Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rock And A Hard Place - Rock Mix Edit Version ???
Posted by: René ()
Date: February 6, 2006 14:45

2 questions:

On the site:

[www.toru.com]

Chapter "The Rolling Stones US Promo 5" CD Singles" says that a Terrifying CD single (CSK-1897) with track 2 called "Rock And A hard Place - Rock Mix Edit
Version" exists, but I've never heard or read anything about this Rock And a Hard Place version. Does this version really exist?

Also on this site:

[www.toru.com]

Chapter "The Rolling Stones US Promo 7" Singles" says that the Fool To Cry US Promo 7" single (RS-19304) has the "Promo Edit Version" on both sides. But isn't the B-Side the "Promo Edit Version - Mono"?

Thanx in advance!

René

Re: Rock And A Hard Place - Rock Mix Edit Version ???
Date: February 6, 2006 17:46

Anyone?

Date: February 7, 2006 11:55

Nobody?

Date: February 7, 2006 12:36

mmm... only version of Terrifying maxi cd I got, has a mix of Terrifying as track 2. And I got a vinyl version, but this one has the wonderful "Wish I'd never met you" on track 2. So I'm afraid I can't help you!

As for Fool to Cry: I wonder, do you know something about interesting mono recordings? I know that e.g. The Beatles first intended Sgt Pepper to be mono, and that there is a very small amount of copies pressed in mono, which sounds much different and actually, better, more intense. Do the Stones have this kind of mono edits?

Date: February 8, 2006 15:22

Aftermath, Between The Buttons, Their Satanic Majesties Request, Beggars Banquet & Let It Bleed were all released in stereo and mono mixes. There are some differences in the mix, but not huge. All mono version after Let It Bleed are just mono versions of the stereo versions, no different mix.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1834
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home