Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sharon Osbourne is a moron
Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: December 14, 2005 20:43

I read an article yesterday in which Sharon Osbourne said that one of her top three "nightmare" dinner guests was Mick Jagger. Anyone know if there is some bad blood between these two ? She doesn't like him, but the article made it seem like Mick doesn't even know her. She's an idiot anyway and I'm sure Mick could care less.

Re: Sharon Osbourne is a moron
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 14, 2005 20:55

She married Ozzy and produced Jack and Kelly! Damn right she's a moron. Who wouldn't be after that?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 14, 2005 21:04

She gets publicity by creating bad blood between herself and others. I remember when I used to love Ozzy, before I saw what was behind the curtain.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: December 14, 2005 21:06

She´s a genius in that way, regarding was Dan just posted.
She will live off those reactions...
This thread may soon be competing with the other important one,
about hair implants. I think it will.

Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: December 14, 2005 21:10

I detect some sarcasm there.
Just a hint.
Just voicing an opinion, Baboon Bro.

Date: December 14, 2005 21:18

Hehe.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: December 14, 2005 21:22

i actually find her a breath of fresh air

for someone that lives in faketown USA, shes surprisingly blunt and honest

if she doesn't like someone she says it. can't argue with that

i doubt Mick will lose sleep over it, and i doubt Sharon gives a @#$%& if he does or not either

the whole Iron Maiden thing on the Ozzfest tour just made me like her even more yawning smiley)

Posted by: gut ()
Date: December 15, 2005 00:05

====Sharon Osbourne is a moron====

No understatement there.

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: December 15, 2005 00:24

Funny, Ozzie always talk's about being a "Beatle" fan not a "Stones" fan??
and the Stones music is alot closer to what Oz put's out than the Beatles?

MLC

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: December 15, 2005 01:51

Sharon acts like she doesn't indulge in the drugs that are no doubt all over her house but I have a feeling she's a big fan of blow and anything else she can ingest! She's just a media WHORE! " Am I on camera NOW!?"

Date: December 15, 2005 02:10

god bless her

Posted by: czr ()
Date: December 15, 2005 04:07

Could you tell us what happened with Iron Maiden on the Ozzyfest tour??

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 15, 2005 04:54

Sharon O blows as does Iron Maiden.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: December 15, 2005 08:04

Sharon Osbourne orchestrated Black Sabbath employees to pelt Iron Maiden with eggs and other assorted garbage while they performed the last date of their Ozz Fest obligation in California. They pelted garbage at Iron Maiden from the security barricade. She also had one of Sabbath's sound people play tape loop of "Ozzy Ozzy" chants through the sound system that played between songs during Iron Maiden's set. It was cleverly done and Maiden's sound guy had no clue where it was coming from and could not stop it.

Iron Maiden's lead singer, Bruce Dickenson reportly made on-stage comments throughout the tour that in Sharon's opinion were insulting to her hubby slave. Sharon does not deny that she planned the attack.

As for comments that Iron Maiden blows...just go see them once or rent a live DVD before deciding if they blow. Their music cannot hold a candle to the Rolling Stones catalog, but, they are worth seeing with an open mind. The last few times I've seen them, I was amazed how many people in their 40's and 50's were there with their teenage kids. They may seem "Spinal Tappish" to many, but these guys are real musicians and put on one of the better stage performances. The band is in their 50's and still move around like they are in their teens and rarly hit a bum note.

Yes, Sharon is a moron...but a smart moron as a business woman. Research Oz Fest and you will find that many of the bands do not get paid..in fact, the bands pay the Osbourne's for the privilge to play on the tour. It's common for a small record label to pay HUGE SUMS for their act to be on the high profile tour. For smaller bands, this is the only way they can get in front of a huge audience.

