Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stop Michael Cohl!
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: December 3, 2005 13:24

We need to stop this maniac. He is a danger to the Stones' good name. Mick or any other Rolling Stones members select ticket prizes. Michael Cohl is the person behind the ticket prices. He has a crazy idea of "those idiotic Stones fans will come anyway, even if they have to sell their own childen". Honestly, stop blaiming the Stones. Instead, blaim Michael Cohl. The Stones just don't see what's happening. He's the Allen Klein of 2005.

Let's put a bullet in his head!

Re: Stop Michael Cohl!
Posted by: arjan ()
Date: December 3, 2005 13:28

that goes bit far doennit. I am convinced they do know what's going on. They've been on the market long enough and Mick is businessman enough to know and approve.

Posted by: The Flasher ()
Date: December 3, 2005 13:29

The sad thing is that you are wrong.

Mick has control of everything involving the Stones.

It is far to easy blaming Michael Cohl and decieve yourself

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 3, 2005 13:32

Cool down a little. Mick who is also businessman running Stone$ Corp. knows perfectly what he is signing . My guess is that he does not rely on a sole counsel. That would be too simple. Fine Lawyers are all around when big money is pouring

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: December 3, 2005 13:32

phd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cool down a little. Mick who is also businessman
> running Stone$ Corp. knows perfectly what he is
> signing . My guess is that he does not rely on a
> sole counsel. That would be too simple. Fine
> Lawyers are all around when big money is pouring

So why do they sell the tickets for such crazy prizes? It's not like they need the money.

Is it?

Posted by: The Flasher ()
Date: December 3, 2005 13:36

Everybody wants money why would The Stones be any different?

Besides Mick probably has to pay child support for a dozen of new kids every year.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: December 3, 2005 13:39

As he sings appropriately:

Life is rich,
but it's way too short
You make a lot of money
but you just want more..

Hey, we want more too ...

Date: December 3, 2005 13:55

The Stones are the #1 moneymakers in the business - even if they don't know how to sell their albums they still sell out tours. They always had the biggest audiences when they toured. They always had the highest ticket prices since 1969. They started the stadium tours with 0,0% music but 100% profit. Instead they sold posters and T-shirts (@#$%& and those awful leather jackets and eurghll baseball caps!). And yes they wanted Allen Klein cause he knew how to make even more money. They had Rupert von Loewenstein. Now they have Michael Cohl and he's the worst of them all. Kill him! I'm sure he can't go out without bodyguards. But still it's the Rolling Stones who have hired him resp. they have sold themselves to him. Have you ever heard of a millionaire who's got enough money? Nope. Have you seen them standing in front of that Mercedes Benz? They will all rot in Hell for this. But only in the afterworld.

So blame the Rolling Stones. Just blame the Rolling Stones. It's about time.

And I confess I also listen to rock music made by those @#$%&' millionaires. About 80% what I like about them is pure nostalgia ("They can't be THAT bad because they ...")

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: December 3, 2005 14:16

Yep I fully agree with you, F.U.C. The Captain

Posted by: sidonia ()
Date: December 3, 2005 14:19

I don't agree with you Barbabang!

Michael Cohl works for the Stones and he does the best he can. I love the stones and will pay any price to see them!

Date: December 3, 2005 14:27

Sure Michael Cohl does as best as he can, and the Stones want him to that.
BiggestBuck worldtour 2006 is the best!

Posted by: sidonia ()
Date: December 3, 2005 14:28

Now I agree with you Bigger Barbabang!

Date: December 3, 2005 14:34

We do not have to blame either The Stones or Michael Cohl. We can only be disappointed to be spectators of such skyrocketting prices which avoid young generations to attend their shows. Would they come if let's say ticketprices were in the neighbourhood of 50 euros. I tend to believe so. Now, we have to wait if all the concerts sell out as fast as apparently was the case in Wembley I. I guess U2 will in 10 years be the subject of that syndrome if that band still exists in 2016

Posted by: TE ()
Date: December 3, 2005 14:48

Will YOU sell your car for 19,990 Euro if you can get 20,090?
It's demand and we all hate it! Amsterdam, Brussels sold out in no time. Wembley with almost US ticket prices same same.

Here in Norway they roughly got away with it saying that U2 charged the same (they charged 6xx NOK's at 35000 stadium in Oslo, Stones will charge 1300 at a 20,000 "place" in Bergen).

I don't like it, but accept it. Cruel world!

TE
Oslo

Date: December 3, 2005 14:53

Amstedam I is far from being sold out. Just went on rs.com and could easily find 4 places. That did not happen 3 years back. Re-the posts on that subject.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: December 3, 2005 14:57

Forgot to add...

The only thing I have a real problem with understanding is the seated system in the UK. 150 GBP for almost the entire field (a few 60 seats in front) and most seats at the side. A "bit" (ok, quite) greedy unless they have a reason to behave like that when coming "home".

TE
Oslo

Date: December 3, 2005 14:58

TE Wrote:
> Will YOU sell your car for 19,990 Euro if you can
> get 20,090?
> It's demand and we all hate it! Amsterdam,
> Brussels sold out in no time. Wembley with almost
> US ticket prices same same.

At least I boycotted the Licks tour since they didn't have a new album. Did they really notice?

Posted by: GuessWho ()
Date: December 3, 2005 14:59

I think what upsets lots of fans (rather than obsessive fans) is that the prices for tickets are becoming far too expensive.

