Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
wife and the stones
Posted by: hi1 ()
Date: February 9, 2006 08:17

i am going to one concert of the Stones and it does cost money but this will the only concert i shall attend for this tour and she made little noice. She thinks it is wayyyyy tooo expensive to see them. But we will be in the area when the concert takes place... why not enjoy one evening together.... women women women!!! is it hte same with you guys out there?

Re: wife and the stones
Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: February 9, 2006 08:40

No. You should leave her.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: February 9, 2006 09:16

Yes, it is expensive. But compere with the cost for one single NBA match i USA or one single Premier League match in UK. And there are a lot of them every season.
Isn't it worth the money one time every tour? Talk to her again. Or through her out. You can't be married to both your wife and the Stones.

Posted by: turd ()
Date: February 9, 2006 10:05

Mrs Turd is always going on about the price of everything. I think it is a woman thing. They cannot see the importance of some things in life, like going to see the roling stones - too expensive. But if it is a new coat or yet another pair of shoes, that is a different thing. Money doesn't seem to matter then. It's as if part of her brain is missing........

Posted by: deg01 ()
Date: February 9, 2006 10:14

Answer: Go solo.

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: February 9, 2006 10:30

AS we are both addicted it's easy. However we do not listen much music back home and the live event is special. We save a lot on other things like booze or fancy hotels during that time. If you're honest there's always a space to save for a Stones concert and to explain it...

Posted by: MikeG ()
Date: February 9, 2006 11:09

Personal opinion--Go and take your wife along.

I've seen 'em every tour since '75 and this is the best I've ever seen them. I was pretty amazed to see how good they are when I saw them in Columbus, Ohio last fall. So much so that I got tickets at Ebay for two other shows and drove the midwest like a camp follower.

Took both my wife and son along to the last one in St. Louis and my wife has thanked me several times for the trip. She knows I'm a Stones freak and had only seen them once in the late 80s and didn't get it. After seeing them this time, she was blown away.

The only problem I'm having now is that I'd been talking about a short trip to Vegas and/or Ark. to see 'em and she wants to go and see them again as well.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 9, 2006 11:30

Luckily my wife liked the stones on her first concert and has been to every one since then, it must be a woman thing because she has had a few moans about the up and coming european tour espiecally when i mentioned that i fancied barcelona or paris.

Sometimes i wonder if she would really enjoy herself or is she thinking of the money during the concert.

When i mentioned st petersburg it was 'dont even go there'.

Good news been having trouble getting a response from a ticket agency as my tickets were over a week late arriving for the first paris concert, but recieved a e-mail today stating that they ahve been sent so fingers crossed.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: February 9, 2006 13:56

Rock and Roll is the only woman in my life, she's a tough cookie but the rewards are worth it.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: February 9, 2006 17:42

my fiance is a rocker.....she bought the tickets...........one lucky bum here

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 9, 2006 17:50

Thommie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, it is expensive. But compere with the cost
> for one single NBA match i USA or one single
> Premier League match in UK.

£30-40 for a Premier league match in England
£150 for a Stones ticket

Quite a difference

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: February 9, 2006 18:10

I never took my wife to a Stones show. She wasn't that much of a fan. I did, however, go to two shows with my wife's sister. In fact she paid for my tickets.
I'm no longer married. Go figure.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: February 9, 2006 18:17

You shouldn't take it so hard....

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: February 9, 2006 18:19

reg thorpe Wrote:
> You shouldn't take it so hard....

Thanks reg, believe me, I aint complaining

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: February 9, 2006 18:28

My wife will go once per tour. She does let me go multiple times, though.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: February 9, 2006 18:29

Take her with you, she'll love the show.

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: February 9, 2006 19:46

I have no wife..... LOL..... so no problem for me.

My boyfriend never wanted to go to a Stones show. But now he is my Ex and he will even travel to the Paris show with me. Sometimes it's better to split up..... to have fun.

Posted by: ruby t. ()
Date: February 9, 2006 20:33

I WISH MY HUSBAND WAS A STONES FREAK!!!!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 9, 2006 20:36

the wife loves the Stones and is usually good for a show or two per tour. i'm glad she's not a fanatic - one in the family is more than enough.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: February 9, 2006 20:37

Just no understanding sad smiley

Posted by: deg01 ()
Date: February 9, 2006 23:16

I agree with MikeG. Take her along. If it is her first time seeing them, she'll probably have a great time.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: February 9, 2006 23:32

My girlfriend, who's 22 and likes Timberlake, Usher etc has been with me to see Ronnie Wood last year in London, and to the Philly gigs last October. She's coming to both Wembley gigs and Glasgow. She's not a fan but always comes with me even if it's half way around the world. If we're having a mega row she'll always throw this line in; 'You love the Rolling Stones more than you love me' to which I never answer because deep down she knows! Even worse, she knows she's helpless about doing anything to change it!

Posted by: monkeygripglue ()
Date: February 9, 2006 23:42

go solo...i took my girlfriend to see hot tuna with me over xmas and she complained, yawned, shifted from foot to foot and made fun of them the whole time...i didnt invite her in the first place and drove by myself...she met me there after she got off of work and once they were almost finished she decided she was sleepy and she left...so much for my fun nite...then on new years eve she was asleep by 11:00 in the hotel room...hmmm..and she's pissed at me for not being able to 'commit formally via ring'....i just can't...but you guys probably didnt need to hear that.

anyway...enjoy the show with or without her hahaa

Posted by: WNY Stones ()
Date: February 9, 2006 23:57

I met my wife waiting in line for Stones tickets in 1997. I guess I have the perfect women. If it was up to her we would sell everything and go from city to city to see them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-10 00:00 by WNY Stones.

Date: February 9, 2006 23:58

T&A Wrote:
> the wife loves the Stones and is usually good for
> a show or two per tour. i'm glad she's not a
> fanatic - one in the family is more than enough.

Likewise!

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: February 10, 2006 00:01

Gazza Wrote:
> £30-40 for a Premier league match in England
> £150 for a Stones ticket
>
> Quite a difference
>
>
You're comparing the most expensive Stones-tickets in London with the cheapest Premier League-tickets in the country. And PL-ticket in London are in general higher than "country-tickets"
Stones Wembley-ticket prices are from £60.
Chelsea-tickets are between £45 and £60, Arsenal £30-72.

Date: February 10, 2006 00:12

how high a proportion of Stones Wembley tickets do you think are £60? Even what are quite ordinary grandstand tickets are £150 (the same ones that were £80 in 2003 and £40 in 1999). The £90 and £60 tickets (apart from the first few rows) are nothing special

Whatever way you dress it up, the average ticket price for the Stones' Wembley shows will be considerably higher than the average ticket for any Premiership club - including Chelsea and the Arse!

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: February 10, 2006 01:15

We stick to our strengths. I get the tickets, she sorts out the hotels and travel.

Posted by: Marcia ()
Date: February 10, 2006 02:05

WNY Stones Wrote:
> I met my wife waiting in line for Stones tickets
> in 1997. I guess I have the perfect women. If it
> was up to her we would sell everything and go from
> city to city to see them.
>
>
>
> Edited 1 times. Last edit at 02/10/06 00:00 by WNY
> Stones.

Your wife has a great outlook on life....I would do the same in the blink on an eye.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 10, 2006 02:14

I would always attend the first Toronto show with the fellas and then when they return in December or January for the 2nd show I would take her.

But this year no 2nd show in Toronto (not yet) but it does not look good.

However, back in the 70's and early 80's every girl I took to see J Geils never heard of them but fell in love with them every time.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2165
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home