Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Greensboro,n.c.July26the,1978,wild, wild,show!!!!
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: December 20, 2005 22:48

North ,NC,Stones in tha south,with ''Stu''and Mac,This tape I have since 84,well for me it might be the best I ever heard!!!!Anybody ,been there???How was this town back then?This was real Jac D ,down south j,L,Lewis kind of wild real wild show. Im still in shock all over this show,its so,red hot!!!Tell you someabout it!!!IT doesnt have''Let it rock'' it s'tarts with''all down the line''They is playin so dirty you just cant believe!!!The whole show is one big high light for me !!!!allthough the sound quality is not exelent!one can hear the guitars and piano way up front1!!!LIKE A j l,lEWIS 62 SHOW IN hamburg!(right!}its hot all the way,man.The version of ''love in vain is the best I ever heard!shattered is the wildest one!!The war horses sounds like new punk songs!!!The Some girls songs are heart felt,Tumblin dice is just so unbelieveable ''hot''.Everyone should listen to this show!!!so glad to still have this tape!!!Hope some of you can tall me more bout this show,walllllll thank you.

Re: Greensboro,n.c.July26the,1978,wild, wild,show!!!!
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 20, 2005 22:50

! !! ! !!!!!! !

! !!!!

!!!

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: December 20, 2005 22:58

I know what you're talking about!

I have this show on the bootleg: Southern Quotations (Smilin'Ears Records) and I love it! Especially the 2nd album. Wich sounds a little bit better than the first one.
Great version of Shattered indeed. You can hear the crowd go wild before Far Away Eyes. Happy is great, Sweet Little Sixteen! Great show, great vibe!

Jagger: "it's great to back in the south, it's great to be back in North Carolina, I'll tell you!"

PS.It's June 26. by the way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-20 22:59 by Mack Jigger.

Date: December 20, 2005 23:09

Well,Mac Ifeel good bout this,at least one witness!!!Its such a crazy show,im gonna put it on, man,once I saw theboot, the price,was so high,man!300e keep this one''Mac""its real rare.Itell you.Would love to have a cd version of it ,but my cd burner is destroyed. My 'Ramones, friends used to go wild overnthis more than ''punk version of J J F !!!Its no joke, this is one of the best ,Anyone was there???

Date: December 20, 2005 23:17

yes I went to this show! it was great, a stripped-down stage, kind of no frills.
heard a lot of Some Girls songs, and loved it. I was with some girl and she was telling me 'better come back next week cause you see I'm on the losing streak'!
seriously, I was trying to enjoy the show, but was kind of distracted by the girl.
I was only 23 then...
I'm trying to remember who opened the show, was it Etta James?
DR

Date: December 20, 2005 23:21

Lots of people ,think Dallas is thebest (that famous filmed, show).To me Dallas aint a shadow ,compared to Greensboro.

Date: December 20, 2005 23:48

I love the sound of the 78 tour. Lexington, Dallas, Detroit, Passaic, Greensboro. Just 100% pure dirty Rock and Roll! And the boys looked great too!

Date: December 21, 2005 00:31

Dillard clean yo memory,what kind of day?what ya thought of this''Town''go ahead!!!My is brain is splattered all over!!!!Remember you could have went toFleet Wood ma with that girl,right You know its different,so its nice to hear. What happened to ya ,during the show ,?was you hooked forever?That show down there in dixie land with this ''punk attitude''by the stones!please send us memories.

Date: December 21, 2005 01:09

Love in vain!!!!!!!!Hear this version, its the best I ever heard.This is soulllllll!!

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: December 21, 2005 02:39

i was @ 2 shows in 78 , philly which they stunk up the joint & buffalo were they were on fire esp. jagger he had a meanness in him that show , i mean he went bezerk , heres some pics i took
i only scanned this 1 so it came out small
philly 6- 17 -78 i think or was it the 19

buffalo 7-4-78 playin all down the line,ill put up a bunch more 78 pics probly next year

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: December 21, 2005 03:23

I was at the Greensboro '78 show.
I didn't know a bootleg existed of this show.

I think Peter Tosh may have opened the show, though i've never seen a Stones opening act and didn't see that one.

When the Whip Comes Down from Suckin in the 70's was recorded in Memphis two nights after Greensboro. I also remember they were in Myrtle Beach a few days before the Greensboro gig.
I was 18 and the Stones were still really kicking it hard that Tour.

Anybody know where i can get this boot?

Date: December 21, 2005 04:10

Chippy those pics are beautifull.

Posted by: nanker25 ()
Date: December 21, 2005 10:57

Greensboro show must have been in June, as previous writer said. On July 26, 1978, Mick's 35th birthday, band played Oakland Coliseum. They showed up 2 and a half hours after Santana finished, but that was quickly forgotten because of the great show. Mick was a dancing fool.

Posted by: sidonia ()
Date: December 21, 2005 12:53

Love the 78 tour too!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-21 12:54 by sidonia.

Date: December 21, 2005 12:56

First of all Chippy thanks for the pix! Please post some more.

Nellcote: I only have the double LP "Southern Quotations".
There is a 2CD set with the same title. But what I've heard the sound quality is less than on the lp. Don't know if any one can confirm that?

Nanker25: I have the Oakland show on cd and it's a great show indeed. Although I think they've completely lost it during Satisfaction! Too much energy!

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: December 21, 2005 13:01

Carefull with that one.

Make a cd-copy out of it at your local studio.

Date: December 21, 2005 13:55

The crowd is wild,to it seems like the whole bunch is stoned/drunk,fantastic,those were the days,glad to know(thanks)a cd boot exist also I am on the look out for it.

Date: December 21, 2005 18:45

nellcote'71 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Anybody know where i can get this boot?

The show is on auction on Ebay at the moment.
Please check: ROLLING STONES Southern Quotations 2LP RED & BLUE WAX Objectnumber: 4809276968

It's the same double LP I have. Only mine has the adress of the store I bought it years ago written on the back. Wich is a pitty but also nice on the other hand because of the personal memory.

Incase you're interested, good luck!

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: December 21, 2005 18:50

Please post more photo's, please :-)

Oily.

Date: December 21, 2005 23:59

Are there more pics!! The ones I saw,was real nice.OhFa

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home