Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

dancing like mick in front of your mirror?
Posted by: monkey_man ()
Date: December 27, 2005 10:40

to what extend is your personality effected by the rolling stones? are you coping parts of their lifestyle,eg drucks, booze way of speeking.......

Re: dancing like mick in front of your mirror?
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: December 27, 2005 10:42

Best thread in years...

I figure I´m a little like Keith while playing
reggae on highest volume from my non-cool car...

Can never be a boozer no more cause I fall asleep all the time
( a little Keefish too aint it?)

Posted by: barcelona ()
Date: December 27, 2005 12:39

I wish I had their money to keep Jagger's lifestyle.
It has to be a laugh to attend to those Elton John's parties.

Posted by: KYRIAKOS ()
Date: December 27, 2005 13:18

Always boosted an optimistic-good times point of view when I'm in need of it. Just a couple of songs will do the job. Tumbling dice is one of them.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: December 27, 2005 16:43

i used to dance in my living room listening to still life back in 1982
that was when i first heard them and got hooked
i was trying to mime his moves in going to a go go videoclip...
you should have seen my mom's look at....

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: December 27, 2005 17:05

When I was a kid I did the same thing as maumau (got hooked around the same time too)... ok, sometimes I still do! Also sometimes I sing an occasional Stones song with the group I currently play with, but it is behind a drumkit so no Mick moves are possible. Probably a good thing. I've never really had the opportunity to sing a Stones song in FRONT of a band with a decent drummer. Still hoping for that opportunity.

I quote Keith all the time, sometimes Charlie. I hope to be rockin' as long as those guys.

Re: influence
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 27, 2005 17:24

i don't know quite how to describe this, but i successfully intimidated a snotty-ass telephone company creep just by asking myself "hm, what would Keith do". :E

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: December 27, 2005 17:38

tried it once.......the mirror cracked!

Date: December 27, 2005 23:24

thougt that more people would admit that they are really influenced. cause most of us are 90% of the day surrounded by the stones. we're watching their concert films so many times.....and not to forget their latest bootlegs!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 28, 2005 00:49

i'm quite certain we all do a very decent Keith Air Guitar when the mood strikes us.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 28, 2005 01:37

I play air drums like Charlie when I am driving grinning smiley

Posted by: rainhog ()
Date: December 28, 2005 02:06

funny that this is posted.... couple of weeks ago a band played and I graduated w/ some of them. They knew I was at the party so they introduced me and asked me to sing START ME UP. So I did. While singing I gave the party my best Mick moves. To my surprise, they asked for an encore plus I was given some really nice compliments......GREAT PARTY!!

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: December 28, 2005 04:58

Right on rainhog! You go man! I do the air guitar thing like Ronnie! You should hear all my bum notes! grinning smiley

Posted by: deuce ()
Date: December 28, 2005 05:23

Ron Wood for president.

Anywho, all of the Stones are a part of me. I can play like Keith and Taylor...and the great Ron Wood as well. I can dance and sing like Mick. I can stand in place like Bill and, well that's it. I havn't got the Watts groove.

I'm serious about everything guys.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: December 28, 2005 05:41

My God, I was imitating Mick in the privacy of my bedroom since I was 10! I had a floor lamp that with a coil toward the top so that, when the was shade taken off, it looked like a microphone with a stand. (the unlit lightbulb was the microphone) I would play Get Your Ya-Ya's Out over and over and over until they were on Don Kirschner's rcok Concert after which I started incorporating the Silver Train moves!

I started imitating Keith years later, probably in earnest after the first Whinos tour. It started with a tennis racket as a guitar but eventually I bought a real guitar and learned how to play using his moves from the very beginning. My freinds tell me I have it down!!!

Now when I go to shows I morph from mick to Keith to Mick to Keith, etc. And I do it at home to, much to the amusement of various girlfriends.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 28, 2005 05:52

when I get together with buddies for a stones/poker/boozing weekend (not so often anymore) - we always ensure there are enuff rakes/brooms/rackets around for everyone

Date: December 28, 2005 10:34

remember j.depp in pirates of carribean? he's a fan too! and a very good actor

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: December 28, 2005 15:04

I was only an eight year-old at the time when my older sister brought me back a pair of maracas from a holiday in Spain.

The only thing I ever found to actually do with them was to imitate Mick Jagger singing Not Fade Away, and, like some kind of freak circus, was called upon to strut my stuff at family parties for years to come.

Thankfully by the age of eleven, I'd grown out if it.

Posted by: yeager ()
Date: December 28, 2005 17:39

yeah sure, since I discovered that he was dancing; because the first films i sa from the stones were black & white filmed shows without any moving or dancing by mick. But their music touched me when I was eleven years or so.
today my son Louis ( 5 years old) and me are dancing occasionylly to stones music.
He loves "laugh, i almost died" from ABB, - but other ones too.
Yeah, micks Moves are inspiring for all dancers, 'cause he himself I guess is inspired by other dancers.
In fact dancing is the expression of beeing alive with joy, I guess.

Posted by: gut ()
Date: December 28, 2005 17:44

I've done it all.....From prancing around imitating Jagger's Rooster routine to indulging in Keith's penchant for Rebel Yell. Ah, But thats all stories of past youth now...

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Posted by: eric ()
Date: December 28, 2005 18:04

This is funny. I own a restaurant outside of Philly. Every 1st Friday of the month we have live music by Bob Croce ( Jim Croce's cousin ), Bob is a mellow James Taylor, Dave Mason, Van Morrison, and Neil Young type of artist. He is VERY good and we get packed. Now, as for the intermissions.. he knows its all STONES.... and I ( after a couple of belts in me ... SCOTCH ) put on my Uncle same hat and my gimmie shelter sleeveless shirt ( mick on the front with the uncle same hat on ) and my black pants... and YES I TRY to be mick for a little. Its a hoot.... I always start with Street fighting man and place goes nuts. I am not very good but it's a way for me to pretend and have fun.. PLUS the customers now ask for it and me and Bob Croce do a really good Sweet Virgina and Wild horses and No expectations to end HIS show..... anyway... YES I DO TRY AND DANCE LIKE MICK AND I LOVE EVERY EMBARRASING MOMENT!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 28, 2005 18:56

i think, in a sort of uncouncious way you start to imitate (correct ?) the ones you follow, see and listen to, as most of us do to the stones. It is just this question of learning from your environment i guess.
I play my mean guitar in a band as i feel is right, but when i speak English (my native tong is icelandic) my family tells my my accent is like Micks, very British(upper working class or something ?) "you knouuuu"

(and then of course i dance like mick,and am very thin and have big libs! )

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: December 28, 2005 19:47

Brown Sugar's the classic song to dance like Mick in front of the mirror to.

Posted by: Some Girl ()
Date: December 28, 2005 21:25

Imitating Mick's dancing is an extremely fun thing to do, not necessarily in front of the mirror though.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 28, 2005 21:29

A good buddy of mine won a contest and tickets to the Phoenix '81 show as best Mick imitator. The song was Brown Sugar - he's done it for my buddies and I a few times over the years - very impressive.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1929
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home