Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Why no Stones satellite radio channel
Posted by: illyad1960 ()
Date: April 18, 2023 22:03

The Beatles have one, Springsteen has another, The Grateful Dead have theirs.Even Tom Petty and Perl Jam. Why not the Worlds Greatest Rock n Roll band?

Re: Why no Stones satellite radio channel
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 18, 2023 23:32

What do you mean by satellite Radio? Here in Germany it's either terrestrial or digital. In South Germany we have a digital Rolling Stones Station by Regenbogen 2.

[www.radio.de]

I don't know if you can access it from other countries.

Edit: I just read sattelite radio is available in the USA. Here in Germany it's mostly unknown.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-18 23:34 by hockenheim95.

Date: April 18, 2023 23:33

You don't want Stones as a satellite.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 19, 2023 02:39

illyad1960
The Beatles have one, Springsteen has another, The Grateful Dead have theirs.Even Tom Petty and Perl Jam. Why not the Worlds Greatest Rock n Roll band?

They have had one occasionally on SiriusXM coinciding with tours and/or latest product. In general, it wasn't too good. Ex. - every other song being off of Rarities or latest Vault release.

It could be so great with a mix of Stones hits, album cuts, influences, solo stuff, peers, etc. - kinda like The Beatles channel. Alas, it was not. If they would hire me as Program Director, now you're talking....

Rockman or bv would also be good!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 19, 2023 05:09

I would imagine the Stones, as always, control what is played. They also don't care for overexposure. Everything they do has a reason, promoting a tour, a new release. You know they're not going to dump a new album in the middle of the night. There'll be new interviews with Keith and Mick. They'll talk about Charlie, the cuts he's on, and how it's different working without him.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 19, 2023 06:10

I believe it was the Beatles who were the very first band to have their own satllite radio station here in the USA.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 19, 2023 07:58

illyad1960

In regard to my awareness Sirius is mostly a car (automobile in general) thing.

Is there another service? I don't know.

The other thing may be the amount of paying subscribers. Or possibly copyrights not aligning with whatever. Not sure what is intact for Bruce etc to always have a channel.

If it's the band's management saying No, that makes zero sense given vlassic rock in the United States.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1726
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home