Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Who is the most overrated artist or group ever?
Posted by: virgil ()
Date: February 28, 2006 03:43

Elton John, Billy Joel, The Doors

Posted by: WNY Stones ()
Date: February 28, 2006 03:50

Neil Young
Kiss
Guns and Roses

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: February 28, 2006 04:00

don't know about overrated, but most annoying is surely darryljones and the DrfitAway thrwad.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: WNY Stones ()
Date: February 28, 2006 04:21

ChelseaDrugstore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> don't know about overrated, but most annoying is
> surely darryljones and the DrfitAway thrwad.
>
> I took the dream poison before someone else taught
> me right.

Now Thats funny!

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: February 28, 2006 06:14

BROOOOOOOOCE!

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: February 28, 2006 07:02

The Police

Posted by: RoddyD ()
Date: February 28, 2006 09:43

I'll get caned, but apart from Workingmans Dead (which is at least listenable), I really think you have to be off your trolley to e-n-j-o-y The Grateful Dead.

Rgds
Rod
Perth

Posted by: JbirdOU ()
Date: February 28, 2006 21:34

Pink Floyd only got really good after Meddle IMHO everthing after that was classic, The Wall was the last of a great run in music. I think Roger Waters might say why, Although I saw them without Waters in the mid-90's the show was Brilliant, Pouring rain, They played the entire Dark Side of the Moon CD it was awesome! I might say that "Several Small Furry Animals Gathered together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict", was a real singa long at most shows! Under rated would have to be Buddy Holly, Overrated After reading some of this U2 .

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: February 28, 2006 21:51

Dave Matthews Band. For the life of me I don't get the attraction to this guy. Some of his stuff is Ok, but hardly worth the fuss made over him.

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: February 28, 2006 22:00

Mattews sucks ass!

Posted by: danielb ()
Date: February 28, 2006 22:22

Have you ever listened to any R.E.M. albums from the 80s?!

Murmur, Fables of the Reconstruction, Lifes Rich Pageant, Reckoning, Document, Green

It's like a freaking murderers row!

Certainly not overrated!

Hansel Wrote:
> U2,NIrvana,Pearl Jam and REM

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: February 28, 2006 22:23

I can't figure the whole thing about him out either. He is huge with College crowd. And those songs meander, he has those gay little dance steps that remind me of the little guy with the big head from Hall and Oates, there is a VIOLA player for F8ck's sake,...and I want to like him. Saw him on Charlie Rose and he made some sense. John Mayer, Dave Matthews...white boys in trouble.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: atip ()
Date: February 28, 2006 22:39

>
>
>
> Hansel Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > U2,NIrvana,Pearl Jam and REM
>
>
>

Man, I gots ta tell you, those are all good bands in my book. If we use the term "overrated", U2 and Nirvana might be included in that list, but they are very good bands, none the less.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: February 28, 2006 22:43

Well, Nirvana's "Bleach" album was ok, "Nevermind" was quite good and changed the music scene, "Incesticide" was quite good, but an outtakes album and "In Utero" was total crap, but a big seller. The best part of this is that the band even stated that they made it crap on purpose to get many "fans" to leave & let the band alone...but MTV makes whatever it wants big...and this was one of em. Folks can tell me that "In Utero" was good...but the band & I agree it sucks.

REM...they stink dude. I know those albums...and they aren't that good. Document was the best of the bunch...but it really hasn't stood the test of time...and for good reason.

Posted by: homerus ()
Date: August 5, 2006 21:19

agree for the who

Posted by: curtisdavis ()
Date: August 5, 2006 21:36

Pearl Jam,U2,Bruce Springsteen,Guns and Roses,Nirvana,and Jimmy Buffet.

Posted by: rainhog ()
Date: August 5, 2006 21:37

.38 special....not that there is a lot of talk of them but imo they make me turn the radion station EVERYTIME....no if ands or buts.

