Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Bodie Miller
Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: February 26, 2006 01:54

lost again!!! what a clown!!!

Re: Bodie Miller
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: February 26, 2006 01:57

yep. and three medals for austria!

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: February 26, 2006 03:33

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-05 21:51 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 26, 2006 11:28

Like that other big mouth Chad Hedrick. 5 gold medals. What a joke!

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: February 26, 2006 11:33

You should see the film about Bode Miller He's one of the last heros in Skiing, besides the time when the canucks travelled around in the VW-bus years ago.
Not only because I am a fanatic snowboarder myself I think the Snowboard scene now is what used to be the skiing scene yesterday. Every little thing is just taken to serious. I do not want to argue that everybody needs money, but I think people should take their hats off in front of guys like Bode.... and before even talking: do you make any sports yourself???

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: February 26, 2006 12:20

He is flamboyant and vocal. It's only natural that he should expect some static after having been touted as so great and having lost miserably in all five events. Perhaps the pressure of the olympics is more than he can handle, or maybe
one less party would have been better for him.

"make up your mind, 'cause I gotta go"

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: February 26, 2006 13:57

Drunk, loser, slacker only surpassed by the hot dogging snowboard losers.

Some people step up and overachieve, others choke and underachieve.

You say it isn't whether you win or lose, it is how you play the game? Well he does it with a lousy attitude and embarasses himself along with his country. He is a double loser on that front.

The only bigger loser is Nike for paying for celebrity instead of performance.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 26, 2006 15:22

I liked his comment in an interview "Yes, I went drinking at the Olympics, but not the night before a race". At least he was really focused and determined.

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: February 26, 2006 16:04

Bode Miller is a loser because he didn't try. Its not whether you win or lose, but the effort has to be there...........

(In my opinion).

Date: February 26, 2006 16:20

Don't doubt that he is a nice guy and everything - far "cooler" than most of the skiers that are around. The Austrians are horribly serious and actually not very interesting. Bode is - but he's not winning. He's far behind this season - but as long as he has fun - be it.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 26, 2006 16:33

In America where sports rules (except soccer) we describe it like this:

HE CHOKED!!! Winning is everything, people compete to win not lose.

and that idiot girl who hotdogged the snowboarding race and lost the gold:

IMMATURE, childish, got what she deserved, only one problem she forgot she was representing her team and country instead of me, I, and myself.

Posted by: Auster ()
Date: February 26, 2006 16:37

Who is Bodi Miller?

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 26, 2006 16:40

What is a "Bode"

Date: February 26, 2006 16:53

i happen to think he is very talented, and ski racers can be a bit quirky....i wonder about the guys who won?? did they make a point of getting all banged up??? hey i used to be (still play a bit ) a top lacrosse player..and i loved to party ...but to be consistant and syay at the top of your game you cant party like that...and repeat stay consistant!!!!..party all you want do what ever you want....one day he will figure it out...

Date: February 26, 2006 18:26

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-05 21:50 by Beelyboy.

Date: February 26, 2006 18:33

beelyboy....sounds like you have some issues....Bode....btw one of buddies ....no names does bussiness w/ Bode....and will tell me he is a goof ...that he cant even rap w/ a chick, that he has to have his friends introduce the girl's to him.....so as far as being "cool" i guess thats subjective...

Date: February 26, 2006 18:38

Beelyboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> steven; you are the little jealous "loser"; Bode
> did not ski drunk...that's the kind of slander you
> get when you believe the media
> hypemasters...probably as out of shape and
> unfocused as you are...
> as far as being a 'loser'...he's been on so many
> winning podiums that i'm sure someone of your
> intelligence could not count that high...
> he's talented, skilled, rich and kind...eat your
> heart out; slammin' a genuis of sport, and a
> wonderfully kind and committed and successful
> athlete that u know nothing about; look in the
> mirror and say it real slow..."loosssseerrrr"

I think you could calm down a bit again. He's a good athlet but by far not the best.
Everyone needs proper training and cut back a bit from going out, etc to be really competitive. This season Bode didn't really deliever and there's a reason for that...

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: February 26, 2006 20:09

Bodie Miller is a discrace to the USA. pLAIN AND simple.

Date: February 26, 2006 20:50

x

Date: February 26, 2006 21:22

Beely no worries...i could get into details...trust me..a matter of fact i uesd to hang (BFD)...w/ Bill Johnson..many moons ago...aj kitt...skied w/ jean claude killy...my point is this ... if he won he would have been a legend..if he lost which he did...close or not he comes off looking like a chump....also in my book he has a talent which he seems to take for granted which is a real waste...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-26 21:23 by tat2you.

