Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: have you met any of the stones?
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 27, 2005 19:27

Have met all in the current touring band except Mick.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 27, 2005 20:32

T&A- which retaurant in Seattle?

Posted by: veronus ()
Date: December 27, 2005 20:59

I met jagger ones,during his solo work for the primitive cool album, had a chat for about 7 minutes about the numbers and jeff beck. and he gave me a autograph on the bootleg "" on top off old smokey" on vinyl. had a great smile when he saw the great picture off keith inside, very nice and relaxt person and he did send his driver/bodyguard away to have a chat with me[ wait in the car for me]
This was in december, 86 in Bussum, close to the wisseloord studios.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 27, 2005 21:07

Midnight Toker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> T&A- which retaurant in Seattle?

don't recall if he mentioned it....

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: December 27, 2005 21:08

I have met Mick Taylor. He seemed quite shy but friendly. I asked him about some of the Stones songs he had played on.

Posted by: thor ()
Date: December 27, 2005 22:14

My wife and I were guests of ETrade during their sponsoring of the US Licks tour and we got to meet all of the Stones before their Houston show. Keith and Ronnie were quite friendly...came right over to shake hands, chat....Charlie was quiet and seemed shy and Mick walked in last in a fur coat and seemed much more distant but was friendly i guess. We had a couple of pics taken of us with them...a fun souvenir. Amazing thing was that they all seemed so TINY! None could weigh more than 140 lbs, i bet.

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: December 27, 2005 22:18

Met Charlie in Copenhagen Airport before the show - summer 1990

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 27, 2005 22:46

Charlie and Mick Taylor

Of the current touring band - Darryl, Bobby, Bernard and Chuck

All of them were very nice. I have autographs and photos with all six of them, with the exception of Charlie, because I blew it - however he sent me a signed photo a few months later

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: December 27, 2005 23:29

In 1969 or 1970, I was working in a used clothing store in Isla Vista, California, a small beach city next to Santa Barbara. It was summertime and most the students from nearby UC Santa Barbara had gone home.

I'm standing there half asleep behind the counter when in walks Mick Jagger. I recognized him right away and was surprised by how short he was. He very seriously studied clothes in the store for about 15 minutes and finally purchased a T-shirt with the words "Palace Laundry" on it.

I have since seen photographs of him in that T-shirt.

I was a fan back then and I'm a fan now. I didn't speak to him except to tell him the cost of the shirt. I didn't want to bother him. It looked like he was enjoying the warm summer day. He was completely relaxed and I didn't want to impinge on his mood.

Posted by: JK ()
Date: December 27, 2005 23:35

Niklas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Chuck L. I met at The Hard Rock Cafe in Atlanta on
> the Voodoo Lounge tour. nice guy.

I was there too! Small world.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: December 28, 2005 00:04

Well, I talked (snuck) by the bouncer and sat at the next table from Mick at a club in Munich in 2003. I was pretty drunk but sober enough not to hassle him, so I just sat there for a while and soaked it in. I went behind the Barbican in York and got Bill's autograph after the RK's show. Not much, but it's all I've got!

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: December 28, 2005 15:18

Met all of them. You can knock Chuck but he waited for about 5 minutes while Gazza ran off for a pen in Amsterdam 1995.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 28, 2005 15:30

LOL....he did too!

Even more impressive because he had people with him who I assumed were his family and they were obliged to wait on me as well!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-28 15:31 by Gazza.

Posted by: jacremi ()
Date: December 28, 2005 16:09

I work on the licks tour in mars eille, France, as a roadie, so proud to work for the stones, it was real hot, hard job, but everybody on tour was really nice, everything high pro, amazing to see the whole machinery getting high, the Rock’n’ Roll Circus ! The rolling stones get there in the afternoon with all theirs family, a caravan, funny to see them “in real life”, Keith so powerful! they all seems very nice people, natural, simple. great experience & the show was fantastic !

