Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Keith in New York , March 19
Posted by: stones2 ()
Date: March 21, 2023 16:17

the plot is very dense ..... the mystery is more fascinating than the answer. ..... and we unfortunately without tours with thousands of hotels booked and suspended.....

Posted by: stones2 ()
Date: March 21, 2023 16:25

hello BV, nothing transpires ? ..nothing is known?

thank you and congratulations for the Iorr site...

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 21, 2023 21:27

More Hot Rocks
DandelionPowderman
VoodooLounge13
And the plot thickens....so not one of the main 3 that seems to be the injured one....

How can you tell?

I was wondering the same thing. You can’t look at a picture and say that person isn’t injured. It’s a cell phone pic not an x ray

No you can't, but if the core members are out and about, then they're capable of walking and moving about. No known injuries apparently. Certainly if any of the 3 of them were, the tabloids would have been allllllllll over it like flies on sh. If it is indeed an injury, I am thinking maybe it's something a bit more internal and medically related - perhaps one of them has a colesterol that's a little too high for insurance, and they needed to go on pills to get it down before the insurance could be secured. It could be a non-core member. We'll likely never know.

Date: March 21, 2023 21:56

No problem moving about with a sprained wrist. Hard to play with it, though. Again, just an example.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-21 21:56 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 22, 2023 06:36

Topi
lem motlow
Guessing and coming up wrong again, like the 19 tour was gonna be arenas, they were quitting for sure when Charlie passed..I don’t think “insider” means what’s inside your head.
Glad the band and everyone around them are fine, seems it was a logistical thing all along.

A logistical thing? They had booked the whole tour (12 shows in the US and 2 in Canada). What logistical thing would have caused them to scrap that all of the sudden? I don't think they book all those venues if they don't have their logistics figured out.

We’re all just guessing, in all the time I’ve been here I’ve seen exactly two insiders. BV of course and the late stonesrule.
Anyone else a quick check of their posting history you can see they guessed a couple things right and you see a bunch of nonsense also.of course half the people forget the nonsense part.
It’s not like there are a hundred variables here,it can only be a couple of reasons.
BV said they had”planned” 12/2 not booked them big difference. If they booked 12 NFL stadiums (at around $500,000 a night) and pulled out everyone would know and the media would be asking questions.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 22, 2023 07:26

The venues are booked (holds placed) long before official announcements are made.

The tour was to start in the west and continue on to east. I don't believe they pulled out because of logistics. BV's post in the tour thread yesterday did not indicate it was a logistical issue either.

Also, BV wrote earlier (on February 12) that they had "reserved venues in North America".

[iorr.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-22 07:39 by Topi.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 22, 2023 07:39

Topi
The venues are booked (holds placed) long before official announcements are made.

The tour was to start in the west and continue on to east. I don't believe they pulled out because of logistics. BV's post in the tour thread yesterday did not indicate it was a logistical issue either.

So what do you think it is? I’m at a loss.
Maybe we should have gone with the injury thing but made our posts read like a fortune cookie,we could look like deep undercover insiders.

Date: March 22, 2023 07:43

What do I think it is?

Judging by BV's post yesterday, one of the principals is/was not ready to tour this summer, despite everything having been planned and ready to be announced.

Sounds like a personal issue rather than logistics.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-22 11:20 by Topi.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: March 22, 2023 18:17

Irix
VoodooLounge13

And the plot thickens....so not one of the main 3 that seems to be the injured one....

Could also be Chuck Leavell who has been injured. In his spare time he works as a tree farmer. With the Stones he does more than just playing Piano - he manages the setlists and on stage he's the musical director (knowing the timing & elements of the songs). Maybe Chuck cannot be simply replaced by Matt Clifford?

Chuck is fine. He's been busy filming his series "America's Forests with Chuck" all over the U.S. since the Sixty Tour wrapped. He's also got a few appearances scheduled in which he'll be performing, beginning this weekend in New York.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-22 18:20 by BFR.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 22, 2023 18:30

BFR

Chuck is fine.

That's good to hear. thumbs up

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 22, 2023 19:05

BFR
Chuck is fine. He's been busy filming his series "America's Forests with Chuck" all over the U.S. since the Sixty Tour wrapped. He's also got a few appearances scheduled in which he'll be performing, beginning this weekend in New York.

Trouble No More has cancelled their upcoming shows in Boston and NYC.

[jambands.com]

Date: March 22, 2023 19:25

bye bye johnny

But the reason seems not to be Chuck. On 21-Mar-2023 he posted on [www.Instagram.com] that he was just back from filming his 11th episode of America’s Forests.

There're also currently no news about the TNM cancellation on Chuck's social media - [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] .

Date: March 22, 2023 19:30

bye bye johnny

"Unfortunately, the Event Organizer has had to cancel your event." - [Concerts.LiveNation.com] , [www.Ticketmaster.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-22 19:35 by Irix.

Posted by: rbp ()
Date: March 23, 2023 03:29

windmelody
rbp
I would think any of the support musicians the Stones have on stage could be replaced three months out from scheduled start of tour. Don't think they would be the reason for postponing the tour. Could be wrong of course.

The support musicians, or at least most of them, have been on the road with the Stones for many years. I have strong doubts that Leavell, Jones or Fowler could be replaced easily. The Stones need musicians who can interact with the weaving and the elegant sloppiness.

Wasn't so difficult replacing Charlie at short notice. Still believe any of the 3 you mentioned could be replaced. My point is that I don't believe the issue is with any of the support musicians including the 3 you mention, rather Mick, Keith or Ronnie.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: March 23, 2023 03:33

bye bye johnny

[jambands.com]

Interesting. That’s news to me, I wonder what the cause was.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: March 23, 2023 11:53

windmelody
rbp
I would think any of the support musicians the Stones have on stage could be replaced three months out from scheduled start of tour. Don't think they would be the reason for postponing the tour. Could be wrong of course.

The support musicians, or at least most of them, have been on the road with the Stones for many years. I have strong doubts that Leavell, Jones or Fowler could be replaced easily. The Stones need musicians who can interact with the weaving and the elegant sloppiness.

If they can replace Charlie they can replace Chuck, and remember it wasn't Mick, Keith or Chuck who failed the medical.

Date: March 23, 2023 12:43

^ How do you know who allegedly failed a medical?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-23 12:43 by Topi.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 23, 2023 12:58

Please stop these endless speculations on injuries, illness, medical, who, what when and so on. It is all personal, and unless there is a public statement from the band, it is all just wild speculations. You simply do not speculate on other people's health.

Bjornulf

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 23, 2023 16:22

BFR
bye bye johnny

[jambands.com]

Interesting. That’s news to me, I wonder what the cause was.

Poor ticket sales.
These venues were ambitious for this band.
Before the cancellations I looked on TM for tickets and it looked like there were less then 100 tickets sold for the Beacon.
There were also $17 tickets avaialable on Stubhub.

Date: March 23, 2023 16:55

spikenyc

Poor ticket sales. These venues were ambitious for this band.

This would also explain why there's still no comment by Chuck Leavell about the cancellations on his social media.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1628
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home