Date: February 26, 2006 21:28

x

Date: February 26, 2006 21:52

thank god for cuting and pasting....i also liked eddy the eagle....and the jamacian bob sled team.......lol....
you know maybe its our whole team or allot of em...like mens hockey?those guys are as good as any body .....they sucked the other countries seem to take this a bit more seriously...?

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: February 26, 2006 22:33

Dude, where's my medal?

Dude, where's my respect?

Dude, Hollywood is calling. They are remaking Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Face it, he has earned every bit of the scorn and humiliation he will face the rest of his life for being an immature, dim witted punk.

People forgive bad performances, they don't forgive bad attitudes and selfish behavior. Time for the spoiled brat to grow up accept responsibility for making a fool of himself and his country in front of millions.

Date: February 27, 2006 00:19

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-05 21:49 by Beelyboy.

Date: February 27, 2006 00:20

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-05 21:49 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: February 27, 2006 00:26

I enjoyed watching the Olympics this year a great deal, but Bode, man, what an embarrassment. Somewhere out there there is an athlete who didn't get into the olympics, sitting on his couch wishing he could be in Bode's skis, listening to Bode say,

"At least I got to party at an olympic level."

Some athletes bet their lives on making the olympics and representing their nation with dignity. Who cares that Bode didn't win a medal. The fact is he's flaunting the fact that he partied all week instead. What a waste of a good athlete, a waste of major sponsorship $$$. What a jerk.

Date: February 27, 2006 01:19

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-05 21:48 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: February 27, 2006 03:14

its funny, i was reading Time magazine, and there was an editorial section on Bode Miller, and people were presenting exactly the same arguments for each side.
As for Miller, well is too bad he lost, shit happens i guess. I saw him on TV, because of all the press, and im not a professional skier, but he looked pretty good, and in his defence, so are the Austrians. I suppose as an Olympic Athlete, he did the best he wanted to do and thats that.

I dont think that partying is a major factor. I play rugby a lot, an the nights before the games, the whole team is getting REALLY drunk, and everybody shows up Saturday morning at 10:00 for a 10:30 kickoff, and were pretty good, 3rd in the league i think. Im not taking sides here, but i hope its just a rational neutral point of view.

The Sicilian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is a "Bode"
>

bode:
v. bod·ed, bod·ing, bodes
v. tr.
1. To be an omen of: heavy seas that boded trouble for small craft.
2. Archaic. To predict; foretell.

v. intr.
To be an omen; portend: The peace accord bodes well for the city under siege.
--------------------
bode, Iowa (city, FIPS 7210)
Population (1990): 335 (168 housing units)
Area: 1.1 sq km (land), 0.0 sq km (water)
Zip code(s): 50519
----------------------------

Posted by: Treesnake2000 ()
Date: February 27, 2006 03:51

Whatever, Beelyboy: you go to the Olympics to win, or at least compete hard. Even if he's fast before straddling a gate or going off course, part of competing hard is not going out drinking during the Olympics. (No offense to mttlacroix, but I wouldn't equate your weekend rugby league with being an Olympic athlete.) Not taking it seriously is insulting to teammates, competitors, and fans alike.

If Bode Miller's message is that there are more important things in the Olympics than winning, then he should have DELIVERED that message by speaking to the press after his races at the Olympics, instead of jumping the fence and running to his motor home without talking to anyone. The fact that he ducked any questions just made it seem like he was upset and sulking.

I guess we'll have to rely on his Nike ads to hear what he really thinks. The fact that he does those ads shows that he welcomes at least some of his fame, so those of us who question his performance aren't the terrible people invading the philosopher-skier's privacy whom Beelyboy would make us out to be.

I'm not into personal attacks on Bode Miller (especially because I don't want to hear anymore about how you're both from N.H.; you started out in this thread both being from the White Mountains N.F.; then you became friends from the same village; the other guy hung out with Jean Claude Killy; whatever). I watched Bode Miller at the Olympics, and he sucked. As an American, he was representing ME and MY COUNTRY, and he let me down. The fact that YOU are from his home state is totally irrelevant to that fact.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-27 03:53 by Treesnake2000.

Date: February 27, 2006 04:17

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-05 21:43 by Beelyboy.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1539
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home