Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Is it effectively "All Over Now"--what a horrid set list in LV! What a BORING show!
Posted by: lynn1 ()
Date: March 5, 2006 18:03

C'mon now---let's be honest, if you went to that show with the hope that a small venue would would shake things up even a little you would have been intensely disappointed. Yawn!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-05 18:05 by lynn1.

Re: Is it effectively "All Over Now"--what a horrid set list in LV! What a BORING show!
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: March 5, 2006 18:06

but they did the incredibly rare Beast of Bottle!

Re: Is it effectively "All Over Now"--what a horrid set list in LV! What a BORING show!
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 5, 2006 18:08

Exactly why did you open a topic for this and not just say it in the Las Vegas Setlist thread?

Date: March 5, 2006 18:10

apparently to upset you, reptile!

Posted by: lynn1 ()
Date: March 5, 2006 18:11

I promise (in the future)to submit all thread proposals through the great and powerful Reptile so that there is no repetitive nature to any previously started thread on a like topic---actually I guess we should go back to the ALL-TIME 1st one if these are the new rules of engagement

Date: March 5, 2006 18:23

I was considering one more show before they leave the U.S. but,not after this.I'm going to wait for the fall U.S. shows if they happen or for the next tour.

Date: March 5, 2006 18:25

Lynn how many shows have you seen this tour?

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: March 5, 2006 20:16

I thought the set list looked pretty good, really. Anyway, L. A. is Monday night; let's see what happens there. It might make you happier.

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: March 5, 2006 20:30

WTF is with all the bitching the Vegas set list this time was about 8 songs different from november which means they changed almost half the set list from the last vegas show which is what the have done in all the citys they have played in the 2nd time around so quit bitching.

Date: March 5, 2006 20:37

yeah, I'll bet (to use the appropriate Vegas term) the Vegas folks were absolutely astonished that the Stones would delve so deep into their catalogue last night. I heard there was rampant fainting in the aisles....

Date: March 5, 2006 21:16

We all know darn well why there is bitching about this set list.The Stones started playing in Las Vegas less than twelve years ago and had done around ten shows there in that time period.Every song they played there last night had been done there before (many multiple times) except for This Place Is Empty.Not a very encouraging sign at all.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: March 5, 2006 22:15

lynn1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> C'mon now---let's be honest, if you went to that
> show with the hope that a small venue would would
> shake things up even a little you would have been
> intensely disappointed. Yawn!
>
>
>
> Edited 1 times. Last edit at 03/05/06 17:05 by
> lynn1.

Which seat did you have, lynn1?

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 5, 2006 22:52

Funny, when I talk about what crap the set list is / was / probably will be everybody jumps on me as if I was Allen Klein..... Good for you Lynn1, and StonesTod sarcasim has me laughing out loud. The bottom line is we expect the Stones to be bold, take chances, try new things and instead they're acting like The Beach Boys. The last tour was kinda know for FINALLY dusting off CYHMK, such an overlooked classic.The '94 tour had everybody excited about "Monkey Man" - another one that should have popped up years earlier. I figure that they should do 3 or 4 rare ones per show for the die hard fans that go way back. On this tour surely they could have done "Sway", "As Tears Go By" and either(pick 2) "Time Waits For No One", "Loving Cup", "Let It Loose", or "She Was Hot" every night to please us long termers. Another 4 could be new ones off of ABB and the rest...whatever. That's 8 songs out of 20? Surely making the other 12 the war horses/greatest hits is enough to please the Stones - Lite fans. This just seems like the "Take the Money and Run" Tour. Not Even Rio had any surprises - not even one extra song thrown in. Maybe Charlie's Cancer has freaked them out or something...what ever it is it's a shame.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: March 5, 2006 23:10

Surely the band themselves must be bored rigid playing the same old warhorses night after night, or does the lust for ever greater amounts of money offer some kind of protective shield against the effects of boredom and tedium?

Talk about doing things to death. There was a time when I actually used to LIKE those songs.

