Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: RIP: Tina Turner
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 26, 2023 03:44

NashvilleBlues
Dan
NashvilleBlues
Dan
angee
Dan, these things about Ike are known facts as much as facts can be known.
Photo documentation, etc.

Why are you so hesitant to believe them?

Who cares, that's their relationship drama.

I don't take sides on every marital spat in TMZ.

If there is a heaven, God cares. This all started when you mentioned him being in heaven with Tina, like that’s something she’d want. Like I said, if he’s in heaven, we’re all getting in.

So, do you believe Tina, or not? You’re good at dodging questions and changing the discussion. Before you question my intelligence, check yourself first. You have two obvious typos in your two sentences. winking smiley

It's not I believe her or not, I don't really care. And I have been published, they have people to deal with minor details like typed Oh's.

But with Tina out of the way we can start to rehabilitate Ike's reputation as a true original and one of the all-time greats.

Never questioned his talent, just his character.

ditto

love the music (he more then deserves his legacy as a pioneer and brilliant musician)

despise the man who made it

there is no rehabilitating his reputation whether or not the women he tortured and abused are still here to tell the world what he did to them

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-26 03:44 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: May 26, 2023 05:20

RIP. Tina. Miss you already

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: May 26, 2023 08:41

Shepherds Bush City Limits... by the Dirty Strangers...With Bobby Keys on sax... Inspired by Nut Bush City Limits. Sort of a Stones-related tribute to Tina...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 26, 2023 09:27

Gazza
ds1984
The strange thing is that she performed many times with Mick but guested only one time with the full band, in 1981.

Three times. She guested at all of the Meadowlands shows that year.

yeah another proof the stones are great poeple : they helped Turner bounce back when her career hit rock bottom as well as they did for Etta James in 1978 (she was offered an opening spot at some of the gigs).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-26 12:56 by dcba.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 26, 2023 10:03

ProfessorWolf

ditto

love the music (he more then deserves his legacy as a pioneer and brilliant musician)

despise the man who made it

there is no rehabilitating his reputation whether or not the women he tortured and abused are still here to tell the world what he did to them

Plural but Tina was the only one smart enough to cash in. How much? We will never know because she was also smart enough to move to Switzerland.

Posted by: Dolf ()
Date: May 26, 2023 12:35

Why isn ‘t this topic Made sticky? Tina and the Stones are so affliated with each other!! What a woman, what a performer, what a voice! We will miss you Tina! Rip!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 26, 2023 13:09

Dan

Plural but Tina was the only one smart enough to cash in. How much? We will never know because she was also smart enough to move to Switzerland.

I've always understood that the move was less financial, but more to do with Europe being where she had her greatest success. Of course, that could be code for financial, I don't know. She certainly went as far as to become a citizen of Switzerland and renounce her U.S. citizenship.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 26, 2023 13:12

RIP to a true one of original talent.

Saw her show in PERTH in 1985. Amazing

Rod

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 26, 2023 16:30

French/German public TV-broadcaster arte remembers Tina Turner with 2 broadcasts on 26-May-2023:

- 2019 documentary 'Tina Turner - One of the Living' (53 mins) - [www.arte.tv] , [www.arte.tv] ,

- 1988 concert 'Live in Rio' (13 Tracks / 74 mins) - [www.arte.tv] , [www.arte.tv] .

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 26, 2023 17:35

"Tina Turner was a ‘Force of Nature’ onstage

I knew her for 3 decades

Whenever we met, she was always friendly and humerus

And she would refer to me as ‘Mr Cool’

She will be sorely missed

Bill Wyman

PS: Photo is ‘Sharing a Joke’ backstage at the Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles 11th Oct 1981

Photo courtesy of the Bill Wyman Archive"

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 26, 2023 20:25

By Keith Richards: "I am so saddened to hear of Tina’s passing. There is so much I would like to say about her but feel I am at a loss for words. She was the most wonderful and warm person with whom I’ve been friends since the early 60’s. She was one dynamic performer I ever have known. She had a great voice and a beautiful feel for a song. I will miss her forever! My deepest condolences to her family. Rest in Peace, Tina!"

[Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com]

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 26, 2023 23:13

Irix
By Keith Richards: "I am so saddened to hear of Tina’s passing. There is so much I would like to say about her but feel I am at a loss for words. She was the most wonderful and warm person with whom I’ve been friends since the early 60’s. She was one dynamic performer I ever have known. She had a great voice and a beautiful feel for a song. I will miss her forever! My deepest condolences to her family. Rest in Peace, Tina!"

[Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com]

So heartfelt from Keith, lovely.
RIP Tina.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 26, 2023 23:15

Big Al
Dan

I've always understood that the move was less financial, but more to do with Europe being where she had her greatest success. Of course, that could be code for financial, I don't know. She certainly went as far as to become a citizen of Switzerland and renounce her U.S. citizenship.

Don’t believe it was anything financial. She has said that she moved to Switzerland with Erwin Bach, her Swiss partner at the time and eventual husband. She would’ve qualified for Swiss citizenship through her length of residence and/or her later marriage ro him (not sure when she acquired the citizenship).

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 26, 2023 23:45

Beast
Big Al
Dan

Don’t believe it was anything financial. She has said that she moved to Switzerland with Erwin Bach, her Swiss partner at the time and eventual husband. She would’ve qualified for Swiss citizenship through her length of residence and/or her later marriage ro him (not sure when she acquired the citizenship).

Erwin Bach is not from Switzerland! He's from Cologne/Germany. They moved together to Switzerland in the 1990s!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 27, 2023 01:31

My bad for just assuming he was Swiss! Thanks for the correction. Did he also become a Swiss citizen?

Date: May 27, 2023 01:55

Beast
My bad for just assuming he was Swiss! Thanks for the correction. Did he also become a Swiss citizen?

I thought it was for sale but apparently there is some sort of process for getting citizenship if you invest in the country or buy property. David Bowie was also a Swiss citizen.

Posted by: 3ddie ()
Date: May 27, 2023 01:59

Was this already here?

Acid Queen/Tommy

This is starring Tina, Keith Moon, Roger Daltrey, Oliver Reed.
Tina: Vocals; Ronnie Wood: Guitar; Kenny Jones: Drums; Nicky Hopkins: Piano; Phil Chen: Bass.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 27, 2023 02:42

This week I've read Tina saying that she moved to Europe because she was more successful there and she felt less discrimination there than in the States. She met her German husband first in the Dusseldorf airport, and she later moved to Switzerland where he had a home.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-27 04:55 by angee.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 27, 2023 05:09

3ddie
Was this already here?

Acid Queen/Tommy

This is starring Tina, Keith Moon, Roger Daltrey, Oliver Reed.
Tina: Vocals; Ronnie Wood: Guitar; Kenny Jones: Drums; Nicky Hopkins: Piano; Phil Chen: Bass.

Not yet--ty.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: May 27, 2023 10:44

Ronnie Spector and Keith Richards duet on this cover of It's Gonna Work Out Fine, originally done by Ike and Tina Turner...

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: May 27, 2023 13:02

RIP - Queen of Rock n’ Roll- “River Deep Mountain High”

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: May 27, 2023 14:32

What an amazingly inspirational life. From picking cotton to picking diamonds. She was absolutely electric on a stage. That incredible voice, red lips, combined with the mad dancing in 5inch spike heels was her trademark.I wish she stayed in and toured more in the US but many black artists did prefer Europe to the US.
Nina Simone, Billie Holiday, James Baldwin.They did not find the prejudice they endured in the US. I'm so happy I saw her perform in Philly before the final tour. Rest in love Tina Turner!

Date: May 27, 2023 20:09

angee
This week I've read Tina saying that she moved to Europe because she was more successful there and she felt less discrimination there than in the States. She met her German husband first in the Dusseldorf airport, and she later moved to Switzerland where he had a home.

I know this Swiss chick who is totally crazy but I wonder if she has citizenship and could be talked into going back.

That's one thing I would do almost anything for, even her.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 27, 2023 21:16

Dan, do you have some personal issue with Tina, because you seem to spam this thread people are mourning her loss? Very disrespectful in the moment like this.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-27 21:50 by Doxa.

