Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

something is fishy in the kingdom of NFL/ABC
Posted by: hi1 ()
Date: February 11, 2006 12:20

02.07.06 Stones' Spokesperson Responds To NFL/ABC Censorship
Commenting on the actions taken by the NFL/ABC during the Rolling Stones' Super Bowl XL Half Time Show, a spokesperson for band said today, "The Rolling Stones thought the censorship of their songs by the NFL/ABC was absolutely ridiculous and completely unnecessary."

I thought the Stones knew about it? Guess not! They are too daring for the Super Bowl crowd!

Re: something is fishy in the kingdom of NFL/ABC
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 11, 2006 12:41

I was surprised as well off the reaction on rs.com. I thought it was clear that they knew.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: February 11, 2006 14:03

I think they knew. There was a simular post about this topic here a couple of days ago. I guess that knew of course but then posted this statement after the suoperbowl just to get on the front page a extra day ortwo. Just good marketing if you asked me!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 11, 2006 15:07

what's "fishy" about it? of course the Stones knew there would be censorship, but that doesn't mean they thought it was cool.
no doubt the network also knew - weeks ago - that the Stones would issue this statement afterwards. anyway it's no capital crime ...

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: February 11, 2006 18:37

A perfectly normal reaction by the Stones because the censorship WAS just play stupid, unnecessary and insulting! Yes the knew about it but rather than cause a fuss BEFORE the show they waiting to express their honest opinion, the RIGHT opinion.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2038
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home