Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: STONES Interview - Keith is so embarrasing
Posted by: mago ()
Date: December 1, 2005 22:46

Actually I think Keith was funny. The Stones are always funny in interviews, they pull the legs of the jounalists. Compare that to many artists who take themselves so seriously.But obviously we have different sense of humour.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 1, 2005 22:51

right on mago...i think all 4 stones looked great...ronnie seemed fine...is fine!
in fact he seemed right at ease...love it when jagger/richards crack each other up! very funny!

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: December 1, 2005 23:09

Normally Keith can get embarrasing but this time i found it really funny. I don't think he was drunk, he was just really bored IMO. Mick was laughing after a lot of remarks by Keith. The only differents was that Mick is so serious about this and Keith just doesn't care for the stupid questions. He made fun of a lot of things and Mick tried to awnser them seriously although he also found some of them stupid.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: December 1, 2005 23:23

Keith was cool back in the 70's when he was the silent one and no one could see what he was thinking. And everyone had his/her own picture of him.
But I think he is more happy now when he's on the booze instead of (?) heroin.
Yes, he WAS embarrasing at the interview, like he is sometimes.
But I've even seen him sharp and interesting and we all know his wonderful quotes.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: December 1, 2005 23:44

He's drunk alright!

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: December 2, 2005 00:28

I couldn't get it from the link. What exactly did Keith do or say?

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Posted by: poor immigrant ()
Date: December 2, 2005 05:10

Damn. I wasn't gonna watch this because I thought you were overreacting, but it was far worse than I ever could've imagined. Keith was just smashed. As a recovering alcoholic, I could see right away how messed up he was. Felt bad for Mick trying to MC the whole thing. Charlie and Ronnie just seemed bored. Keith happily, blissfully ignorant of any professional obligation. I hate to say it, but he just seemed like a pathetic drunken old man. No charm at all. Bad sexual innuendo and tired jokes.

Brutal

Posted by: gia43 ()
Date: December 2, 2005 18:25

Keith is definetely not trying to pretend he s something that he s not! that s why some find him embarassing...the whole situation was awkward, but it was nice of them to sit thru it and joke around! mick -who did most of the talking- was really polite to everyone but he was repeating the same stuff..still, i couldn t hear the questions!! mick sure knows how to play the game, but i don t think we should complain about that now..! he was always that way!!

Who the f*ck is Mick Jagger?

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: December 2, 2005 18:33

Can anyone supply a mpeg etc for us mac users to see..... looks like I'm missing a classic

Go on Baboon, your bound to help???????

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: December 2, 2005 18:52

HaHa yeah its lame, but I think Keith was just trying to remember where Sweden is, these guys played so many thousands of gigs,one town looks like the next,
Mick is the real dork on this one, he always trys to say the names of the towns in the local lingo, like hes a diplomat or something, the corporate side really is clear.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 2, 2005 18:53

They acted like teenagers instead of cool rockers

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: December 2, 2005 18:54

Not a bad move in my book when your in your sixties..... what's the alternative? Phil Collins????

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: December 2, 2005 19:54

Two reasons that I thank Keith...Because of him is the reason I play guitar..and because of him is the reason I quit drinking...nothing worse than an old drunk! Hey...hes part of the family..gotta love him.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: December 2, 2005 20:02

Keith is Keith. I don't think he is embarrasing at all. I have seen no difference in him for 25 years. I think he is true to himself.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: December 2, 2005 20:49

Ok it was "car crash" viewing but was hilarious. Mick and Keith were the only ones enjoying themselves. Charlie and Ron looked totally bored. As for Keith not being witty - I thought he was hilarious:

Compere: "We're just waiting for Germany to come in"
Keith: "Thats what they said last time"

Keith: Ah Holland, such a hard place to leave"
Mick "Lets not go there Keith"

Not exact quotes but you get the gist...

Posted by: gia43 ()
Date: December 2, 2005 20:57

Exactly they are brilliant!!! How can one complain?

Who the f*ck is Mick Jagger?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 2, 2005 21:23

I dont care about his "embarassing interviews", 'good to be here..good to be everywhere', way of talking or acting.....let's stop to talk crap.
Let's talk about his Riff...this matters.

Posted by: jeroen starink ()
Date: December 2, 2005 22:05

stop bitching like women about Keef,

Thanx to the man who put the link on Internet. Keef is Keef. he does not like interviews that late and those questions he has heard 2 million times. Respect for the man, and for all the Stones !! Welcome to Holland next Year!! Bye jeroen

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: December 2, 2005 23:25

Oh get real yes Keith is shy but half of what he does on camera or in a interview is all part of his act Keith will always act silly on camera.

Posted by: Tonyboy ()
Date: December 2, 2005 23:46

stop whining people...

Posted by: keefstheman ()
Date: December 3, 2005 00:09

Just one thing to say......Keefstheman!!

Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: December 3, 2005 00:51

It does seem so corporate though, doesn't it?

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: December 3, 2005 02:03

Think KR was kidding when he made reference to the pills Mick takes (afterwhich Mick gave him a short dirty look)?

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: December 3, 2005 02:22

Well...
Keith was funny all the way!! I can only speak for Sweden, but he was very funny when he was talking bout the cities here: He talked about "Jönköping" for instance - "I want to play there!!!" - I mean, how many of you hav even thought of "Jonkoping". He´s still very awere and alert. Mick talked about Stockholm and Gothenborgh. Keith says: "Jonkoping". He was obviosly remembering the place !!!

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: December 3, 2005 02:45

My two penneth worth:

Charlie was Charlie, quiet and bemused.

Ron seemed fine to me and definitely not drunk.

Mick was a real professional and quite witty sometimes.

Keith was as he usually is at these things. He may have been tipsy but he didn't seem particularly drunk to me - compare his sluring when he's really drunk, he was pretty coherent this time.

It's amazing how many different impressions there can be of the same thing!

Posted by: cc ()
Date: December 6, 2005 07:12

Can anyone repost the video? My home internet access was down last week... thanks.

cc

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2060
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home