Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Get off my cloud live..Memphis
Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: December 6, 2005 17:55

they played a very cool version in memphis ...more guitar lines less chords was really great ....... very funky..... i heard this on the radio a few weeks ago and could not figure it out...but hearing it on the b-stage right up front was excellent......also hung out with bernard and blondie friady night at the peabody , also ronnies boy and kieths roadie/assitant.....all great guys what a weekened!!!!

Re: Get off my cloud live..Memphis
Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: December 6, 2005 18:38

tat2you Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> they played a very cool version in memphis
> ...more guitar lines less chords was really
> great ....... very funky..... i heard this
> on the radio a few weeks ago and could
> not figure it out...but hearing it on the
> b-stage right up front was
> excellent......also hung out with bernard and
> blondie friady night at the peabody , also
> ronnies boy and kieths
> roadie/assitant.....all great guys what a
> weekened!!!!

sounds cool. any choice bits of conversation you can pass on?

Posted by: jigsawpuzzle ()
Date: December 6, 2005 19:19

>also ronnies boy and kieths roadie/assitant

Was Dave there?

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: December 6, 2005 19:36

we shot the breeze... i felt like i did not want to be a groopie fan so did not talk to much shop...Bernard is very cool , talked about NYC..tried to pick up some girls i had a sweet hook up Bernard not so lucky....the roadie guy Tony was cool, we talked about richars solo stuff mostly, then jane rose came up , w/ out her doggy, was very nice , the assitant , Tony then gave us some picks, he is friends w/ a guy i know who lives in memphis..blonde kept telling people his name was johhny and did not play w/ the band...we all then left and went to the pool hall across the street .cant remember the name, had several more drinks....was a very very long eve....but what i liked the most was that they where all very nice "regular guys"..oh ronnies son was a nice kid very quiet and seemed alittle shy or just was the kind of guy who does'nt say much which was cool he seems to be very close with bernard and the roadie Tony... ...top notch!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-06 19:42 by tat2you.

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: December 6, 2005 19:38

You can hear a great live version medley of "If You Can't Rock Me" and "Get Off My Cloud" from 1975 at the LA Forum at this Web page:

[www.rollingstonesnet.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1419
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home