Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

My fault Keith shot his guitar
Posted by: josepi ()
Date: April 24, 2023 06:46

This story is so unusual (even unbelievable) that I have only told a few friends until now. It's my very favorite Stones story. I have no proof that it was me.

A couple years back someone on iorr.org posted a link to a guitar auction. The auction was for a guitar that Keith shot:

[gottahaverockandroll.com]

Here's where I come in:

Like a lot of us, I discovered the internet during the VL tour. The FIRST thing I did was to seek out other Stones fans. I joined Compuserve, alt.rock-n-roll.stones, and the Undercover mailing list. I think that was about all there was at first. No World Wide Web yet. Some of you were probably posting there, too. One of the first things I did was request for the Stones to put "Shine a Light" in the set list. As some of you may remember, Mick put the song into rotation because of an internet post. I don't recall anyone else requesting the song and I searched hard and long after reading why it made the set. Without that request, "Shine a Light" would probably never have made the set list, the LP/CD/Video would have been named something else, and the guitar probably would have been locked up in storage and it would still be in one piece today.

I claim the blame! Keith... I'm sorry you shot your guitar, please forgive me.

Re: My fault Keith shot his guitar
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: April 24, 2023 09:54

josepi

Like a lot of us, I discovered the internet during the VL tour. The FIRST thing I did was to seek out other Stones fans. I joined Compuserve, alt.rock-n-roll.stones, and the Undercover mailing list.

The Undercover mailing list is still going strong after 30.5 years!

josepi
I think No World Wide Web yet.

Pedantically it did exist. See [www.pewresearch.org] Those of us working in universities were beginning to hear about it.

I'll agree that the unprecedented release of the WWW into the public domain, which had the most astonishing impact, didn't take place until 1993.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-24 10:04 by CaptainCorella.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1129
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home