Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones are gonna fall this spring in Europe
Date: December 4, 2005 15:54

Mark my words; Europe is gonna be the end of the Stones as we know them; so many dissapointed people; they took it too far. Was not everybody surprised about how long they lasted, but it's gone on too long. The world is the world because of change and the stones been around too long. Yes a nice new album. Mercedes/American Express/ Cohl (coming out of a bus with golfclubs and golffriends Amstel, Amsterdam) man, they grabbed the wrong end of the stick ......I do hope all this dissapointment is gonna get thru to the stones themselves, thanks

Re: Stones are gonna fall this spring in Europe
Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: December 4, 2005 15:57

You may be right Charlie!

Posted by: stonethobo ()
Date: December 4, 2005 16:15

They know it´s kind of the last time they can push a big thing like this through Europe. In the US though this works anytime.
But I think people will be satisfied. It is almost half a year to go until the shows need to be sold out - they don´t play fields with 80.000 people like on the Licks tour, which was a bit over the top for some places (so they needed AC/DC to sell out).

Somehow the question if there should be another big tour after this solves itself: There are now other acts like Robbie Williams who sell out five nights at the Wembley Stadium within hours or two concerts in front of the Cologne Stadium (because the stadium was too small for Robbie!) within minutes.

This is something that the Stones had years ago. But who cares? All you guys complaining here will stand there with mouths open the second Keith hits the first riff and party like hell.
At least I will do so!
I am still only 30. When I went to my first as a youngster I though this would be my first and last Stones show. Now I am proud they still do it. I don´t complain about money.

Maybe in a few years it´s over and NO MONEY IN THE WORLD will get you another Stones live experience. I know someone who did not went to one of the german Beatles concerts in 1966, because he did not want to spend all his pocket money on a ticket. Something like 8 Euro! He thought: I will go next year. He´s one of the biggest Beatles fans and he regrets it until this day. He once said he would pay up to 250.000 Euro for the ticket if he could turn back time.

Re: The Rolling Stones
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 4, 2005 16:27

>> with mouths open the second Keith hits the first riff and party like hell <<

~*YEAH!*~

Posted by: Aucoin ()
Date: December 4, 2005 16:46

stonethobo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
He once said he
> would pay up to 250.000 Euro for the ticket if he
> could turn back time.
>
>

He needs help.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: December 4, 2005 17:01

Aucoin Wrote:
> stonethobo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> He once said he
> > would pay up to 250.000 Euro for the ticket
> if he
> > could turn back time.
> >
> >
>
> He needs help.
>
>

I'd pay his if he could turn back time. But I wouldnt go and see the Beatles cause they were no good live. I would tell John Lennon to always use bodyguards.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 4, 2005 17:11

You may be frustrated but did you see their show so far on this tour? It is better than ever. Mark my words: Most problems never happen. I have seen them and they are great. Just fantastic. Read the show reports on IORR. There must be over 100 so far. People are happy and want to go back. So what is the problem?

Bjornulf

Date: December 4, 2005 17:18

Yeah, right, the master himself spoke. There is no problem. EVERYBODY will be satisfied after the European tour 2006. I saw DVDs of the US tour, they really work hard and nail it.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 4, 2005 17:30

The question is how desperate can you be when you complain about a show you will not be able to see until yet another 8 months time. That is what I call addiction... Watching poor bootleg dvd's is like reading about a meal. Does not taste the same I guess. I haven't watched a bootleg dvd in years. They are all a waste of time.

Bjornulf

Posted by: yeager ()
Date: December 4, 2005 18:13

High, - yes it is right to hint to the difference between the real stuff and the substitute.
But you don't need this hint either, I guess. So what?!

"when I travel coast to coast
you' re the hook I miss the most
feel on, baby"

Date: December 4, 2005 18:30

bv wrote:
>Watching poor bootleg dvd's is like reading about a meal. Does not taste the >same I guess. I haven't watched a bootleg dvd in years. They are all a waste of >time.

