Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Chuck to be part of Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute at CMT Music awards
Posted by: Crackinup ()
Date: March 30, 2023 20:18

From Rolling Stone:

An all-star cast of guitar heroes, vocalists, and sidemen will pay tribute to Lynyrd Skynyrd at the 2023 CMT Music Awards.

Guns N’ Roses guitarist Slash, ZZ Top’s Billy Gibbons, and Gov’t Mule’s Warren Haynes will all plug in their axes for a performance of two yet-to-be-named Skynyrd hits, while Texas country star Cody Johnson and Bad Company’s Paul Rodgers turn up the vocals. Chuck Leavell, the longtime Rolling Stones keyboardist, is also in the band, along with bassist Ethan Pilzer and drummer Rich Redmond.

It’s a well-curated lineup for the Southern rock icons and boasts keen attention to detail: The tribute will even honor Skynyrd’s backup vocalists known as “The Honkettes,” with Wynonna Judd and LeAnn Rimes providing harmonies.

The salute to Skynyrd is two-fold — it marks the 50th anniversary of the band’s 1973 debut album, and remembers guitarist Gary Rossington, who died March 5 at 71. Rossington was the last original member of Lynyrd Skynyrd; he also survived the infamous 1977 plane crash that killed singer Ronnie Van Zant and guitarist Steve Gaines.

The 2023 CMT Music Awards air live from Austin’s Moody Center on Sunday, April 2, on CBS.

Re: Chuck to be part of Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute at CMT Music awards
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 3, 2023 15:32

I thought this was a pretty good tribute. I also think I saw Chuck playing Keys with The Black Crowes and Darius Rucker....

She Talks To Angels

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 3, 2023 17:23

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: April 3, 2023 18:25

Great performance!

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: April 4, 2023 05:43

VoodooLounge13
I thought this was a pretty good tribute. I also think I saw Chuck playing Keys with The Black Crowes and Darius Rucker....

She Talks To Angels

Yep, good catch on Chuck. In addition, Chris Robinson is sporting a silver tongue logo pendant!

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: April 4, 2023 14:38

Thanks for posting that Elmo!

Wow! Gives me goose bumps listening to that!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 4, 2023 15:35

You're welcome. Great performances all around.

And Leann Rimes - what a hottie!

Posted by: Crackinup ()
Date: April 4, 2023 15:40

I'm sure they wanted to include someone to appeal to the younger fans but to me, Cody Johnson and his incessant hamming added nothing to the performance.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 4, 2023 19:09

wineaux
VoodooLounge13

She Talks To Angels

Yep, good catch on Chuck. In addition, Chris Robinson is sporting a silver tongue logo pendant!

Yes, I had noted that as well!!!! To me it was more the Robinson Bros with Darius' band, or were the rest of that cast the current Crowes' lineup?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1982
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home