Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

..sad sad sad...
Posted by: monkeygripglue ()
Date: February 9, 2006 04:04

as much as i hate steel wheel i am bored and listening to it tonite...i was looking over the liner notes and noticed that on 'sad sad sad' that it says guitars by mick and keith and bass by ronnie...i always assumed that the lead guitar on that track was ron wood...apparently it's keith...if this is so he sure has lost a thing or 2 in the last few years...also has the same credits on 'hold on to your hat'...keith was playing some pretty fast stuff back then and now the only lead i can recall from the new album is the 5 second one on 'oh no not you again'...i wonder if his hands are really bothering him...

Re: ..sad sad sad...
Posted by: bianca ()
Date: February 9, 2006 04:42

funny you mention that song...i just dusted off flashpoint and i quite liked SSS.

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: February 9, 2006 06:23

Yeah and I found out how to play when I @#$%& the intro of start me up.I said that reminds me something,but I don't have the cd.So I was trying to figure out were I have heard this intro before.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: February 9, 2006 06:33

It's sad sad sad that they haven't played this since Urban Jungle. It works great live!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 9, 2006 06:36

SSS was played during the Licks tour....

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: February 9, 2006 06:36

They broke out Sad Sad Sad at the Philly theater show in '02 - how'd it sound? Anybody want to yousendit it?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 9, 2006 06:49

also at the toronto warmup show

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: February 9, 2006 16:06

it´s not a bad song, i actually liked it very much back then in ´89, but when i know listen to it from time to time , i am not very fond of it any more! i think it can´t stand the test of time - from the later stones openers i think it is the weakest - no comparison to undercover, one hit, love is strong or rough justice!

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: February 9, 2006 16:08

that begs the question: what is the best track off Steel Wheels ?? Tough one as there aren't too many hinglights IMO...

I'd say "Mixed Emotions"

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: February 9, 2006 16:18

Rock n hard place
slipping away
continental drift
terrifying
eyc. etc

it would be a corking except for the 80's production....

Posted by: smilingsun ()
Date: February 9, 2006 16:24

Slipping Away or Almost Hear You Sigh. Continental Drift gets a honorable mention. All the rockers are so 80s, no, thanks. But nothing beats Blinded By Love... ouch, terrible song from the sexy Rolling Stones.

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: February 9, 2006 17:06

best songs of SW: Mixed emotions and Rock n hard place (maybe they are so 80s, but anyhow, what does it matter!), Almost Hear You Sigh and Continental Drift!

Date: February 9, 2006 18:33

i'd have to say 'slipping away' is the best song on steel wheels...

'sad sad sad' & 'hold on to your hat' have no substance whatsoever...i remember mick and keith bragging about how they banged out 4-5 songs a day when they met in barbados...they just neglected to tell anyone that they were no good..

'continental drift' is interesting but i would'nt say a good song...maybe they should've done it when brian was still around...

'mixed emotions'just brings back horrible memories of the video of them prancing around in the studio and hurricane hugo leaving me without power for an entire week..

'rock in a hard place' = lame

'break the spell' is a bad outtake...

'can't be seen' sounds like they are all wearing fuscia colored jackets

the rest of the songs are forgettable...it was just a bad record and an even worse tour...i was happy to get the 80's out of the way...

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: February 9, 2006 18:36

'mixed emotions'just brings back horrible memories of the video of them prancing around in the studio and hurricane hugo leaving me without power for an entire week..

Word. Me too.

'sup Monkey?

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: February 9, 2006 19:02

One of the five all-time low water marks for me.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: February 9, 2006 19:33

Almost Hear You Sigh is one of my favorite post Taylor cut's!!!!!

Love that song!!! and I happen to really like this album!!!

Guess it's a matter of taste..

MLC

Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: February 9, 2006 20:26

Sad Sad Sad and Hold On To Your Hat have both great solos by Keith I gues he was more into solos then then now. He was doing some great and faster solos at the early 90's. Like on SFTD on Flashpoint. My theory is that after working with the Winos he improved his guitar skills (maybe Waddy had something to do with this)and felt like soloing more. Thank God he did. By the way I love both Sad Sad Sad and Hold On to Your hat. I don't know why so many people hate HOTYH, it's such a great rocker. Fun lyrics.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 9, 2006 20:29

HOTYH has absolutely no "soul" to it, IMO. Lifeless rubbish. One of the most un-Stonesy rockers ever. Hope that helps!

Date: February 9, 2006 23:05

HEY LUKESTER! HOPE THINGS ARE GOING OK IN THE HIGH COUNTRY

Date: February 9, 2006 23:23

monkeygripglue Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HEY LUKESTER! HOPE THINGS ARE GOING OK IN THE HIGH
> COUNTRY

going great, monkey wrench. How are things in S'ville? I've enjoyed reading your comments and topics. Actually, I need to wean myself a little of this forum so I can actually do some of the work here in this office I'm well paid to do. It's like an addiction.

oh no, here comes the boss now. I need to look busy....

Date: February 9, 2006 23:31

i have 2 strategically placed cd's that act as 'bus mirrors'so i can see if anyone is sneaking up on me...

i have perfected the art of looking busy

Date: February 9, 2006 23:46

monkeygripglue Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i have 2 strategically placed cd's that act as
> 'bus mirrors'so i can see if anyone is sneaking up
> on me...
>
> i have perfected the art of looking busy

Ha ha
There is so much I can learn from you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1334
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home