will not able to catch you easily...". But the foxes are smart animals. Bad for you, johang...

PS I suppose johang's post is a ...creative and factual post, full of arguments...

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: March 12, 2006 13:20

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But it's quite simple. Don't like it, don't go.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 12, 2006 13:24

They aren't. Quite the opposite in fact.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: March 12, 2006 13:52

Surely you must have missed Cocacabana show.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: March 12, 2006 14:16

Have you tried anti-depressants? They might help you?

Posted by: billy318124 ()
Date: March 12, 2006 14:26

i still love the Stones and am looking forward to seeing them later this year.however,i can see where you are coming from.sadly,most people in here take it as a personal insult if you dare to question anything the Stones do.its a bit creepy IMHO..............

Posted by: jseb ()
Date: March 12, 2006 14:32

it's your opinion, i respect it. but my answer to your question is no.

Posted by: billy318124 ()
Date: March 12, 2006 14:34

jseb Wrote:
> it's your opinion, i respect it. but my answer to
> your question is no.

there we are ! a sensible answer for a change.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 12, 2006 14:36

After watching clips of SWAY and Midnight Rambler in Argentina just a few minutes ago I must say they are in top form. The band that's touring right now that really needs to take a break and spend some time in the Hague is "The Bush Cheney Butt Boys Gang". They're totally out of tune and off key....Can't get ONE NUMBER right, pathetic....

Posted by: Pussy Whips ()
Date: March 12, 2006 14:44

MicksBrain Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
> The band that's touring right now that really needs to take a break and
> spend some time in the Hague is "The Bush Cheney Butt Boys Gang".
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ther're a covers band??????? right??????
Play all their own instruments,tour hard or threaten to and some poor bastards would just die to see em.

Posted by: Star ()
Date: March 12, 2006 14:48

Just got back to Manchester, England from the Forum concert in LA last Monday, and even though I've seen them many times over the years, this was one of the best. They certainly can still do it. Mick was as brilliant as ever, Keith ruled like an emperor (any talk about he can't play like he used to is pure crap), Ronnie shone and surprised me with his lead on Sway, Charlie was pure Charlie, and Faraway Eyes blew us all away in the "church".
So, stop talking bollocks and do one pal.

"till the next time..."

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: March 12, 2006 14:53

Nice and clever post, MicksBrain.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 12, 2006 14:54

Yeah, they're a BIG covers band, Mainly ZZ Top, Black Oak Arkansas, Ted Nugent, Milli Vanilli, and Flock of Seagulls. They play their own instruments (but sometimes bend down and play each others instruments - In fact, that's what they're best at !!) Yeah, there are alot of poor bastards dying for them. Man, they must be getting more press then I thought....It's a 24 hour news world !!!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 12, 2006 14:57

Johan G; what we´re you less satisfied with
(hope it wasnt the fact Taylor wasnt there?)?

I can come up with hundreds of more pathetic acts.
I say they are one of the less pathetic acts out -
ecp. concerning their age.

Posted by: Pussy Whips ()
Date: March 12, 2006 14:59

I hear Dick's so hungry to play he warms up on his friends."DUCK DUCK"

Posted by: silverrain ()
Date: March 12, 2006 16:18

I had a friend who was crazy about the Stones but he to thought the band's playing was pathic. When I questioned him as to why he felt this way I discovered he'd been sick and had recently ungone surgery. It seems the surgerical procedure was quiet extensive. In the long hours the doctors mistakenly hooked together his optic nerve with his rectal nerve leaving him with a shi%$*y out look on things. The same situation can occur if you suffer a rectal cranial inversion.

mike

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: March 12, 2006 17:32

"shame on them"?? for what? not pleasing every single fan of the MILLIONS that will see them live???

this is the most over-posted topic on the board...

sure....some nights they suck, some nights they're brilliant....and some nights they are in-between....THEY'RE A TOURING BAND....it's bound to happen....especially given the fact that they are over 60, the drummer is a cancer-survivor, the guitarists are a drunk and an "everything-survivor" who shouldn't even be alive...

Bands you might want to check out:

1) Black Crowes...putting on some great shows...
2) Pearl Jam....back on the road in May....DIG IT!!!

Posted by: pedromilfont ()
Date: March 12, 2006 17:32

The Latin American leg of the tour was great, the band was on top form. 23567564 people in this forum already said it, but I have to say again: reading setlists is VERY different than being in a concert. I really would like to have the opportunity to go to more shows, and would love to hear Jumping Jack Flash, Tumbling Dice, Start Me Up and other warhorses again.

Posted by: Some Girl ()
Date: March 12, 2006 19:06

billy318124 Wrote:
> jseb Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > it's your opinion, i respect it. but my
> answer to
> > your question is no.
>
>
> there we are ! a sensible answer for a change.
>
>

I thought most of the other answers before jseb's were quite sensible, too. No need to trash other posters for no reason.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: March 12, 2006 19:08

Rank Outsider- Which former Beatle has had more top 10 hits as a solo artist since the Beatles broke up? Here's a hint: It ain't MACCA, Lennon or Harrison.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: March 12, 2006 19:12

They sure aint pathetic..still the best for me..although I always welcome more new songs!!!Still I will have a good time...with the war and pony-horses!!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 12, 2006 19:15

Hey, that's a good expression, rooster "war and pony-horses"!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1813
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home