There is the cry that if people are willing to pay the prices then they are not too expensive but i disagree.

For the average fan in the UK it`ll cost almost £75 to get into a gig (Hampden Scotland) and this is for the worst seats (£167 for the most expensive.)

One element is the TM charges which bear no relation to the work involved.

How does it cost £12 to process a ticket and then £5 to send the ticket?

It pains me to miss the band live but I can`t justify paying twice as much as I did 2 years ago for an arena gig.

Posted by: redshift ()
Date: December 3, 2005 15:08

First time I saw the Stones (1966) cost me $5.50. The price has stuck in my mind because I was in college and had very little money but hell it was the Rolling Stones. That $5.50 is about $35 today adjusted for inflation.They did 2 shows each lasting about 30 minutes. At Durham I paid $113 for a 2 hour show with extravagant but unnecessary staging. Do we go to see the Stones or fireworks and a giant stage?

The pricing is ridiculous but the fans are complicit in the deal. Don't go. The prices will come down.

Date: December 3, 2005 15:12

Been to every tour since 1990, this will be the first time I don't go.
And I'm a fan (and will be for most of their music)

Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: December 3, 2005 16:21

Not going would be a good message to them but once the sales begin I can't control that principle, I just pay (a lot) more and still go...weak flesh

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: December 3, 2005 16:33

Mick knows we can't feed our children and mortgage our homes to go see them and frankly he doesn't give a damn. I don't know why this is shocking anyone. They've always been greedy. Put on a hell of a show though!

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: December 3, 2005 17:12

>Michael Cohl works for the Stones and he does the best he can. I love the stones >and will pay any price to see them!

You're a good guy, sidonia! I hope MC encloses you in his evening pray.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 3, 2005 17:52

Without the business skills of Michael Cohl the Stones would have been bankrupt many years ago and never toured again. They lost money on every tour they made before he came along. It is pretty well documented. But because he made it possible to make profit from these large rock tours through contracts, pre-payments and sponsorships you can now still enjoy the Stones live. Quite unique in rock-history actually.

By the way it is not Michael Cohl but the band itself - Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie - who decide the basic framework. He just makes it possible within the plans, limits and their goals.

So I am really happy that Michael Cohl is taking millions of dollars from Ameriquest to make it run at all. Why cares about the Ameriquest flying blimp before the shows, or the banners they put up during the warmup? Same with Mercedes. I don't care if they show the commercial after the show but as long as that makes it possible to see the Stones live I am happy.

What did you expect? To see Mick & Keith on Beale Street for a 5 dollars cover charge having a meal? That would be the option without Michael Cohl.

Bjornulf

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: December 3, 2005 17:57

bv wrote:

>What did you expect? To see Mick & Keith on Beale Street for a 5 dollars cover charge having a meal?

that's a hillarious image !!!!!!

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: December 3, 2005 17:59

If the Stone lowered prices the scalpers, knowing the market for higher prices, would grab even more tickets and sell them to us for the high prices anyway. At least tat's what would happen in the States. And scalpers are the last people I want to see making the big profit.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 3, 2005 18:00

The way I undestand it is that Cohl guarantees the band a certain amount of dollars/euros, then he has to try to recoup his investment. Staging, transportation, food, dope, etc. cut into this pile of cash. On one of the DVD's, they discuss a certain show being the break-even point of the tour. The Stones sign the contracts, take the cash, and do the show. I'm not sure they have much say in the ticket pricing as they are already under contract and can't tell Cohl what to charge.

Not trying to defend either Cohl or the Stones, just trying to discuss facts. They could tour more cheaply with less staging, effects, etc., but people (casual fans) continue to go see them because of the spectacle. Theatre shows with no effects, just music would suit me and most die-hards, but not the average person on the street.

Date: December 3, 2005 18:01

I thought that during the Ahmed Erhtegun years, they earned some money. That's what I recall from Bill's books. You are painting a real dark picture of Mick and Keith without Cohl. Too dark

Date: December 3, 2005 18:39

bv Wrote:
> Without the business skills of Michael Cohl the
> Stones would have been bankrupt many years ago and
> never toured again. They lost money on every tour
> they made before he came along. It is pretty well
> documented. But because he made it possible to
> make profit from these large rock tours through
> contracts, pre-payments and sponsorships you can
> now still enjoy the Stones live. Quite unique in
> rock-history actually.

Sorry but that's utter Bullshit. At least Mick and Keith have been in the guild of rock millionaires long before 1989. The Stones' whining about having no money was always a hoax. It just meant they couldn't buy another Bentley or another mansion on some exotic island.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: December 3, 2005 19:18

I am sure the Stones know what is going on and that is STONES plural...not just MJ. In Four Flicks KR mentions his contract, his lawyers. Mr. Cohl works with and for the Stones, but each of the Stones ( well at least the Glimmer Twins, and I am pretty sure RW)has their own team of consultants and advsiors. All of these guys are shrewd.

And as far as the G. Twins are concerned, rest assured, MJ does nothing that KR is not aware of and does not approve. His innocence is an act we have all bought, he is a successful business man heading an international entertainment conglomerate. That is not saying anything bad. Thses guys have always said they are entertainers not avatars. Go back to even the interviews in the 60's..."But what can a poor boy do?" They are the baby boomers' version of the Rat Pack, have never wanted to be anything more, and have told us that over and over. It just is we refuse to listen.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1864
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home