Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
last tour ever?
Posted by: hi1 ()
Date: January 16, 2006 09:37

Do you think this will be the last RS tour ever after the ABB? They are getting quite old...

Re: last tour ever?
Posted by: maxx ()
Date: January 16, 2006 09:43

People been saying, "This will be the last time " since 19?? and they still keep coming back.

If they plan a last tour I am sure they will advertise the fact well in advance.
Scary to think what the ticket prices will be.

Posted by: turd ()
Date: January 16, 2006 11:23

Nah - they need the money, they're all close to being 'stoney broke'.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 16, 2006 12:23

hi1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you think this will be the last RS tour ever
> after the ABB? They are getting quite old...

yes

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: January 16, 2006 12:30

yes I do think this is the last time.
The glowing reviews I have been reading about Boston were also tinged with a ceratin melancholia because this could be the Stones' goodbye to Boston. So it was fitting that it rocked. I wonder what NYC will be like.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: January 16, 2006 14:23

No. Not the last tour.
One or two more before this formula is dropped.
Then maybe minor tours at festivals etc
sittin omn sttols playin the blues. My 50c.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: January 16, 2006 14:35

Yes, I think this is the last tour in the format the Stones have used since 1989. Maybe just one smaller tour with half or even less of concert dates. Even The Stones must come to see that they reached the limit by now. Another stadium tour with these ticket prices soon after 2006, would that be a commercial succes? They can't afford to wait much longer, due to health issues of the band members, so wait untill 2008 or maybe even later? I don't know. I think this it as far as big world tours are concerned.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: January 16, 2006 14:43

I think it is just...weird that many folks insist that the Stones will be touring stadium when this tour is over. To talk about the next toru and album like it is a certainty. I would agree on every other level except for the time factor. You can't f*ck with time. The tour will end in 06.
The soonest another big tour would start would be in 08. That makes Jagger 65. A 65 year old man is not going to travel the world over and run around in stadium singing. Not even Jagger and he is a super as Keith.
Now samll shows we all would love to see. No better way to wrap up the great career.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: January 16, 2006 16:47

NOT A CHANCE!

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: January 16, 2006 16:59

If Mick,Keith and Charlie are healthy enough then I think they will do another tour, probably scaled down. I did not forget Ronnie, I just think that if he could/would not tour again that would not necessarily mean they would not do it unlike if any of the other three could/would not. I think the ABB recording session prove Ronnie does not have equal status as the others.

Posted by: tattoome ()
Date: January 16, 2006 17:04

next tour coming soon 8/9 and for sure 12/13

muddy waters his last concert, he was 77, with 77 he die.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 16, 2006 17:04

No.

Bjornulf

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 16, 2006 17:23

They won't stop touring it's a addiction, no they don't need the money maybe try to break some records also.

Nico

Posted by: john r ()
Date: January 16, 2006 18:33

Chelseadrugstore I agree with you, & thought No Security was the long-expected 'scaling back' - but you and I have heard your words through the decades: "Mick Jagger doing this at 40? No Way..." "Pushing 50...Steel Wheelchairs..." in '89, etc. This is a far more confident & limber band - seemingly having more fun - than the '89 tour, but you're right, they've fought time & mortality with every step, but in the end they know they're mortal. I don't think they want to be on the road - however luxurious the trappings - for a year anymore, & if as I hope they make another record (& kick off that multi-volume bootleg series) I'd expect a NS type tour, 2-3 months max, or even just strategic dates in big media cities. And the Stones for me mean ALL four who've been together now since '75 - Ron's addictions, erratic performances (less on this tour imo than '97 or Licks EU) notwithstanding, he was seemingly sober & focused & in good humor on all the dates I've seen them on this trek - which might be why he's back up in the mix - ...Ron brings at the very least vestiges of the heart, & warmth, that the Faces embodied. Of course it's all unknowable, from Charlie's health to Ron's fragile sobriety and whether Keith will ever stop being threatened by people who try to get clean(or his contempt for those who can't "handle" their addictions). But does Mick really want to attempt another "Goddess" & have it bomb? He likely, finally knows the Stones are his great legacy (and more practically the importance of 'brand name')

