Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick + Taylor Swift - Satisfaction
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 29, 2023 18:53

While riding along the musical roads I came across this. No idea if it's been here before, but here it is. I swear that sometime during the song they swap their bodies back and forth they're so similar.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Mick + Taylor Swift - Satisfaction
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 29, 2023 20:56

Never saw this! Ok, easy to say safe win for Mick - he sang one of his own and one of the most famous rock songs - yet the natural way he works the crowd, arguably a crowd in average at least 40 years younger than him, the confidence he shows in doing his thing (he even finds the way to adjust his in ear monitor while struttin in front of TS), the commitment, the energy … I mean, he IS something else!

C

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 29, 2023 21:21

One of the more bizarre events in Jagger/Stones history imo.
That said, I predict a studio collaboration!

If not a tune on the long-delayed "new" Stones album, then probably on one of Taylor Swifts countless albums she continuously releases.
Not a fan of hers, but obviously Mick is, and with the right producer I bet it could possibly be much better than the dismal unreleased Grohl/Jagger track.
Maybe they will record an entire album together someday...duetting on one anothers tunes from the past. The SwiftStones...

Posted by: campxray ()
Date: May 29, 2023 22:39

This was during the Stones Zip Code Tour when the Stones were in Nashville. Mick was a guest at Taylor's concert in Nashville, so he really didn't travel to appear at her concert.

Posted by: Travman87 ()
Date: May 29, 2023 23:38

campxray
This was during the Stones Zip Code Tour when the Stones were in Nashville. Mick was a guest at Taylor's concert in Nashville, so he really didn't travel to appear at her concert.

Totally incorrect. The Stones show in Nashville during the Zip Code tour on June 17th which was more than 3 months before this Taylor Swift guest appearance.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 29, 2023 23:56

Thank you. I recall seeing this duet at the time from youtube (and it was probably my introduction to Taylor Swift), but probably this was captured better. I like the 'punkish' way she delivers the lyrics. That's sexy. And Mick.. Well, when he does these guest spots, he really is 'let the tigers out'.

The weak, and unnecessary, link was the dude playing the guitar solo.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-29 23:56 by Doxa.

Date: May 30, 2023 00:38

Travman87
campxray

Totally incorrect. The Stones show in Nashville during the Zip Code tour on June 17th which was more than 3 months before this Taylor Swift guest appearance.

Oh. You're correct. Sorry. I could have sworn ... Guess I can't depend on my memory anymore. I did some reading, though, and Mick was already in Nashville (unless this isn't a reliable source). [faroutmagazine.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-30 00:50 by campxray.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: May 30, 2023 00:58

OMG! That was great!
Mick totally stole the show.
He looked very comfortable on that stage with the ramp and all.
Luv how the young fans responded.
Just goes to show that Rolling Stones music is timeless.
Thanks for posting.

Posted by: Travman87 ()
Date: May 30, 2023 02:32

Thank you for positing this link. Always loved Taylor and the face she contacted Mick and he agreed was so cool. He neves ceases to amaze with that professionalism and boundless energy amd Taylor really complemented him well. Great duet

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 30, 2023 08:30

For a moment, I thought this was about Mick Taylor. smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-30 13:14 by Koen.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 30, 2023 09:20

Date: May 30, 2023 09:23

Maybe she is the female Jagger, look at her album cover

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 30, 2023 12:55

dmay

No idea if it's been here before, but here it is.

See also the 2015 thread: "Mick guests with Taylor Swift - Nashville, September 26" - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 30, 2023 12:56

NilsHolgersson

There’s a reason she’s the biggest star in music right now and it’s not even close.
At one point Taylor Swift actually occupied the entire top ten singles chart.let that sink in, I think the Beatles had 4 songs in the top ten in the 60s.others have had 2 maybe
She’s playing football stadiums in the US two or three nights in a row. Nobody has done that. Not Zep, not the Floyd The Who, U2 or the Stones.
Girl knows what she’s doing.Mick always let’s the guest pick the song if they want.being born in 1989 and choosing As tears Go By that’s impressive.
Izzy and Axl picking Salt of the Earth may have been better but not by much.