Yeah, right. You want to make me cry? That´s the only thing I can do now, not having the opportunity to see them in the States - waste my time with subsitute things while I wait for the bigger bang in 2006 when I can actually FEEL the music while it is done. I know nothing can top this.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: December 4, 2005 18:56

I have seen this show several times and the boys still have it, they are playing great. BUT, other than the new songs and a couple of gems (SSC and Shattered) the set list is a big disappointment. If you watch the Twickenham DVD, you'll see that they are not doing much different other than the songs from ABB.

I know the "formula" works and most people only go to one show but after Licks, this has gotten boring. I have noticed a decline in posts at places like Shidoobee and I think even the hard core fans are finding the sets too predictable. There really isn't anything to look forward to in the second half of the show. Sorry BV, I know you do a great job here but I am disappointed so far.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 4, 2005 19:15

My guess is that they will play more in the future. But they are in a different league than people like me, who dont drive on Mercedes, and eat diamonds. I would love to see them though, but I dont know if its going to happen. I hope they will keep on playing, for their sake, not for mine. I can listen to my CD-boots for free.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: December 4, 2005 19:16

Charlie and Bjorn both have a point, IM.

As for Charlie, I have to say I am not so excited than during the Licks Tour. I think during the LT I reached my peak as a harcore fan : 16 shows, including 5 theaters shows, 2 trips to USA and one trip to China To me, the first big attraction was the diversity : arena, which was quite new, and furthurmore, theaters. I do not enjoy much stadium shows (even it can be great), but it's a question of personal taste. I have seen two shows of BB so far, and have also a tix for San Juan and Cardiff. I will also to Paris and Barcelona. I'm pretty interested in Buenos Aires (I have posted a request for tix), but to me the thrill is the group, before the crowd. So I'm balanced to go "for the crowd only" as they will play a standard show there.

As for Bjorn, I fully agree. I have dozens of boots DVD and CD which wait for months, or for years to be watched and listened. There are in my home, but... It's too easy. Not much excitement to download and to hear the fortnight stuff. Unbelivable, because it is such a technical performance. Maybe we need a little of fast. We are too much fed.

Posted by: I'm Stoned ()
Date: December 4, 2005 19:22

Erik Snow,

The Joker is a one of a different league of people like you and me, who drive on Mercedes and eat diamonds...

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: December 4, 2005 19:26

I'm Stoned : I guess you can say that on a musical point of view (also I don't share your point) but not as for money -

As a free lance journalist working on business and international topics, I have from time to time the fantastic opportunity to go overseas both for work and for fun - And the cost is really a bargain.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 4, 2005 19:31

I LOVE bootleg DVDs, when I first started to collect them, they were a great substitute for the concert experience itself. I would rather stay home and watch them in the comfort of my own home than the hassle and expense of attending a concert.

And Charlie Is My Darlin' - I don't think a few setlist or ticket price whiners on the internet constitutes "many disappointed fans," or enough to bring an end to the Stones touring days.

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: December 4, 2005 20:08

I am disappointed for Europe in one respect. They clearly to NO arena shows and I really liked the arena type shows what I've seen in the US. They even do not any special shows like Verona or something similar to the hollywood bowl. Despite the prices which I pay or I go less that leaves a very bitte taste and once again it is very clear that Europe is 2nd class for the Rolling Stones. They will be down to 19 songs again etc etc. I still will go and see them because the act is still the most lively in my oppinion. But I feel disappointed.
Sorry.....

Date: December 4, 2005 20:17

Once I get that bitter taste in my mouth, I spit out whatever is causing it and find something else to go chomp on. It wont kill you not to go, especially if you feel as if you are getting something less than what you expect for your money.

Posted by: JK ()
Date: December 4, 2005 20:52

Soon there will be no Sones and we can finally invest our money in playing golf:-)

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: December 4, 2005 21:03

Come on people there still selling shows almost everywhere if this is the end it will be by there own choice but I doubt it is and if they wanted to tour the world again in 3 years they still could and would still sell. The people who are disapointed are a very small minority of so called fans there not real fans.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: December 4, 2005 21:26

lodge Wrote:
> I am disappointed for Europe in one respect. They
> clearly to NO arena shows and I really liked the
> arena type shows what I've seen in the US. They
> even do not any special shows like Verona or
> something similar to the hollywood bowl. Despite
> the prices which I pay or I go less that leaves a
> very bitte taste and once again it is very clear
> that Europe is 2nd class for the Rolling Stones.
> They will be down to 19 songs again etc etc. I
> still will go and see them because the act is
> still the most lively in my oppinion. But I feel
> disappointed.
> Sorry.....

