Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: the boss 3hrs / Mecca 3hours/U2 2.5hours/S
Posted by: eric ()
Date: December 7, 2005 21:04

Black magic woman was at least and hour of that show...lol

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 7, 2005 21:07

BornOnTheBayou Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gazza Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > >
> > Springsteen doesnt put a lot of energy into
> a
> > show???? Not sure where youve been for the
> last 30
> > years. He sweats off pounds in every show
>
> Indeed he does, but let's see if he's jumping up
> on pianos at Micks age (62 plus)....
>

I wouldnt doubt it..like Mick, hes always been in great shape

in his mid 50's he was as physically active as Mick was at that age, so why not

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 7, 2005 21:16

ferrante9 Wrote:
>
> IF I PAY 450.....THE STONES BETTER PLAY BEAST OF
> BURDEN AND PLAY MORE THAN 2 HOURS!!!!!!!

I remember 3 young women in the upper deck of Anaheim who were quite disappointed when I broke it to them that they wouldn't be playing this song. Was that you?

Posted by: db44 ()
Date: December 7, 2005 21:46

The Stones are the greatest rock 'n roll band in the world. For more than forty years. Their influence, their records and their concerts in the sixties and seventies. I've seen them at least thirty times over the past thirty years in stadiums, arenas and clubs. It's always great to see Mick delivers EVERY night and Charlie too. But please be realistic about the input of the rest of the band. Keith (too much posing!) and because I'm a fan I won't be offensive so I don't say a word about Ronnie and all the other nice guys who are doing their best. But talking about the best of the best (electric/acoustic) and you're looking wit an open mind to the inspiration, the setlists, the passion, the feeling, the length of shows etc; IMO: the Boss rules! And I've had the privilige to see my favourite band in 2003 even in Olympia and Vredenburg. But when it comes to giving it all at a live rock concert: Springsteen (and his E-street) is the best so far. But, and I just want to make that clear, to see the Stones at Olympia and Vredenburg was twice in a lifetime: a dream comes true. Who knows what 2005 will bring not counting the skyhigh ticketprices, big stadiums and predictable setlists. I'm glad we can still see the boys perform. And at that age Mick and Charlie are so great!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 8, 2005 06:59

Paul McCartney for 3 hours or The Dirty Mac for 5 minutes -- which would you pay for?

Posted by: ferrante9 ()
Date: December 8, 2005 10:03

BULLSHIT!!!!!

IF THE STONES PLAYED A 3 HOURS CONCERT WITH A SET LIST THAT INCLUDED BEAST OF BURDEN AND A STRONG VERSION OF MISS YOU...ALL OF YOU, INCLUDING MYSELF WOULD BE SO HAPPY.

INSTEAD WE GET LESS AND LESS SONGS EVERY TIME , NO BEAST OF BURDEN, AND BARELY 2 HOURS OF MUSIC.

MACCA AT LEAST UNDERSTANDS THE PEOPLE, HE CLAIMS TO BE THE MAN OF THE PEOPLE, SO HE CARES TO GIVE PEOPLE VALUE FOR MONEY.

I WISH THE STONES WOULD UNDERSTAND THAT CONCEPT.

I DONT MIND PAYING 450 FOR A TICET, BUT GIVE ME MORE SONGS, BEAST OF BURDEN, AND A STRONG VERSION OF MISS YOU PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Date: December 8, 2005 10:17

What is this obsession with Beast of Burden?

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: December 8, 2005 10:29

I love this stuff about Beast of Burden and a strong version of Miss You.
It's quite amusing with these obsesseive rantings. The poor nurses at
the psychiatric hospital where ferrante9 obviously must be an incurable
patient can have a breather while he's is busy typing on his keyboard.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 8, 2005 14:46

>ferrante9 dribbed and ranted (post edited in order to preserve the reader's sanity)

Unfortunately any sensible and worthy point you've made in this thread and others in recent weeks has been automatically declared null and void by your insistence a few days ago that Wings were the greatest band of all time and that McCartney only discovered his true genius as a songwriter AFTER leaving The Beatles

Posted by: short&curlies ()
Date: December 8, 2005 15:26

So ferrante9's concert experience is diminished if he dosn't hear Beast of Burden and Miss You. Hey, pay attention...Mick told you yourself to your face on the last song...You can't always get what you want!

Date: December 9, 2005 05:21

DUDES.....

PEOPLE WANT VALUE FOR MONEY. 2HOURS IS TOO LITTLE.......THE MORE THE BETTER. IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE 3 HOURS OF LIVE MUSIC, GO SEE BRITNEY SPEARS OR BUY A DVD.

I RATHER HEARE BEAST OF BURDEN THAN SOME STUPID COVER SONGS.

IT'S LIKE THEIR SONGS ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH SO THEY NEED TO PLAY OTHER PEOPLE'S SONGS.

COME ON NOW.

Date: December 9, 2005 08:16

What the fork are you talking about. I saw Beast of Burden twice this year, it was great. I also saw Bitch, Ruby Tuesday and Paint it Black at Anaheim and I cannot for the life of me fathom how you could complain. "Stupid Cover Songs" = Night Time? That song just brings the crowd to a peak . . . I actually feel sorry for Keith when he has to follow it!

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: December 9, 2005 08:20

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Reptile Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You don't just pay for the show time. You pay
> for
> > quality, dude! McCartney is a silly old peice
> of
> > crap. U2 is an out of hand garage band. The
> Stones
> > are living legends and make the best rock 'n'
> roll
> > on the planet.
> >
>
> pointless argument if youre just going to use the
> "my band's better than your band" angle - the
> whole point is giving the audience who have paid
> in value for money
>
> everything you've said above about the quality of
> the 3 acts youve mentioned is purely down to
> personal taste, not fact
>
>

Seeing a garage band playing in a local pub for 3 hours will probably cost me about 10 bucks, if it isn't free...

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 9, 2005 08:49

I see where Ferrante is coming from. Back when the first 2 concerts had the same setlist and all the howling and complaining was flooding the boards, it was my own personal opinion that they shouldn't have to change the setlist to cater to a small minority of people of questionable sanity. And if that means playing Beast Of Burden every night so the person who only goes to 1 show can enjoy it, then so be it.

Ferrante, this is for you, a live version of Beast Of Burden from a recent gig, enjoy it I think its better than anything McCartney would do other than Helter Skelter or She Came In Through The Bathroom Window. At least McCartney isn't as inconsistent as the Stones. Its the same show every night right down to the banter.

[s44.yousendit.com]

Date: December 9, 2005 10:18

BULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LIKE THE FACT THAT THE BOYS CHANGE THE SET LIST EVERYNIGHT. BUT THEY AHVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT CERTAIN SONGS HAVE TO BE PLAYED EVERYNIGHT.

THESE SONGS ARE, BEAST OF BURDEN, MISS YOU, LET'S SPEND THE NIGHT TOGETHER, OUT OF CONTROL, AND GIMME SHELTER.

OTHER SONGS CAN BE REPLACED EVERYNIGHT, EX/: STREET FIGTHIGN MAN, YOU VGOT ME ROCKING. ETC......

BUT BEAST OF BURDEN IS A MUST!!!!!!

2 HOURS IS TOO SHORT.......NOT WORTH 450 BUCKS.

IF THE BOYS CAN STRETCH THE SHOW TO 2 H 45 LIKE MACCA....IT'D BE AS GOOD AS A MACCA SHOW.

MACCA DELIVERS HELTER SKELTER TOWARDS THE END OF THE SHOW..........FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2007
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home