Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
James Burton & RONNIE WOOD - June 4th - London Palladium
Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: May 7, 2023 15:21

Hi,

For those of you in the UK, James Burton, the legendary Elvis Presley guitarist has announced a show at the London Palladium on 04 June 2023.

The concert is advertised as "James Burton and Friends".

"Joining James in this special one-off event are Sir Brian May, Van Morrison, Albert Lee, and Jeff “Skunk” Baxter, with more surprise guests to be announced.

Musical Director Leo Green, along with the Leo Green Orchestra – a fantastic ensemble of topflight musicians and singers, form the supporting cast for this unique event."

Proceeds from the show will go to The James Burton Foundation, a non-profit organisation that supports music education for those in need through guitar donations and music instructions."

James was diagnosed with kidney Cancer in 2022, which is in remission, but this could be the last opportunity to see him in the UK given his health vulnerabilities.

Cheers,
SonicD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-30 14:13 by bv.

James Burton & RONNIE WOOD - June 4th - London Palladium
Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: May 27, 2023 12:58

Tickets on sale now...

[lwtheatres.co.uk]

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Re: James Burton & RONNIE WOOD - June 4th - London Palladium
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 27, 2023 13:38

Fantastic news, rock on Ronnie smoking smiley

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 27, 2023 13:42

Hey everybody...Ron Wood and Paul Schafer have just been added to this star studded show. Click on this link and get your tickets fast for this show in London on June 4th. It's going to be a great one. Please share this post with all your friends in the London area.

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 27, 2023 13:53

Already had a ticket and am now looking forward to it even more!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 27, 2023 14:31

James Burton - LEGEND.

And hats off to Ronnie - as busy as he continues to be, hoping he finds the time to record and release a new solo album soon!

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 27, 2023 18:09

Wow! Burton's been there. Go back and check out the early recordings of Ricky Nelson. Some great playing on them by Burton. He's also on Gram Parson's Grievous Angel album and some early Emmylou Harris if I remember right. Proud to say I own one of his James Burton standard telecasters. It's my primary electric guitar named The Black Pearl by my daughter because of its color.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: May 27, 2023 18:19

Hairball
James Burton - LEGEND.

And hats off to Ronnie - as busy as he continues to be, hoping he finds the time to record and release a new solo album soon!

Yes, that's a good idea!

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: May 27, 2023 18:52

He’s on the hugely influential Byrds’ Sweetheart Of The Rodeo LP, played in Stephen Stills Manassas, and was a mainstay in Elvis’ TCB Band. Sounds like a great night of music.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-27 18:56 by Javadave.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: May 27, 2023 19:20

Wow thats a stacked lineup!
London gets all the good shows.

Posted by: Dalgtor ()
Date: May 28, 2023 07:07

That's amazing. I've always wanted to see Burton play. Hopefully he'll do more shows.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 28, 2023 09:00

Javadave
He’s on the hugely influential Byrds’ Sweetheart Of The Rodeo LP, played in Stephen Stills Manassas, and was a mainstay in Elvis’ TCB Band. Sounds like a great night of music.

And was responsible for all the great guitar-work on those wonderful Ricky Nelson recordings! Oh, and Dale Hawkins’ Suzie Q. Quite a career!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 30, 2023 15:18

Ronnie has in recent years learnt that keeping busy is the key to staying off the wacky pop and crisps. grinning smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 30, 2023 16:11

Ronnie doesn't make the calls within the band. It's usually a sign of no activity in the band when Ronnie starts freelancing. He has been given heads up by Commander.
A musician needs to keep busy though so it's a wise decision by Ronnie.

Date: May 30, 2023 17:58

Stoneage
Ronnie doesn't make the calls within the band. It's usually a sign of no activity in the band when Ronnie starts freelancing. He has been given heads up by Commander.

When Ronnie gets busy like this you can bet on Stones activity following shortly after.