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: January 16, 2006 18:43

yes and no

Posted by: phd ()
Date: January 16, 2006 18:45

My immediate response would be : yes. But now, I think it will depend on how they feel after the european leg. They have been touring all their lives. They are addicted to applauses. Things change in 2/3 years, I mean how will the Rock scene looks like in 2008/2009. But if Mick says : we go, Keith and Charlie will follow right away. Of that I am pretty much certain.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 16, 2006 20:36

Actually I get the impression this time Keith and Charlie said "we tour" and Mick followed. Based on comments on both the Licks tour and this tour I don't think he really wants to tour anymore even if he does like performing.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: January 16, 2006 20:46

No way. They are going to make it to their 50th anniversary even if Mick and Keith have to get a new guitarist and a new drummer. I'd prefer that they hang it up when Charlie is no longer williing or able to tour, but that's my prediction.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: January 16, 2006 20:53

I do not think they can stop...they are addicted to this. At the shows I have seen this tour up front, Ronnie and Mick seem to be having more fun than I have seen them ever have.Keith is Keith and has said over and over he will perform until he drops ( now if he would only start composing again)

As long as the Glimmer Twins themselves are upright, we wqill see something. Last tour the less than subtle remarks by Keith made it clear that they wouldgo on without Ronnie if need be. For me , much more shocking in 2005, were the statement by Keith that , depsite denyting it over and over in the past, they would o on if need be without Charlie.

Maybe it will be areanas, maybe it will Vegas stands ala Elton, who knows.BUt I do not belive that this is our last time with the Stones.

Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: January 16, 2006 20:53

How much longer can keith's fingers last? Man, I was watching the bonus DVD from ABB where the two new songs are played with pictures of the band shown and keith's didgets are in very sorry shape.

Posted by: theboys ()
Date: January 16, 2006 20:56

Nothing a little Jack Daniels can't fix. . . .

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: January 16, 2006 21:41

What makes you think Mick ca't do this at 65 people said he could'nt do it at 45 then at 50 they said it again then they said noway at 60 and he proved them all wrong and he is almost 63 and is better then ever. Now do I think it will be the last tour ever no mabe the last big tour that lasts a year plus but I deffinatly think they will tour again after this tour who nows I might get my wish fo a 50th anniversery tour in 2012.

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: January 16, 2006 21:45

Touring is an adiction? to money? yes... They will do solo tours, specially Jagger, who is in great form. Keith probably will be able to play open g only...

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: January 16, 2006 21:45

Mick could probably go on for another 10 years at a similar pace. Bu lets face it Keef looks like he's 90. It's a miricle hes still alive.

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: January 16, 2006 21:52

Sorry a solo tour by any of them will not be popular at all. I think they have finally realized they are all better as one. I mean mabe a few dates here and there in Europe would work at small clubs but there is no way any of them can do a big solo tour and generate interest or money like they do as a band.

Re: tours
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 16, 2006 21:57

let's face it: they all look splendid; and let's face it: i know 30-year-olds who can't move the way Keith does.
(oops - does "let's face it" sound as if i think my opinion is some kind of be-all-and-end-all? sorry, i'll try to tone that down a little!)
the Rolling Stones are sounding most well if i may say so - may they swing on to their beautiful hearts' content.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 16, 2006 22:57

Not sure Mick would like playing half empty theatres though it may not matter as much to Keith

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: January 16, 2006 22:58

They will never ever play for half empty theatres.
It wont be necessary.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: January 16, 2006 23:02

ok---its their last tour

i am sure

-----like I was in Anaheim 78

Posted by: s-asla ()
Date: January 16, 2006 23:04

They will go on playing towns and cities they haven't played before. I bet the next tour starts in the fall 08.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1695
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home