Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Ronnie Wood at the The Ivy Club, London March 23, 2023
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 2, 2023 14:32

River Deep , Mountain High

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: April 2, 2023 14:58

...by a small group,I like it ! ..a renaissance for this title...

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 2, 2023 16:31

thanks lien for posting those two new videos

we now seem to have videos of almost all the songs performed according to nico

the two missing ones being per nico

"- Every Night About This Time (Antoine Domino) -Imelda May on lead vocals,
unverified

Lewis Boogie (Jerry Lee Lewis) -Ben Waters on lead vocals"

does anyone have these two songs (or more) and can you share them?

i'm trying to assemble a dvd of this show for everyone and would like it to be as complete as possible

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-02 16:32 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: April 2, 2023 18:58

Here's 37 seconds of Lewis Boogie

[www.instagram.com]

N

Date: April 2, 2023 19:46

NeddieFlanders

[www.instagram.com]

N

thanks

but how do i download that?

i've never had luck with downloading from instagram

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: April 3, 2023 01:20

ProfessorWolf
NeddieFlanders

[www.instagram.com]

N

thanks

but how do i download that?

i've never had luck with downloading from instagram
Use free software ClipGrab. It works. Just did it.

Date: April 3, 2023 03:20

thanks i'll do just that

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: April 3, 2023 07:16

More full songs going up on my YouTube Channel. Sorry for the delay, it will all be there soon! Subscribe and hit the bell to be notified of new material ;-)

Date: April 3, 2023 08:07

thanks matt

THIS ONE IS NEW!

did you get ben waters doing lewis boogie as well?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-03 08:08 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: April 3, 2023 08:13

More coming... yes, I have everything, just grappling with phone memory! Deleting with care...

Lewis Boogie up now...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-03 09:16 by mattleeuk.

Date: April 3, 2023 10:42

mattleeuk
More coming... yes, I have everything, just grappling with phone memory! Deleting with care...

Lewis Boogie up now...

thanks man your awesome as usualgrinning smiley

your efforts are appreciated

Date: April 3, 2023 15:18

It was harder than usual to get great angles with the mic stand right in front of me. There is a great video from the back showing 30-40 people watching. It was so intimate.

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: April 3, 2023 15:56

mattleeuk
It was harder than usual to get great angles with the mic stand right in front of me. There is a great video from the back showing 30-40 people watching. It was so intimate.

Thanks a lot for sharing these wonderful videos. A fantastic Ronnie Wood with great support.

Date: April 4, 2023 08:30

mattleeuk

regardless you did great

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 4, 2023 10:17

Chanel Haynes, what a fantastic singer !

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 4, 2023 15:43

Thank you Matt!!!

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: April 4, 2023 15:51

Yes, Ronnie having the intelligence to bring along Chanel to make up for his poor vocals and guitar work, he really is Mr Lucky, he's spent his life surrounded by talent, but after watching these YouTube clips ( and after just being ecstatically happy Ronnie is still there ) i come away thinking there are thousands of musicians better at singing and playing, i wonder how favourable the reviews would be if he was an unknown player down the Red Lion Pub in my local.
Without a doubt Chanel stole the show, she's really something else, let's hope we get to see her along with Sasha this coming tour, remember in 89' 90' tour when we had two back up girls with Bernard.

[youtu.be]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-04 16:08 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 4, 2023 16:41

Big thanks to Matt and everyone else for the videos and reviews etc. smileys with beer

Date: April 5, 2023 05:07

crawdaddy
Big thanks to Matt and everyone else for the videos and reviews etc. smileys with beer

I only started doing videos in 2021 as most of my friends couldn’t make the shows. It’s a real privilege to be able to share the joy.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: April 5, 2023 08:34

mattleeuk
crawdaddy

I only started doing videos in 2021 as most of my friends couldn’t make the shows. It’s a real privilege to be able to share the joy.

Thanks a lot Matt! smileys with beer
And keem them comming! thumbs up

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: April 5, 2023 15:52

keefriffhards
Yes, Ronnie having the intelligence to bring along Chanel to make up for his poor vocals and guitar work, he really is Mr Lucky, he's spent his life surrounded by talent, but after watching these YouTube clips ( and after just being ecstatically happy Ronnie is still there ) i come away thinking there are thousands of musicians better at singing and playing, i wonder how favourable the reviews would be if he was an unknown player down the Red Lion Pub in my local.
Without a doubt Chanel stole the show, she's really something else, let's hope we get to see her along with Sasha this coming tour, remember in 89' 90' tour when we had two back up girls with Bernard.

