Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: OT: PowerTrip 2023
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 30, 2023 19:50

Power Trip 2023 - official website: [PowerTrip.live] .

Tickets starting Thursday, April 6 at 10AM PT.

More: [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] .

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 30, 2023 21:19

Guns'n'Roses announced a show in Vancouver at BC Place on Oct 16 which is the final show of their 2023 tour. Apart from this Powertrip show, they're also playing San Diego and Sacramento on the west coast so might get a lot of die hard fans from the Pacific North West driving up to Van to see the show. It's also the only show in Western Canada.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: March 31, 2023 01:26

AC/DC and Tool would be good. The rest...meh.

In 2016 for Desert Trip, pit tickets were a quarter of the original price a week before the fest.

Epic venue with top notch production. Yes it was hot.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 31, 2023 11:06

DGA35
Guns'n'Roses announced a show in Vancouver at BC Place on Oct 16 which is the final show of their 2023 tour. Apart from this Powertrip show, they're also playing San Diego and Sacramento on the west coast so might get a lot of die hard fans from the Pacific North West driving up to Van to see the show. It's also the only show in Western Canada.

Are you going Vancouver gig? Think I’m saving my $ for 3 Stones gigs.

Date: March 31, 2023 21:22

babyblue
DGA35

Not a huge G'n'R fan so I doubt I'll go to see them. Weren't they just here last summer?

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 1, 2023 03:33

DGA35
babyblue
DGA35

Not a huge G'n'R fan so I doubt I'll go to see them. Weren't they just here last summer?

It’s been 6 years since they were here last I believe. Axl’s voice is shot to pieces though and the drummer is pretty bad… I’ll probably got if I can get in for $60-80 and they’re barely worth that right now. The novelty of Slash & Duff being back has wore off, it’s been 7 years and only 2 (reworked & poor) singles have been released. No new music.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 1, 2023 09:13

I hope some new music from AC/DC.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: April 1, 2023 09:36

It's a shame nobody here seems to know about power trip the band. If Metallica's ride the lightning is among your faces, like it is for me, then do pick up any of their records.
power trip
Riley gale, the singer, is one of the many opoid deaths in the US.
I'm surprised the organizers of the festival don't get sued by the remaining band members for using the Power Trip name.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 1, 2023 09:48

THE AGE --- 01 April 2023

ROCKMAN

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: April 1, 2023 16:15

No, thanks...

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: April 1, 2023 16:54

daniel t
No, thanks...

thumbs up

I don't understand how people are still listening to these bands when they are grown adults.

Date: April 1, 2023 17:06

TheBlockbuster
daniel t
No, thanks...

thumbs up

I don't understand how people are still listening to these bands when they are grown adults.

I use my ears.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 1, 2023 17:19

Whale
It's a shame nobody here seems to know about power trip the band. If Metallica's ride the lightning is among your faces, like it is for me, then do pick up any of their records.
power trip
Riley gale, the singer, is one of the many opoid deaths in the US.
I'm surprised the organizers of the festival don't get sued by the remaining band members for using the Power Trip name.

The gig is called PowerTrip, not Power Trip. So maybe the band Powertrip could sue Goldenvoice. Or sue the band called Power Trip.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 1, 2023 17:49

TheBlockbuster

Like listening to Portishead, drinking expensive cocktails and pretending I'm sophisticated and hip at 50?

No thanks I'll keep Angus or papa Het close to my heart... and my ears.

Date: April 1, 2023 17:51

dcba
TheBlockbuster

Like listening to Portishead, drinking expensive cocktails and pretending I'm sophisticated and hip at 50?

No thanks I'll keep Angus or papa Het close to my heart... and my ears.

thumbs up

Date: April 1, 2023 18:50

Dan

The gig is called PowerTrip, not Power Trip.

Not really, if you look at the gig's official website - [PowerTrip.live] - as well as their social media (see links above). It says "Power Trip" and in 2016 it was called "Desert Trip".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-01 19:05 by Irix.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 1, 2023 21:35

A shame Spinal Tap isn't involved...but then again, this whole thing reeks of Spinal Tap.

Date: April 3, 2023 22:46

It was 41 years ago today that Brian Johnson was named new lead singer for AC/DC! Only about a month and a half after Bon Scott died.

Date: April 3, 2023 22:55

It's 43 years ago (1980) when Brian Johnson became the lead singer of AC/DC - before the release of the 'Back in Black' album.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 3, 2023 23:02

Hairball
A shame Spinal Tap isn't involved...but then again, this whole thing reeks of Spinal Tap.

Remember, they are professionals!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 5, 2023 02:09

Should be called Pricy Trip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-05 02:09 by babyblue.

Date: April 5, 2023 02:38

Irix
It's 43 years ago (1980) when Brian Johnson became the lead singer of AC/DC - before the release of the 'Back in Black' album.

Ha, my mistake! Fingers not entering what my mind is thinking! One of their first shows was in Vancouver in July 80 just before it was released. The headline for the concert review in the Vancouver Sun was This Highway To Hell One Big Headache!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 5, 2023 02:42

Doxa
Not directly connected, but I've been watching an ad poster at my local bus stop for upcoming Metallica shows in Helsinki in July. It is called 'No Repeat Weekend'. Interesting concept: two shows, two different setlists, two different warming acts. Starting with 129 Euros, so not so bad price for the whole package (for the fans, I mean. Not that I would go).

- Doxa

Hey, that is a pretty good price! (Not that I would go either.)

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 5, 2023 17:49

This should be an incredible weekend...

Despite what some here think, Metallica is an absolute monster LIVE and they've got a new album coming out next week.
Global premiere listening party is being held in thousands of movie theaters the night before. They are world-class.

PLUS, the mighty AC/DC is BACK!!!

See ya in the desert.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 5, 2023 18:03

Danny Carey (TOOL). Best active rock drummer...

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: April 5, 2023 19:03

The supreme irony of long-in-the-tooth Rolling Stones fans dissing these bands is obviously lost on many here.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 5, 2023 19:49

rbk
The supreme irony of long-in-the-tooth Rolling Stones fans dissing these bands is obviously lost on many here.

Yes, the art of selective criticism. Quite fascinating.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-05 19:49 by powerage78.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 5, 2023 20:06

powerage78
rbk

Yes, the art of selective criticism. Quite fascinating.

To be fair, the Stones get more than their fair share of criticism here!
But lets be honest - despite all of their deficiencies, the Stones are FAR superior to any of these bands. Always have been, and always will be.
That said, still waiting on a new album of originals from the Stones after nearly two decades...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-05 20:16 by Hairball.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 5, 2023 22:40

I like a lot of music and listen to it: TOOL, Rolling Stones, Portishead and so on. No need on this forum to degrade anyones taste.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 6, 2023 22:41

DGA35
It was 41 years ago today that Brian Johnson was named new lead singer for AC/DC! Only about a month and a half after Bon Scott died.

I recall finding out on a TV Show with Casey Kasem call "America's Top Ten". Big news as a 15 year old 'rocker'!

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1966
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home