Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Question for Rumple21
Posted by: René ()
Date: February 3, 2006 11:49

Hi,

In the Buy/Sell/Trade section you posted this on January 2, 2006:

Exile On Main St 1 - without inserts - great copy!
[s57.yousendit.com]

Is this version taken from a bootleg? If so, which one?

I know this version is released on many bootlegs, but I'm looking for the exact version of Exile On Main Street Blues that Rumple21 posted, cause I have never heard a better sounding version than this one before, and I like to have the original bootleg, instead of the MP3.

Thanx in advance!

Kind regards, René

Re: Question for Rumple21
Posted by: rumple21 ()
Date: February 3, 2006 15:21

Rene - This was downloaded from Ulf's site on the 22nd Feb 2005 - according to info on the file.

Here is a copy of Ulf's notes to accompany the tracks he posted:-

CLAUDINE(ACCIDENTS WILL HAPPEN)/2 CD/VGP-370/Outtakes from 66-79/E

Again VGP is presenting a vinyl classic in best CD quality.All tracks from this very nice release are taken from tape sources.
ADVICE:Use headphones and you should love it.For every collector this one is A MUST as the previous Claudine CD albums have been taken from vinyl as for example Accidents will happen(Claudine)/Sunbird-Dragoman(where a couple of the outtake songs differ)

The sound quality,the mix and performance is all thru excellent.

This means that maybe many files repeat itself but the reason is the better quality and then thanks toJean-Marie for the best Exile on Main Street Blues ever!

- I've never come across this new version of 'Accidents Will Happen' but it certainly would be worth seeking out.

Posted by: René ()
Date: February 3, 2006 15:41

Thank you very much Rumple21!

René

Posted by: rumple21 ()
Date: February 3, 2006 16:34

Just another note on that Rene -

All of the files posted by Ulf were wmas' taken from the 'Accidents Will Happen boot - except for the Exile track which was an mp3 - From his explanation it would seem he aquired Exile OMSB from a different source - from Jean Marie(?)

Here is a link to a bootleg data source - the entry for AWH VGP-370 says it's not on the release.

[www.liederbluete.de]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1954
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home