Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

still no reviews from Monterrey
Posted by: hi1 ()
Date: March 3, 2006 07:54

What is goin' on? What happened there? We wanna know...

Re: still no reviews from Monterrey
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 3, 2006 08:18

It happened. And I do have reviews. I am just lazy. OK so I have to do some work...

Basically they had a technical problem. Then they were on. Mick seemed like being in a different world. Never seen him so extreme energic really since a long time, like his most extreme on That's How Strong My Love Is. On seversal songs. When he did Midnight Rambler he was playing the crowd like crazy. He could do whatever he wanted with them. They were total in his control. The crowd was kind of easier to work than in Mexico City. So it was easy for Mick who loves crowds he can really put over the top. And Keith had his moment up there said he liked it at wanted to move there. Mexico City was freezing cold and they stayed in a resort place with temperature 30 C i.e. 90 F so I guess it was a real change. Plus the scenic high mountains all around the city makes it really special. Ronnie was swinging and having a great time. I will tell you how concentrated Mick was. Somebody was throwing a Mexican flag right next to his feet as he was singing You Can't Always Get What You Want. Front walkway to B-stage. He did not lay his eyes on it for a second. Still he moved on a square foot spot around this flag while he once again was working the crowd getting them into the song. He could easily have thumbled in the flag but he was like Nurejev there. That is what I call concentration, and that is what I call a show. Lisa took the breath out of the crowd but not herself as she did a fantastic Gimme Shelter. I have still goosebumps thinking back on that performance. Sharlie was banging along as steady as he is always doing. Satisfaction lasted forever and the fireworks were bigger than I have seen in a long while. No pickpockets and at 1am in the morning it was still 24 C and shops and restaurants were all open which is not so bad. Monterrey was great!

Bjornulf

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: March 3, 2006 09:46

My own complaints about the set-list aside, I'm glad it was such a great show. Rock on, Bjornulf!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-03 10:05 by nikkibong.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 3, 2006 09:50

nikkibong Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Set-list bitching aside, I'm glad it was such a
> great show. Rock on, Bjornulf!

There's ardly any bad Stones show IMO. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1565
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home