[youtu.be]
Good unknown guitarists who ask the question aren't so good if they ask the question.
Music is art, otherwise no guitarist could ever compete with a computer.
Obviously, famous guitarists at a certain age capitalize on what they have done in their life and can afford what the unknown on duty is not allowed.

Great videos, thanks for posting them.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 5, 2023 16:53

keefriffhards

Other way round, Chanel was Ms Lucky to have sang for Ronnie!

I mean, she is a great singer indeed, but Ronnie Wood is, well, Ronnie Wood, one of the best rock and roll artists of all times!

Don't know where the Red Lion Pub is, but if those who play there are anywhere close to Ronnie, well, give me the address because I absolutely have to go there!

C

Date: April 6, 2023 10:28

liddas
keefriffhards

I mean, she is a great singer indeed, but Ronnie Wood is, well, Ronnie Wood, one of the best rock and roll artists of all times!

Don't know where the Red Lion Pub is, but if those who play there are anywhere close to Ronnie, well, give me the address because I absolutely have to go there!

C

Honestly mate he's not a great guitarist, he's just Ronnie, he's never been ranked high in any list has he, but he's Keiths sidekick and for that he gets a free pass from most Stones fans.
I think he was good with the Faces and when he first joined the Stones but you can't put him up there with Taylor, world's apart in my opinion and it's just my opinion.

You say he's one of the best Rock and Roll artists of all time, come on that's embarrassing even Ronnie's most ardent followers would cringe at that statement.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: April 6, 2023 14:31

Ronnie Wood personifies rock'n'roll - in all its positive and negative forms. His playing maybe sloppy and erratic - yet he has a sense of joy and drive.

Date: April 6, 2023 14:42

windmelody
Ronnie Wood personifies rock'n'roll - in all its positive and negative forms. His playing maybe sloppy and erratic - yet he has a sense of joy and drive.

Yeah I'd go along with that, we don't love him because he's an original or a Clapton, we love him for the weaving and interlocking with Keith, the bum notes don't matter, it's his charm and lose approach.
He can be infuriating though especially the decades when he couldn't perform well due to addiction, he let the band down for so many years it's hard to forget.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: April 6, 2023 14:56

keefriffhards

Yeah I'd go along with that, we don't love him because he's an original or a Clapton, we love him for the weaving and interlocking with Keith, the bum notes don't matter, it's his charm and lose approach.
He can be infuriating though especially the decades when he couldn't perform well due to addiction, he let the band down for so many years it's hard to forget.

True.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: April 7, 2023 20:31

keefriffhards
liddas
keefriffhards

C

Honestly mate he's not a great guitarist, he's just Ronnie, he's never been ranked high in any list has he, but he's Keiths sidekick and for that he gets a free pass from most Stones fans.
I think he was good with the Faces and when he first joined the Stones but you can't put him up there with Taylor, world's apart in my opinion and it's just my opinion.

You say he's one of the best Rock and Roll artists of all time, come on that's embarrassing even Ronnie's most ardent followers would cringe at that statement.

Just that you refer to «ranking lists» makes me laugh. And that is my opinion.

Date: April 8, 2023 03:08

To get in the top 100 etc it helps to be original or at least distinctive in your sound, nothing funny about it.

Date: April 8, 2023 12:14

keefriffhards
To get in the top 100 etc it helps to be original or at least distinctive in your sound, nothing funny about it.

just my opinion

but i think ronnie has a very distinct and reconizable sound

at least to me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-08 12:17 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 8, 2023 12:21

Around the early to mid 60s there was quite an explosion of blues talent in and around London, and in other British cities. Many of those musicians are still around and playing, and the more of them you hear, the more you realise how much it was a matter of luck (apart from a few truly outstanding people) whether they ended up in a band that was a huge international success, a moderate UK success, or a popular local group playing at the Red Lion or the blues club to small but appreciative crowds. To say that Ronnie has been lucky is not to downplay his skills - but among many fine musicians he was one who was in the right places at the right times to enjoy the rewards for his talent.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1571
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home