Posted by: maine road ()
Date: August 5, 2006 21:40

I had an abcess removed from my right shin this week and it was still a more uplifting experience than listening to Radiohead who as far as I can see have no charisma, have never written a decent song in their life and yet always feature in top 10 album lists.

Plus I can't understand the appeal of second rate Stones clones like Aerosmith, Primal Scream and New York Dolls. Best stick with the originals.

And in England, New Order are highly thought of. Why???

Erm I'll get my anti biotics

Posted by: Ged Rambler ()
Date: August 5, 2006 22:03

Reptile Wrote:
> The Beatles. They're the average 60's pop band. I
> don't get all the fuss...

I don't get it either.

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: August 5, 2006 22:04

U2

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 5, 2006 23:05

Coconut trees .... vastly overrated.

Posted by: tussler ()
Date: August 5, 2006 23:56

I don`t understand why you can say that Springsteen, Young, ELP, Beatles GN`R, Queen, Ramones, Nirvana, Iggy is overrated. Thet have always gone their own way. Someone even mention Led Zeppelin.

Think about all the releases that come out today. It`s just a big factory who make mainstrem pop without real musicians.Attack those instead and the big musicindustry who kill all the creative musicians. Be glad all these bands have released what they have released because about a few years there will not be a known guitarist, bassplayer or a drummer or a band who write their own music.

Posted by: Nelson ()
Date: August 6, 2006 02:30

Just logged in for this one: how in the world can someone think that janis joplin,neil youmg and the doors are overrated? Now Nelson is upset,time for a smoke.

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: August 6, 2006 04:09

..... come on, theres hundreds of em... few rise ta the top of any of the arts.. some are happy with there crummy street fair an some marvel that what the getty has scrap'd together,, im turnin up 'jivin sister fanny right now, i got things ta do tonight..

Posted by: scelsa ()
Date: August 6, 2006 04:46

the beatles, by a mile

springsteen

u2

Posted by: thor ()
Date: August 6, 2006 06:06

Alot of people gonna scream about this, but considering his body of work in the last 35 years, I would have to say Bob Dylan.

Posted by: La Mano Nera ()
Date: August 6, 2006 06:39

Every top 10 list I see, Lep Zeppelin is always number one. How come? To me, they're not rock and roll at all. They're just pompous ass holes. Jimmy Page riffs like a 6th grader. I mean, he has maybe two or three nice ones, but he is hardly a riff machine as our Keith Richard's is. Robert Plant? Don't get me started. Although, I heard a song off his most recent album (when did it come out?) that actually wasn't too bad. I enjoyed it very much. It had like a very country flavor too it, with an acoustic guitar and him singing decently for a change. But, back in the '70s, I think they were just a Stones ripoff. They only had one guitarist for Christ sake.

And, I won't deny the Beatles influence or innovation, but everyone here know's they can't rock like some of the other guys from the era. Who in the Beatle's honestly compares to the Keith Richards?

As for underrated, I think that goes to Metallica. Honestly, James Hetfield, when it comes to riffery and song writing, is second only to Keith himself. His rythym guitar could derail a @#$%& freight train and sadly not many people realize that. I mean, he practically invented a whole new way to play the guitar. All the kids my age who play guitar owe it to Hetfield, cause they play exactly the same way he did. Mega Death? Dave Mustaine? @#$%& that.
It really pisses me off when people say they sold out and that St. Anger was crap. I thought it was very good, and I think it was more of a transition. You know, like the Stones had between Exile and Some Girls. The stuff inbetween wasn't terrible at all- it was just different. Anyone catch my drift?

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: August 6, 2006 06:40

Fransje Bauer (the Shorts are a close second)

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: August 6, 2006 06:47

Crokus and Poison Have to be amongst THE WORST!

Date: August 6, 2006 07:38

ok the media and critics have to love you to be overrated so people who named kiss, alice cooper, and 80's rock bands loose out because only the fans love them, critics hate them. most overrated band might be led zeppelin.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1534
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home