Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

If you had any doubt that Stones fans are a bunch of CPA's & Lawyers... here's Proof
Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: December 28, 2005 20:36

Ah-Hah!!

We have been treated to post after post criticizing first Ron Wood then Chuck Leavell then the Sound Engineers for why some people think the Stones concerts don't "rock" like they once did....

THEN, in the thread below we found a more probable explanation for someone who's been there, Anthony Kiedis of the RH Chili Peppers who observed even ten years ago that "...the fact is, the Rolling Stones audience today is lawyers and doctors and CPAs and contractors and real estate development people... a conservative wealthy group where no one's rocking out... and the costs are astronomical..."

[iorr.org]

Well some people just disagree with this and continue to blame Ronnie or Chuck, but NOW we have the proof... In the thread below we have no less than a "statistical analysis of the weighted average ticket price of Rolling Stones concerts..." lolololololol

[iorr.org]

Final proof that the RStones audience is "...CPAs and real estate developers...a conservative wealthy group..."

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Re: If you had any doubt that Stones fans are a bunch of CPA's & Lawyers... here's Proof
Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: December 28, 2005 22:17

so?

as a CPA I don't find it that disturbing.

But then again I only hold the license...I don't practice anymore.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-28 22:18 by rattler2004.

Re: If you had any doubt that Stones fans are a bunch of CPA's & Lawyers... here's Proof
Posted by: todd40fla ()
Date: December 28, 2005 22:20

i object!!!!

and.....if you continue to make these ludicrous insinuations i will sue you in civil court for defemation of character!!!!

sheesh!!! lawyers...cpa's...and real estate developers!!! how ridiculous!

Posted by: gut ()
Date: December 28, 2005 22:25

There is nothing wrong with fans being a CPA or conservative or wealthy. Anyone who would think that way are ignorant bigots.

My beef is that their concerts over-price those who are in lower-income brackets....myself included....or anyone who wants to go to a concert but are limited by other non-ending expenses such as mortgages, gasoline, groceries, insurances....children...etc.

Life in general is expensive enough but the Stones have out-price alot of hard-working decent every-day people. We have to settle for cds and dvds to enjoy their music.

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Date: December 28, 2005 22:30

gut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is nothing wrong with fans being a CPA or
> conservative or wealthy. Anyone who would think
> that way are ignorant bigots.

Of course there's nothing wrong with CPAs or wealth... it's just that these professions aren't known for hard-rocking... more for pot-bellies and clipping bond coupons.

Posted by: iFox ()
Date: December 28, 2005 22:30

So you think lawyers don't rock and all lawyers are conservatives?

Date: December 28, 2005 22:32

iFox Wrote:
> So you think lawyers don't rock and all lawyers
> are conservatives?

They don't rock ANYTHING like a typical stones gig back in the 70's rocked... they can't touch a typical Motley Crue gig today... they can't touch the rockin' energy of a Chili Peppers gig today, it's concerts like that that have the energy the Stones had back in the 70's, not just due to the band, but also due to the audience, you're not going to find a bunch of real estate developers at a typical RHCP gig.

Stones fans have grown up, have grandkids...

In their HEART they're rockers, absolutely... like weekend warrior bikers at Sturgis or Daytona... real estate developers by day, bikers by the weekend...

It's just that the Ronnie Haters and the Chuck Haters on the board keep looking for a reason why the concerts aren't rocking them like they once did...

And Anthony Kiedis hit it right on the nail... it's not Ronnie OR Chuck OR the Sound Mix... it's the pot-bellied audience.

Remember the fans observing the MSG shows a couple months back... many reports of people SITTING DOWN in great floor seats... even sitting while the band moved to the b-stage... if that's not non-rocking, nothing is. You could have had Mick Taylor and your choice of piano player there, and had that sound tuned anyway you wanted it, NOTHING was gonna get that "celebrity gaggle" out of their seats.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-28 22:36 by BornOnTheBayou.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: December 28, 2005 22:40

bayou wrote:

>The whole experience is horrible. First you get there, and they won't let you do a sound check. Then they give you an eightieth of the stage. They set aside this tiny area and say, "This is for you. You don't get the lights, and you're not allowed to use our sound system. And oh, by the way, you see that wooden floor? That's Mick's imported antique wood flooring from the Brazilian jungle, and that's what he dances on. If you so much as look at it, you won't get paid

i've seen opening bands for the stones use the stage. maybe it's just the chilipeppers with the problem.