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: March 5, 2006 23:12

I think the setlist is at least ok, and the nowadays very rarely played BoB is a gem. For me it's important to attend a great show, and the stones till guarantee that. I attended the msg and giants september 05 shows, and the 20th of january at msg. I'm form germany, and only came over to see the stones. You abroad people are so lucky to see this kinda shows, which are way better than the european stadium shows we only will get this summer!!!

Stop moaning about setlists...

Posted by: Josh2131 ()
Date: March 5, 2006 23:17

I am going to see a band a couple of weeks for the fourth(?) time since they started there recent tour. They only have three albums out and play basically the same set each night. I might even see them the week following the show. A good is a good song no matter how many shows its been played at.

Josh

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: March 5, 2006 23:18

Agree---micawber
---aber freue mich auf die Stones---stadium shows

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 5, 2006 23:23

Exactly Logie. I remember a Mick interview on the ABC news show 20/20 (I think it was) where he was breaking it down and kinda bitchin' about the 8 warhorses he felt he HAD to do every night (and I believe this might have been an interview for the '94 Voodoo Lounge tour) if anything it's gotten worse since then and now there's AT LEAST 10 warhorses. Why not rotate some of the warhorses instead of rotating the rarely played ones? I don't get it......(unless of course it's all about $$$$$)

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: March 5, 2006 23:42

MicksBrain Wrote:
Why not rotate some of the warhorses
> instead of rotating the rarely played ones? I
> don't get it......(unless of course it's all about
> $$$$$)

I think you just answered your own question!

Date: March 6, 2006 04:02

As I've said before.................I could wipe my ass with this thread

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: March 6, 2006 04:06

It's not so much that the Vegas setlist was bad in and of itself, for me it is just the general frustration that the setlist only differs by 4-5 songs max per show, and even those choices are more and more unspiring lately.

Date: March 6, 2006 05:36

For me it's not about rotating more than five songs between shows in different cities.That # is good enough to allow them to be creative,try new songs & still give the tour some kind of shape and identity.How many people follow them around the planet?The real problem is that almost all of the songs they are selecting on this tour have already been done many times on recent tours.They should have brought out more songs that have rarely or never been played live & they should have tried more new songs.

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: March 6, 2006 10:54

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.
In fact make that
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN!

titN - or maybe they should just call it a day, on your sage advice of course, and not care about entertaining the other 99% of the audience.
Again, take a look at the Monterrey review.

I don't know how you can slag off set lists when your post is so dull and predictable.
I bet it took some thought to put those pearls of wisdom down.
Can't wait for the ticket price thread.

Geez, and people get wound up about reruns on TV!!!!!

Love and peace, Oily.

Date: March 6, 2006 10:55

Obviously Lynn has seen no shows this tour. So why is he whining about the concerts?

Date: March 6, 2006 11:00

Go Reptile!!!
Probably because he's not even tried to get any tickets :-)
I'm sick of these dullass whingers.
Wouldn't you just love to have then around for dinner?
The conversation would be sparkling!

Oily.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 6, 2006 11:05

How intesting it is to see reviews and comments on shows from people that did not actually attend the show!

Bjornulf

Date: March 6, 2006 11:06

Exactly.

Oily.

Posted by: kuenzer ()
Date: March 6, 2006 11:08

> How intesting it is to see reviews and comments on shows from people that did not actually attend the show!

Is it really necessary to attend a show in order to be able to tell what Satisfaction sounded
like this time? Yawn.

Date: March 6, 2006 11:14

kuenzer Wrote:
> > How intesting it is to see reviews and
> comments on shows from people that did not
> actually attend the show!
>
> Is it really necessary to attend a show in order
> to be able to tell what Satisfaction sounded
> like this time? Yawn.
>
>
>

Yeah but it's like complaining about the food in a restaurant you never go to.

Posted by: kuenzer ()
Date: March 6, 2006 11:16

Such as MacDonalds with their warhorses Hamburger and Cheeseburger.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1933
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home