Date: May 30, 2023 13:44

The Stones have never played football stadiums in the US two nights in a row?

Date: May 30, 2023 14:16

Koen
For a moment, I thought this was about Mick Taylor. smoking smiley

Me too. For a swift moment.grinning smiley

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 30, 2023 14:38

Maybe merge with Mick_Taylor thread?

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: May 30, 2023 16:06

lem motlow
NilsHolgersson

She’s playing football stadiums in the US two or three nights in a row. Nobody has done that. Not Zep, not the Floyd The Who, U2 or the Stones.

The Stones never played stadiums two or three nights in a row? Check out the tour itineraries from 1989-1997.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 30, 2023 17:24

Travman87
campxray

Carrie Underwood guested with Brad Paisley (Stones opener) in Nashville 2015. Maybe that’s the confusion?

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: May 30, 2023 18:34

A venue packed with screaming, young and mostly female fans was probably enjoyable for Sir Mick. Yet, with all respect to Mrs. Taylor Swift, I am not too impressed by Jagger singing Satisfaction over and over again.

Date: May 30, 2023 18:42

NashvilleBlues
Travman87
campxray

Carrie Underwood guested with Brad Paisley (Stones opener) in Nashville 2015. Maybe that’s the confusion?

No, that's not my confusion. I knew that Mick was supposed to guest at Taylor's concert, and in fact I saw the YouTube video of it the next day. That video wasn't up for long. When I went back to watch it again, it was taken down.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 30, 2023 19:10

windmelody
A venue packed with screaming, young and mostly female fans was probably enjoyable for Sir Mick. Yet, with all respect to Mrs. Taylor Swift, I am not too impressed by Jagger singing Satisfaction over and over again.

Last I checked, it was still Ms. She'd run out of inspiration if ever she settled down and didn't have break-ups to write about!! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 30, 2023 19:15

I couldn't even get over her cheesy way of introducing the guest. Unmistakably american. Then Mick coming out with all the bells and whistles felt like he brings the whole Stones machine in a suitcase with him.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 31, 2023 10:56

MelBelli
lem motlow
NilsHolgersson

The Stones never played stadiums two or three nights in a row? Check out the tour itineraries from 1989-1997.

I have, it’s not even close.the old rock bands mostly played a single stadium and in a strong market two nights, there are exceptions but that’s mostly it.
She has no cities with a single night and multiple 3 night sellouts.
I bring this up because I’m fascinated, I had no idea she was this famous.this is just the first leg of the tour and it’s gonna be a $600 million gross.
They’re predicting the first Billion dollar tour and possibly 1 and 1/2 Billion.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: May 31, 2023 12:11

What's that at 2:19? Mick slapping her in the face?

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 31, 2023 12:57

Will Taylor still be preforming at that level in 2069 ... ?????

ROCKMAN

Date: May 31, 2023 14:09

Rockman
Will Taylor still be preforming at that level in 2069 ... ?????

Who knows, anything can happen, right? But she seems pretty stable and a smart business woman who's in it for the long run, like Dolly Parton.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 31, 2023 18:09

Here's a link I sent to a friend of mine who's a hard core Grateful Dead fan related to Taylor Swift as the new Grateful Dead. He said he understood. The Dead became a brand. I have, from those olden days of cubicle life, a couple of Jerry Garcia ties still hanging in the closet.

[www.fastcompany.com]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 31, 2023 18:27

I have more than a couple of those Garcia ties. I'd say about half of my tie collection is those, and I must have close to 50 ties.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: May 31, 2023 19:33

I remember this well. I saw Taylor perform in Nashville the previous night. Her special guest for my show was Steven Tyler and I was pretty happy with that at the time. When I learned Taylor brought out Mick the next night, I could have died sad smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2024
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home