Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Amsterdam Arena....they did it this time!
Posted by: I'm Stoned ()
Date: December 3, 2005 12:42

There were only 60 in line at the postoffice where I always buy my stones-tickets. Licks Tour, 130+ people were standing in line.
A lot of people decide to not go, because of the fu...ing high prices.

You can still buy tickets for Amsterdam Arena. In 2002, the first concert was sold out in 10 minutes..........................

I'm happy I decided to use my presalecode to get fieldtickets (1st area), because I don't think there will be any small gig.....

They did it this time: they have made it to expensive....The only good thing about this, is that only real fans will go to a concert. But for the people who can't afford this price for a ticket: shame on you ROLLING STONES!!!!

Re: Amsterdam Arena....they did it this time!
Posted by: Rik ()
Date: December 3, 2005 12:44

it's not sold out yetsmiling smiley

Posted by: I'm Stoned ()
Date: December 3, 2005 12:45

....as I was saying:
"You can still buy tickets for Amsterdam Arena. In 2002, the first concert was sold out in 10 minutes"

Posted by: arjan ()
Date: December 3, 2005 12:47

I'm Stoned Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There were only 60 in line at the postoffice where
> I always buy my stones-tickets. Licks Tour, 130+
> people were standing in line.
> A lot of people decide to not go, because of the
> fu...ing high prices.
>
> You can still buy tickets for Amsterdam Arena. In
> 2002, the first concert was sold out in 10
> minutes..........................
>
> I'm happy I decided to use my presalecode to get
> fieldtickets (1st area), because I don't think
> there will be any small gig.....
>
> They did it this time: they have made it to
> expensive....The only good thing about this, is
> that only real fans will go to a concert. But for
> the people who can't afford this price for a
> ticket: shame on you ROLLING STONES!!!!

I share your opinion. I know a lot of people who went on previous tours but are not going on this one because of ticket prices

Posted by: Wolter ()
Date: December 3, 2005 13:42

Can you imagine: they sold more than 6 concert last time and now? A poor 2 concerts it will be: wrong location, wrong prices.

One positive thing: people do want quality and value for their money!

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: December 3, 2005 13:57

A friend of mine was standing in line at a postoffice this morning with only 3(!) other persons. This wouldn't have happened if the prices weren't this high.

Almost 1 o'clock in the afternoon and still not sold out! This says more than enough. A lot of people want to see the stones, but not for 114 euro's.

Date: December 3, 2005 14:05

there were 21 people in line at 9 o clock this morning
in 2002: more then 150

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: December 3, 2005 14:15

But Rik,

in 2002 about 75 people were standing in line for Engelbert Humperdinck tickets.
So that leaves 21 in 2005 to 75 in 2002!

Date: December 3, 2005 14:19

you prlly got my pointwinking smiley

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: December 3, 2005 14:22

Oh yes I can afford the ticketprice, but I refuse to pay it. It's simply too expensive! The choice of the venue's also speak for themselves I think.
I may call this tour the biggets cashing tour.
I'm stoned also said that now only 'the real'fans would go. I don't think that has anything to do with it, IMHO.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 3, 2005 14:41

So you will not get your 6 usual concerts. A shame. I remember during licks tour reading in the papers that in The Netherlands around 450,000 tickets were sold
within the WE they were put in sales. If I understand what is written above, they will sell only 50,000. Am I right or wrong ! If correct, that's a big drop. That is maybe an explanation to the only 2 concerts anticipated for this last tour.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 3, 2005 14:45

Another explanation to this apparent very slow sales measured by qeue line might be that people buy more than 3 years ago thru the net.

Posted by: mago ()
Date: December 3, 2005 15:14

Exactly phd! Since I´m from outside the net was the only option. But you had the option to line up in the post office which obviously was the best alternative. But as I mentioned in another topic, I was lucky to manage to get into Ticketmaster after just 10 minutes. Just to find out that there were no field tickets. Still with that high price! It seems Europe is more crazy for the Stones than America. It was´nt difficult finding tickets to the American shows (many of them) through the net. And outside the arena at least in Seattle where I was, the scalpers had to sell out for half price!

Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: December 3, 2005 16:13

This should be a lesson indeed; also for the promoter > more people would pay this ridiculous price if it concerned a quality location, the echodome arena certainly isn't!
I'm Dutch and I have tix for Belgium and Germany while Amsterdam is not even sold out, really weird..

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: December 3, 2005 17:08

PHD Wrote: "Another explanation to this apparent very slow sales measured by qeue line might be that people buy more than 3 years ago thru the net."

Think you are right. I used to get up early and que, but I haven't queed at the Post office for five years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1539
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home