Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

They do it because they love it not for just money
Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: December 4, 2005 05:13

The Stones are touring because they love to play there music live. Yes its true they will make alot of money, but they also spend alot of money to go on the road. I mean there stadium stage alone is in the millions and they have 2 of them so think of all that. I mean if they were only in it for the money they could charge 200 dollars a ticket and play all areana shows with a basic stage and alot small crew and it would be alot cheaper so stop saying there only in it for money when they spend a hell of alot to do this.

Re: They do it because they love it not for just money
Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: December 4, 2005 05:17

I would rather see them in the arena with a bare bones stage and charge 100 dollars. I don't need a fireworks show and a bunch of explosions . Just the band . If I wanted to see loud explosions and firewors I would go to Baghdad and watch tose idiots blow themselves up. Now that is worth 450 dollars . But then again we don't have to pay to see that Just turn on the TV.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 4, 2005 05:28

but that's not the question we've been debating. the question is/was would they be doing it if they big bucks weren't there - answer: no.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 4, 2005 05:39

They do it because its their job and its what makes them their money. Ego gratification of thousands of people screaming for them can't be discounted and the fact that those people are paying 2.5 - 5.9 million a gig just compounds that.

Now that I did it much better than I could have ever imagined, I should say I am glad they do it because **I** love it and I only wish I had more money to give them.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: December 4, 2005 07:37

I think they still love being on stage, and they love the big money they make.
If either part of this equation was missing, they would not do it.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: December 4, 2005 08:08

Who doesnt love money?

We´ll just have to wait till they´re
(May the Good Lord bless them & help them
keeping healthy) 75 or so for the smaller gigs.
Maybe... Can´t really see them past 70, all or´em,
doin these types shows any more.

Posted by: Here it Comes ()
Date: December 4, 2005 08:27

It's not just money. And it's not the fact that they enjoy it, which I think they do.

They have egos. They are one of of handful of truly important artists in pop music. Young people are very fickle and barely remember what was happening ten years ago. I think Mick Jagger wants to preserve the Stones legacy as long as possible. I think he wants today's young people -- 15-year-olds -- to go through their lives thinking, "Yeah, I remember the Stones 2005 tour. I know they recorded Satisfaction. They were cool." And that person is going to remember the Rolling Stones more than he will remember Marilyn Manson or Maroon 5 or Blink 182. I think that, that ego part of it, is important to Mick Jagger and Keith Richards and I don't blame them one bit.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: December 4, 2005 11:00

It's not just because they love it. They also need money like anyone else. They make an avarege of 6.4 million dollars a night. Now you have to take some off for the stage and employees, but Mick and Keith would be left with about a million a night. They deserve it, they work hard. But it's not just because they like to do it. If that were the case they'd still be able to live richly for 70 bucks a ticket.

Not that I care, I'll go anyway. But what you're saying is not true.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 4, 2005 11:06

Bashlets Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think they still love being on stage, and they
> love the big money they make.
> If either part of this equation was missing, they
> would not do it.

Pretty much sums it up, quite agree

Posted by: sidonia ()
Date: December 4, 2005 15:32

Rickster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Stones are touring because they love to play
> there music live.

Yes and Big Bird is not a man in a suit!!!

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: December 4, 2005 15:49

Ricksetr wrote:

>Yes its true they will make alot of money, but they also spend alot of money to go on the road. I mean there stadium stage alone is in the millions and they have 2 of them so think of all that

I say you can also turn it around, they use fireworks and special effects, videosreens, etc to justify these high prices.

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: December 4, 2005 16:34

Reptile write "They make an avarege of 6.4 million dollars a night. Now you have to take some off for the stage and employees, but Mick and Keith would be left with about a million a night.

A MILLION a night . They need a million a night ? Anyone who needs a million a night can kiss my ass. Do you have any concept what a million dollars could do for people who REALLY need help in this world ? And you have the gall to say they are left with a million a night and they deserve it .

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 4, 2005 17:38

I don't know where you get that number from - "6.4 million dollars a night". Their average in USA (correct number) is 3 mill arena (15,000) and 6 mill stadium (40,000). This is gross money before expenses. They have a payroll of 300 people full-time, 130 trucks and some technical people. Sure they are loaded by cash still. And after 40 years they ahve earned it. If you don't like it find another band.

Bjornulf

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: December 4, 2005 17:54

> If you don't like it find another band.

Hey admin, please delete this offending message!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 4, 2005 18:28

yep: the Rolling Stones make tons of money doing what they love -
i don't see a goddam thing wrong with that. au contraire: i find it downright inspirational.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: December 4, 2005 18:39

what's wrong with making money??

they are touring for both--money and music. I wish i could spend less on tickets. After MSG in January i will have spent $500 on three shows. Last tour I spent $400 on four shows (but won tickets once so that knocked down the average). We keep buying the tickets, so i guess they are worth it, right? FOr the few on here who say they are thru, there seems to be 5 people stepping in your place to buy your tickets.

I just fear the day Mick and Keith are sitting on a couple of stools at Carnegie Hall and charging $1000 a ticket!! (And you know what, I'll be there with them)

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: December 4, 2005 21:06

Not one of them needs more money but if they can make it good for them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1268
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home