Date: May 27, 2023 21:57

Doxa
Dan, do you have some personal issue with Tina, because you seem to spam this thread people are mourning her loss? Very disrespectful in the moment like this.

- Doxa

My friend got a life size cardboard Tina for $15 he wouldn't sell to me for $100. Probably worth more now.

Kinda sucks how she slandered Ike in her movie though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-27 21:59 by Dan.

Posted by: rubysunday ()
Date: May 28, 2023 00:02

Dan
Doxa

- Doxa

My friend got a life size cardboard Tina for $15 he wouldn't sell to me for $100. Probably worth more now.

Kinda sucks how she slandered Ike in her movie though.

What really does suck is that this man was abusive towards her and made a living hell out of her life. Depicting the actions someone had towards you in a movie about your life, especially when they played a major part in it, is not slandering them.
Tina was a very positive person who always promoted self-belief and strived to inspire hope and strength in others and bring happiness to the people coming to see her shows, she did that despite claiming herself that she felt that overall she didn't have a good life in major part due to the abuse she suffered - even though she found incredible recognition and success and did find love and happiness later in life.
After her divorce, she completely rebuilt her career herself. She was an inspiration for women in situations of abuse, the very least would be to be respectful to her in a thread dedicated to her after her passing.
RIP Tina.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 28, 2023 02:52

Well said, rubysunday. Tina wasn’t just an exceptional singer and performer and wonderful person, she was a strong, independent woman and a survivor. It’s sad that some men are so threatened by that.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 28, 2023 03:09

I was at both the Oct. 9th and 11th Stones shows at the L.A. Coliseum in 1981 (my first Stones shows!), and it would have been fantastic had Tina jumped on stage with the Stones to perform a tune or two.
Kind of surprised she didn't in fact, but maybe she was mainly there to see Prince? Or maybe Bill has his data wrong and this pic is from the Meadowlands shows where she did join them on stage?
Unfortunately I never did see Tina live, but I have very fond and vivid memories of watching her wildly energetic performances on tv when I was very young in the late '60's/early '70's.

Cristiano Radtke
"Tina Turner was a ‘Force of Nature’ onstage

I knew her for 3 decades

Whenever we met, she was always friendly and humerus

And she would refer to me as ‘Mr Cool’

She will be sorely missed

Bill Wyman

PS: Photo is ‘Sharing a Joke’ backstage at the Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles 11th Oct 1981

Photo courtesy of the Bill Wyman Archive"

[twitter.com]

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: May 28, 2023 16:08

R.I.P. Ms Turner, a true legend. She is much missed.

Some information about Tina and Japan:
* She toured Japan five times — 1970, 72, 74 as Ike & Tina Turner, 85 and 88 as a solo artist (I saw the latter two in Osaka).
* By 1988, she undoubtedly rose to a huge stardom in Japan. Her tour that year, which would turn out to be her last in the country, saw her performing three stadium shows (Yokohama) and five arena shows (two in Tokyo and three in Osaka).
* Her final Japan tour coincided with Mick’s much-hyped solo tour. At Mick’s second Tokyo Dome show, March 23, she guested on It’s Only Rock n’ Roll and Brown Sugar. In turn, Mick turned up for the encore at Tina’s first Osaka night, March 27, duetting on Honky Tonk Women (I was there and, needless to say, the crowd went nut!).
* Perhaps, though, the most intriguing of Tina’s Japanese connection is her conversion to Buddhism via Soka Gakkai, the controversial religious group that saved her from the predicament stemmed from the infamous abuse she got from Ike. I recall that, in the tail end of 1985, during her post-Christmas Japan tour, a weekly photo journal scooped her visit to one of the group’s headquarters (in Shizuoka IIRC).

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-28 17:51 by RisingStone.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 28, 2023 16:27

Tina’s childhood schoolhouse is now a museum.

‘I’m very proud it’s there’: how Tina Turner’s one-room school became a museum
In Tennessee, the late singer’s tiny schoolhouse has become a museum containing memorabilia sent by the star herself

[www.theguardian.com]

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1660
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home