Few days later I met Ron Wood in Paris on his way to the stade de france, just before the show, In a van with his wife, window open,they were very cool, I give him a tape of my band, he was very nice.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: December 28, 2005 17:16

Pretty good statistics on ex-Stones since I met
the following three during the last thirteen months -
Andrew Nov 2004, Bill Oct 17 2005 and Taylor Dec 8 2005
(the only one I actually talked to was Bill though).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-28 17:16 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: lively ()
Date: December 29, 2005 23:52

WOW THAT IS SO COOL... GOOD FOR YOU TO HAVE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE CARE OF THE STONES IN YOUR ITALIAN DINING ESTABLISHMENT... I WOULD LOVE TO COME IN AND EAT THERE NEXT TIME I AM IN TOWN WILL YOU PLEASE TELL ME THE NAME SO I CAN EAT WITH YOU?? THANKS MARY

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: December 30, 2005 00:09

In 1994 I saw them rushing away in the limousine at Giants Stadium.
Wow, I have seen them offstage! I always thought I couldn´t get
closer than that.

Meanwhile I met Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor once and Ronnie twice
(incl. photo). I got autographs of all Stones (except for Brian;-).
Jagger signed a cardboard on the catwalk on the way back to the
main stage in Hamburg 2003. The same with Charlie 98 in Prag,
Keith in Amsterdam 98. Keith gave me his plec at the b-stage in Bremen 98.

I just had to tell the world;-)

Posted by: Some Girl ()
Date: December 30, 2005 00:39

Well, I've never spoken to anyone in the Stones traveling circus but since people are mentioning non-meeting experiences, and experiences of just hovering around a Stones general area, then the closest I've gotten to something like that was during the SOL video shoot in Ottawa. That was fun-- on many levels. And I made friends with a Stones fanatic later on while going back home from the set.

After learning on the Shidoobee website that they were filming in Zaphod, I decided to make my way down to the market, because I was at the Ottawa University campus, and its only about a 5 minute trip down.

When I got there, there were a bunch of trailers (with the Stones already in them, as I learned from the news coverage the next day) and a significant crowd, but since it was hard to see anything from the street, I went up to the top floor of a parking garage across from Zaphod, gathering that I would see better there (I was right). On my way, I encountered a bunch of seemingly drunk girls carrying a bucket of apples and saying something about collecting apples for Stones (still have no idea what that was all about...)
I also encountered a guy and a girl who approached me and the guy asked excitedly, "What is all this about!!? Are there thelebrities here?!?!" I'm like, "the Stones are filming a music video" and he and the girl are like "Oh" and turned around and left, lol.

When I got to the top level of the garage, there were already several people there, including one guy with a huge-ass camera, who was (without being asked) saying stuff like "Some girl below asked me to take a picture of the band members for her, which is the only reason I'm here!", and "I am not a paparazzi, I take pictures for the love of photography!", and "I, of course, have no interest in the band otherwise", and "See these people across the street? Now, THEY are paparazzi!"

Anyway, he pretended to have inside info on everything that had to do with the shoot (and I still haven't decided whether that picture of Mick that showed up in the Ottawa Sun the next day was *exactly* from his angle or not... hm).

There was a girl in pink standing next to me who said she didn't know much about Stones music, but that she "really really wanted to see them in person". The photographer guy then started telling us how, if he were so inclined, he would tell us about how "these things really work" and how we shouldn't hope to catch a glimpse of the band. He started saying how he would bet anything that the Stones will enter Zaphod from the back entrance (all the while, they were already in the trailers by the FRONT entrance), and how they will avoid being seen, so that in fact, mere mortals will never get a glimpse of them (all the while, he is waiting by the FRONT side with a camera...)

When the girl in pink heard that, she seemed terribly disappointed, and was saying stuff like, "Well, then there is no need for us to stand here..." and she just left. About a MINUTE after she left, the Stones all exited the trailers and went into Zaphod, lol.
I turned to look at the photographer ass, but he was playing dumb.

So, there was much hooting and hollering from the spectators when the Stones came out, but they pretty much just entered the club and not much else.
Then about 5-10 minutes later, Mick came out again to wave, at which point the photographer started taking pics like crazy. Mick went back into the trailer and then went back into Zaphod again.

After that, I assumed they would be inside for a while, and having already seen them all, I decided to go home. On my way home, I made friends with another Stones fanatic like myself, so it was good timing.

On the news coverage, they showed I didn't miss too much after that, but I did miss them going INTO the trailers upon arrival.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-30 00:42 by Some Girl.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1523
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home