Date: May 30, 2023 18:39

Robert Plant is now being slated to put in an appearance:

[ledzepnews.com]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 30, 2023 22:50

DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

When Ronnie gets busy like this you can bet on Stones activity following shortly after.

Exactly. Some years ago Ronnie said - much to my surprise - that he doesn't play guitar much at all if there is no Rolling Stones activity in sight. Then he starts to rehearse again. Otherwise he prefers painting, etc.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-30 22:52 by Doxa.

Date: May 31, 2023 07:28

Beast
Robert Plant is now being slated to put in an appearance:

[ledzepnews.com]

Excellent.thumbs up

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 31, 2023 13:35

Where is Keith at the moment? The US or UK?

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: June 1, 2023 08:19

Ronnie keeping his chops well-oiled!

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: June 2, 2023 09:06

Ronnie has always loved playing and performing with different artists, always has and most guitarists love to play with Ronnie.
This certainly allows him to stay trained ... then he likes it and I really don't think it's a question of money, many concerts have been done for charity.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 3, 2023 00:58

Who will attend the show and post some details here?

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: June 3, 2023 16:18

I'm going. I wouldn't rely on my photography skills but I will try to report.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 3, 2023 17:54

Lady Jayne
I'm going. I wouldn't rely on my photography skills but I will try to report.
A lot of fun and a great evening!

Date: June 4, 2023 16:33

For anyone who hasn’t received the updated show times sent out this morning by the venue, James Burton & friends are now due on stage at 7.30 pm (not 8 pm).

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: June 4, 2023 16:38

smoking smiley

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 4, 2023 19:30

video: [youtu.be]He played guitar on my favorite Elvis performance, The Wonder of You

Date: June 4, 2023 19:45

Legendary rock and roll guitarist James Burton, who will be instantly recognisable to Elvis Presley fans around the world, is to make a rare return to London for a special one-night-only concert event.

Joining Burton in this special one-off event are Sir Brian May, Van Morrison, Ronnie Wood, Albert Lee, Jeff “Skunk” Baxter, John Oates and Micky Dolenz.

Musical Director Leo Green, along with the Leo Green Orchestra – a fantastic ensemble of topflight musicians and singers, form the supporting cast for this unique event.

Presenting the evening is Welsh singer, songwriter, and radio presenter Cerys Matthews, MBE, who currently hosts her own award-winning radio show on BBC 6 music every Sunday, as well as The Blues Show on BBC Radio 2, each Monday.

Featuring songs including Love me Tender, Hello Marylou, Blue Suede Shoes, Great Balls of Fire, I’m a Believer, Daydream Believer, Rhinestone Cowboy, Wichita Lineman, These Boots Were Made For Walking, Ricky Don´t Lose That Number, I Put a Spell on You and Johnny Be Good.

One of the most recognised musicians to emerge during North America’s burgeoning rock and roll, rockabilly and country music eras, Burton’s name has since been attached to such legendary artists as George Harrison, Elvis Presley, Ricky Nelson, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash, The Everly Brothers, John Denver, Emmylou Harris, and Merle Haggard, and on 1000s of recordings. His innovative use of banjo strings on his guitar in the 1950s to bend and stretch notes, coupled with his unique ‘chicken pickin’ playing style revolutionised rock, country and pop guitar and continues to inspire and influence artists across all generations to this day.

He holds a place in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, inducted by long time fan and friend Keith Richards in 2001, and has also been recognised by the Rockabilly Hall of Fame.

[lwtheatres.co.uk]

Date: June 4, 2023 21:28

Looking forward to seeing some videos, especially Albert Lee, Jeff “Skunk” Baxter, Robert Plant, and Van Morrison.
And will there be any surprise guests? The show is about to begin...have a great time to all who are there. thumbs up

James Burton & Friends - London Palladium, June 4
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 5, 2023 00:01

With Ronnie and Brian May.

[twitter.com]

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2156
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home