Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Anita Pallenberg Gets Her Own Documentary
Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 31, 2023 15:03

Pietro
According to Variety magazine, there is a new documentary about Anita Pallenberg called "Anita." It's "one of the darkest portraits of the rock world," the magazine says.

"Anita" review

Interesting review but, Anita and Keith were never married.

Re: «Anita» - new Anita Pallenberg documentary premieres at Cannes Film Festival
Date: May 31, 2023 17:41

What a judgmental piece of crap that reviewer is, While also getting his facts wrong.I'd prefer to read more about the film rather than an idiot's opinion on sex, drugs, rock n roll, bad behaviour and all that jazz. Still, the Stones still bring that out of a certain kind of person.

Re: «Anita» - new Anita Pallenberg documentary premieres at Cannes Film Festival
Posted by: slakka ()
Date: June 1, 2023 00:23

Please tell me Marianne's in this!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 1, 2023 00:33

I am wondering if this docu only gets attention because of the Stones connection?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 1, 2023 08:41

Koen
I am wondering if this docu only gets attention because of the Stones connection?

Taken that she is most known for the Stones (and Keith) connection I think it is pretty natural. No matter how connected she was with whatever and whoever, the world got to know her primarily as Brian's stunning girl friend. She also pretty much disappeared from the eyes of the world after her separation with Keith. But I think she has quite big name for that - probably the most legendary rock and roll muse, if Yoko don't count - her name alone brings the connection, no explanation needed. Actually it is not just 'Stones connection': She is a part of the Stones story and mythology.

But who knows if there are BARBARELLA fans out there who couldn't care less the Stones connection...

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-01 08:59 by Doxa.

Date: June 1, 2023 09:37

steffialicia
Pietro
According to Variety magazine, there is a new documentary about Anita Pallenberg called "Anita." It's "one of the darkest portraits of the rock world," the magazine says.

"Anita" review

Interesting review but, Anita and Keith were never married.

I don't think the article claimed that. As far as I noticed it just said her being "a partner of Keith Richards".

But yeah, an interesting review. I liked the way the idiom 'sex, drugs and rock and roll' was treated there (although I don't totally agree with it). Of course, after a half Century or so it is natural that some old myths are opened a bit or rethought, and not just in terms of nostalgy. Concepts change.

Looking forward, among other things, seeing those private tapes the article mentioned about Anita and Keith's 'ordinary life'. Still recall when the photos from Nellcote were released, giving a bit different picture to the (real) life surrounding those legendary sessions. Part of me thinks, 'this is private stuff, none of my bloody business', but some other part, the one justifying my fanboy curiosity, thinks: 'this is a part of cultural history, and the Stones are not just a band, but a way of life'...

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-01 10:31 by Doxa.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 1, 2023 09:43

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 1, 2023 16:00

Doxa
... Part of me thinks, 'this is private stuff, none of my bloody business', but some other part, the one justifying my fanboy curiosity, thinks: 'this is a part of cultural history, and the Stones are not just a band, but a way of life'...

- Doxa

Ah, so it's not just me who sometimes feels guilty for not growing up and spending more time thinking about things that actually matter grinning smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 2, 2023 17:13

Rockman

Love this picture, Rockeee, ty! cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 2, 2023 19:35

I look forward to seeing this, either online or in a cinema. But any serious follower of RS history will not be surprised at the content. Spanish Tony and Barbara Charone painted a clear picture of Keith and Anita's squalid life.

Additionally, Keith had a nanny at Nellcote and Switzerland, June Shelley, who also wrote a book about it.

Even When it Was Bad...It Was Good

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-11 17:10 by Bliss.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 2, 2023 19:52

MadMetaphoricalMax
....I'd prefer to read more about the film rather than an idiot's opinion on sex, drugs, rock n roll, bad behaviour and all that jazz. Still, the Stones still bring that out of a certain kind of person.

I think SHE brought that out in them!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Anita movie 2023
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: July 18, 2023 09:58

Any where tips where you can stream or download the movie ?

Re: Anita movie 2023
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 18, 2023 12:34

Where can I watch Anita documentary 2023?

Currently you are able to watch "Anita" streaming on Amazon Prime Video, fuboTV, MGM Plus Amazon Channel, Paramount Plus Apple TV Channel , Starz Apple TV Channel, Starz Roku Premium Channel, MGM Plus Roku Premium Channel, Starz, DIRECTV, MGM Plus, GuideDoc, Starz Amazon Channel or for free with ads on FILMRISE.