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: December 15, 2005 08:20

Who he hell cares about Sharon, Ozzy has Parkinsons, and people make fun of KR, MJ and RW

Milo, NYC
Thats what I call obscene

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 15, 2005 13:05

Burn the witch

Date: December 15, 2005 14:16

"As for comments that Iron Maiden blows...just go see them once or rent a live DVD before deciding if they blow. Their music cannot hold a candle to the Rolling Stones catalog, but, they are worth seeing with an open mind. The last few times I've seen them, I was amazed how many people in their 40's and 50's were there with their teenage kids. They may seem "Spinal Tappish" to many, but these guys are real musicians and put on one of the better stage performances. The band is in their 50's and still move around like they are in their teens and rarly hit a bum note"

having seen Maiden numerous times between the years 83 and 88 as a kid. i can quite happily say they are @#$%& shit

a true musical version of the English panto. all posturing and no substance. its music for teenage boys. but once you hit 16-17 and don't see beyond the nonsense its a bit worrying.

how they could have the nerve to slag off Ozzy/Sabbath after they gave them the chance to play in front of BIG American crowds for the first time in years is beyond me. hence Sharon being completely right in throwing shit at them. its just a shame it was eggs and not rocks!

lol

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: December 15, 2005 14:48

two guys I know said that Sharon never did more than make tea and run errands when she worked for Don Arden, she makes out she ran the place.

Ozzy has covered Sympathy on his new Cd, dare i ask what it is like?

Date: December 15, 2005 16:43

Ozzy´s SFTD was posted here a while ago, sounded pretty ok.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: December 15, 2005 17:46

having her people pelt Iron Maiden and sabotage (no pun intended) their sound..........no class

Date: December 15, 2005 17:48

= top class !

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 15, 2005 17:50

whats classy about, appearing on "X-Factor", giving largely, talentless never-gonnabee's false hope?
Or being the face of ASDA supermarkets, in their tv adverts?

Date: December 15, 2005 19:53

Top class to a true classless poster but total disrespect to the 45,000 people who bought tickets, many of whom paid just to see Iron Maiden.

I've seen Iron Maiden 10 times and always a top notch performance with amazing energy and the music played perfectly. Last 2 albums were great too.

Date: December 15, 2005 21:28

"whats classy about, appearing on "X-Factor", giving largely, talentless never-gonnabee's false hope? Or being the face of ASDA supermarkets, in their tv adverts?"

what's classy about charging 150 quid for a shit seat at a seated stadium show ?

asda's great too

as for Maiden. a tiny percentage of those at Ozzfest would have been there to see the spandex warriors. they haven't got a fanbase in the states anymore so don't try and make out the crowd were there to see them. the majority there probably enjoyed it tremendously. i wish i'd been there thats for sure

sadly it doesn't look like its made Maiden see sense and split up yawning smiley(

Date: December 15, 2005 21:34

andy js Wrote:

> as for Maiden. a tiny percentage of those at
> Ozzfest would have been there to see the spandex
> warriors. they haven't got a fanbase in the states
> anymore so don't try and make out the crowd were
> there to see them. the majority there probably
> enjoyed it tremendously. i wish i'd been there
> thats for sure

Between Aug 2003 and Jan 2004 they sold about 35-38,000 tickets in Southern California. They still have a hell of a fan base here and in New York City and a few other cities. If it was only a tiny percentage Sharon would have never agreed to give them $185,000 a night when most bands have to pay to get on the bill. I've seen the sales figures from the 2000 and 2003 tours - a few weak turnouts in some markets, some sellouts and some pretty decent crowds. Better than most metal or classic rock bands do nowadays.

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: December 15, 2005 22:25

Actually, that is a pretty good stunt but Iron Maiden don't need outside help with sabotaging their sound.

Date: December 15, 2005 22:29

LOL

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 15, 2005 22:42

I was a huge Maiden fan in the early/mid 80's. Saw them in 82 opening for Scorpions and then the next year headlining. Their sound is very distinctive and obviously, being a heavy metal band, probably don't appeal to many on this board. They may not be as popular as they once were, but they can still draw big crowds in certain areas. I saw a concert of theirs on tv, the Rock in Rio show from a couple years back which had well over 100,000 in the audience.
On a similar note, I just bought a new Judas Priest live DVD from a show in Japan earlier this year. Like Maiden, they're still around and still touring and put on a great show (if you're into hard rock/metal).

As far as Sharon Osbourne goes, I've known about her since the early 80's. She is a good manager and has managed Ozzy's career pretty good I think. I never watched his whole reality tv series, though, and I didn't care for the situation with Maiden. I didn't really follow Ozzy as much in the 90's as I did in the 80's.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: December 16, 2005 00:41

Iron Maiden had a nice lil' deal on the Oz Fest, $185,000 a show and they had their own airplane. They played for 60 minutes. BTW: no telepromters and the Spandex is gone...just jeans and t-shirts.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1646
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home