Agreed. Milking the cow! No arenas, nothing special. It will be
a 19 song selection with at least 12 warhorses (always the same
12 of course). If they ´d play 3 or 4 gems e a c h show together
with 5 or six new ones - I would be thinking that the price
m i g h t be ok.

The worst warning sign: I´m not even interested in the setlist
of the US tour since 2 months. Predictable as bad weather in November.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: December 4, 2005 22:56

bv Wrote:
"...Watching poor bootleg dvd's is
like reading about a meal."

-Get your point. The experience of seing the Stones can vary due to many factors, like the band having a good or a bad day,and a bootleg dvd might not capture that. Still, IMO you get a picture of what they are able to offer, and it shure isn't the same intensity, commitment and rawness that's captured on many boots from the seventies. I mean if I whent to a restaurant I'd sertantly would have a look at the menusmiling smiley

"haven't watched a bootleg dvd in years.
They are all a waste of time."

-We are probably a lot of people here, wasting our time...

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: December 4, 2005 23:36

georgeV says "I have seen this show several times and the boys still have it, they are playing great."

Of course.

georgeV also says "The set list is a big disappointment. I know the "formula" works and most people only go to one show but after Licks, this has gotten boring. I have noticed a decline in posts at places like Shidoobee and I think even the hard core fans are finding the sets too predictable."

"Even the hard core fans" OR "only (basically) some hard core fans"?

That's the question...

Date: December 4, 2005 23:43

BV you keep taking the bait from these wind up merchants and getting yourself hot under the collar. The stones are great, the shows are great, your site is great, we enjoy, end of story.

Some of these guys could start an arguement while sharing an igloo with a fish, let them.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: December 4, 2005 23:49

Stupid negatives posts like this are not taken seriously and guess what? The Stones do NOT need Europe! They make enough money in the USA where we want them to be!

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: December 4, 2005 23:52

Love and peace to you as well Debra......all the way from sunny Sheffield.

Oily

PS Where's the caps gone? and I don't mean the flat ones they wear around here.

Posted by: Bob05 ()
Date: December 5, 2005 00:55

TooTough,

"Truth is stranger than fiction ..."

Right so. This goes for their setlist these days, as well. Just like you, I find the setlist boring, if not disappointing and I still haven't decided yet whether to see their Europe shows or rather not, especially when thinking about ticket prices.

How I wish Tumblin Dice and Satisfaction, to name but two, to vanish I can't describe. We all have our little or big favourites but I presume for the Europe leg too they will remain fiction.

Stony regards, Bob

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 5, 2005 01:07

charlie is my darlin' Wrote:
> Mark my words; Europe is gonna be the end of the
> Stones as we know them; so many dissapointed
> people; they took it too far. Was not everybody
> surprised about how long they lasted, but it's
> gone on too long. The world is the world because
> of change and the stones been around too long. Yes
> a nice new album. Mercedes/American Express/ Cohl
> (coming out of a bus with golfclubs and
> golffriends Amstel, Amsterdam) man, they grabbed
> the wrong end of the stick ......I do hope all
> this dissapointment is gonna get thru to the
> stones themselves, thanks

On the basis of how good they're looking and sounding at the moment (I saw 3 shows on the N American leg of the tour to date), I would have to say that I disagree with you. I think they'll go down very well in Europe this time around, I think the ticket sales will be just as strong as they have been historically, and I think the majority of people that see them will love the show/shows they attend and conclude that they've still got more in 'em - though for exactly how much longer must now be a question for debate. But it ain't quite over yet I don't believe.

Date: December 5, 2005 03:15

Most people only go to one show. Most people don't obsessively follow the setlists on the internet. Most people are satisfied if they hear many of their favorite songs.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2213
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home