Date: December 28, 2005 22:40

There's nothing wrong with growing up....the alternative is to join Brian Jones where ever he's at.

And Thank God, Stones concerts are not like Motley Crues or the Chilli Peppers....who in their right mind would want them to be?

Posted by: iFox ()
Date: December 28, 2005 22:46

BornOnTheBayou, thanks for informing me I'm a poor Stones fan after all I'm a lawyer. I remember my university professor was also a great fan of Stones but you'll say it's not true. At least all I know is I'm not any conservative.

Posted by: Jed Clever ()
Date: December 28, 2005 22:49

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-15 03:35 by Jed Clever.

Date: December 28, 2005 22:52

I don't buy this ridiculous point of view where as if you don't party til where you throw up a lung or liver, then you're not cool.

Shit, some of us just enjoy actually listening to the music, without making complete and utter fools of ourselves. Its immature to think otherwise.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: December 28, 2005 23:04

it's all in yer spirit.....don't matter what yer job/income is.....some of the richest people in the world are crazier & wilder than a rubber-room'n'boarder

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: December 28, 2005 23:10

Alright, I'm a lawyer. Does it mean I'm genetically non-compatible with being a Stones fan? It was fine to be a stones' fan when I was a student (until last May) but now I'm boring and conservative?

That must have been the most ridiculous and cliche post of the site.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 28, 2005 23:16

WE ARE!!!! stones fans like the rolling stones are the greatest in the world..
like the stones, we are smarter, richer and done more than anyone in the history of the free world......like jagger, richards, watts we keep rocking...
and i'm proud to say that because of the stones i have done much better in life than i could have ever dream...same with all stones fans! so remember it may not have happened for you yet..but if you keep trying it will! so try a little harder...or, anything in life that's free you can give it to the birds and bee's i want money..or as jagger said..
if you can't rock me somebody will! hang fire......

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 29, 2005 00:12

Most of us in our 40's have seen the Stones live numerous times (for me, every tour since 1975). I have had my ass up during every show except for the the last one this year. Boring set list, so once in awile I'll sit. If you expect me to stand during a lame version of 'Can't Be Seen',"Infamy" or "Slipping Away", you are nuts. Been there, done that. Throw me a curve ball. Shock me, show me. Make it interesting.

"It's all about the Benjamins."

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 29, 2005 00:43

being a cpa i like this discusion.

it is not such a long way between cpas world and rockworld. cpas are important to rock stars and sport stars. caus of the latter high wages and complex financial invironment: so being a cpe can be an exiting job. you may meet stars, you are invited to concerts, sportvents get cackstage passes etc.!!!!!!
therefore cpas get to know rockworld and love it. as everyone would do.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: December 29, 2005 01:23

BornOnTheBayou Wrote:

>
> And Anthony Kiedis hit it right on the nail...
> it's not Ronnie OR Chuck OR the Sound Mix... it's
> the pot-bellied audience.
>
>

Well I for one, have a 32 inch waste that compliments my six-pack. Not bad for a 40 year old.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 29, 2005 02:02

Tons of pot bellied 20-35 year olds also.It's nice to be lean in ones 40's.

Anthony Keidas blows. His IQ and hat size are the same. Goodnight Tony, go get yourself another friggin' tattoo.

"I'll see you on the dark side if the moon"

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: December 29, 2005 02:53

OB Mick at New Jersey(?) 81 before Shattered: The next song is for all the money grabbers. Time waits for no one!

Date: December 29, 2005 05:09

======some of the richest people in the world are crazier & wilder than a rubber-room'n'boarder++++

Case in point - Ross Perot....he deserves to be institutionalized.

Posted by: rocks off ()
Date: December 29, 2005 09:00

That's how it SHOULD be. You are OPENING for the ROLLING STONES. It's their house and their rules, baby.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: December 29, 2005 13:23

I am a CPA and a great profession and choose not to get sucked into the rolling stones money machine and watch Ladies and Gentleman everytime the stones come in to the DC area.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 29, 2005 16:31

I'm poor but still rockin'!

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: December 29, 2005 17:57

Liars!!! All I saw at the Stones concert were fat and sweaty guys that smelled of pizza sauce and cheese! Those are the real fans!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 29, 2005 18:33

i like that, Jed clever. i am an cpa and that is exactly how i weel i want to have my life, and Ia m working on it, I am a very useful guitarplayer and have been striving to get to this point, ie have a good solid job, finshed raising your children and then playing seriously much rock & roll.

best
Dýri

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2007
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home