Posted by: Yazid Manou ()
Date: August 3, 2023 12:09

Let's hope we could get it on TV one day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-03 12:12 by Yazid Manou.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 3, 2023 13:25

Yazid Manou

via Bliss:

Currently you are able to watch "Anita" streaming on Amazon Prime Video, fuboTV, MGM Plus Amazon Channel, Paramount Plus Apple TV Channel , Starz Apple TV Channel, Starz Roku Premium Channel, MGM Plus Roku Premium Channel, Starz, DIRECTV, MGM Plus, GuideDoc, Starz Amazon Channel or for free with ads on FILMRISE.

that is TV

Date: August 3, 2023 13:48

Rip This
Yazid Manou

via Bliss:

that is TV

Dammit, I have a bad TV. None of those can be seen from it..

- Doxa

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 3, 2023 15:46

Doxa
Rip This
Yazid Manou

via Bliss:

that is TV

- Doxa

That isn't a 'bad' TV. It's just not a 'smartTV'!

Date: August 3, 2023 15:56

Doxa
Rip This
Yazid Manou

via Bliss:

that is TV

- Doxa

Be patient, after a little time it's for free on youtube. winking smiley

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 5, 2023 18:03

I looked in DirecTV, Amazon Prime, and Paramount+ and couldn't find it. I'm in the US if that's makes a difference.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 6, 2023 23:45

kovach
I looked in DirecTV, Amazon Prime, and Paramount+ and couldn't find it. I'm in the US if that's makes a difference.

Same here. Far as I can find you can't buy it, rent it, or see it anywhere in the U.S. Even Amazon has no listing.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: August 7, 2023 01:43

The Anita on Amazon is Anita Hill, not pallemberg

C

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 7, 2023 23:50

liddas
The Anita on Amazon is Anita Hill, not pallemberg

C

A poor substitute.

Catching Fire: The Story of Anita Pallenberg
Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: October 5, 2023 12:08

i had the chance to see the movie yesterday at the filmfestival in zurich. it will probably come to cinemas later the year. its just awesome. lots of unseen material from the 60ies and 70ies. parties at brians flat, marocco-trip, keith skiing in switzerland, backstage stuff. mixed with comments of marlon who had to grow up in this crazy inviroment. its also a very honest movie. very close, often funny, also sad. a great portrait of a very inspiring, but at times also really broken woman. if you have the chance to see it, do it!

Rolling Stones Muse Documentary ‘Catching Fire: The Story of Anita Pallenberg’ Picked Up by Magnolia for North America (Variety)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-05 13:13 by bv.

Re: Catching Fire: The Story of Anita Pallenberg
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 5, 2023 15:38

thanks

i'm really looking forward to seeing this

i'll have to drive likely 75-120 miles to a theater that would show it but i have a feeling it'll be worth it

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: October 5, 2023 17:04

I've seen a few short videos and can't wait to see this one

Date: October 5, 2023 22:52

Thank you for your review! Really looking forward to seeing it.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-05 22:53 by Doxa.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 5, 2023 23:59

Thanks for the review guitarbastard I'm a bit skeptic looking to the story of Anita, but I see that Marlon is one of the executive producers so it wouldn't be that sad

Your quote: its also a very honest movie. very close, often funny, also sad

So you made me curious...................

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: October 7, 2023 18:53

Here's Anita in an old movie: "Candy"

Link good for FIVE days only:

[www.sendgb.com]

Info:

[www.imdb.com]

[en.wikipedia.org])

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 7, 2023 19:40

‘She enjoyed her power over men’: memoir reveals anarchic life of Rolling Stones’ muse Anita Pallenberg

As a film drawing on Pallenberg’s autobiography opens, her son Marlon Richards talks about life with her and Keith

[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 7, 2023 20:46

"Interludes not included in the film include three weeks in a cell in Jamaica, beaten up by cops and tossed in the men’s cell in a Kingston prison that had held the pirate Henry Morgan."

Ah so that's not a Tony Sanchez fabrication after all, or is that the source, or is the fabrication only the part where Keith told him to have the guy who turned Anita to the cops iced?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2010
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home