Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT - Check Out The Nerve of the Doobie Bros....
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 15, 2023 19:09

Javadave
Who’s in the band these days?

I recall that they had Little Feat’s Bill Payne for a while, but he announced he was leaving them to focus his energies on Little Feat.

Saw them at the Gorge around 2010 opening on a triple bill with The Allman Brothers and The Dead. A good day of music all around, with the ABB set exceptional.

Current members on this tour are Tom Johnston, Patrick Simmons, John McFee and Michael McDonald, not sure who the rest are.

Just bought tickets for Abbotsford show on Oct 28. Arena holds about 7000 for hockey, only one level. Got endzone seats for $67 Canadian each all in so less than $50 US.
One thing I don't like these days, not sure if it's everywhere, is that the first four seats closest to the aisle are now called preferred seats and they charge extra for them. I think for this show, similar seats would have been $85.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 15, 2023 20:03

Spodlumt
They are playing two nights at the Mayo Theatre in Morristown, NJ. Not an arena, but a small theatre. VIP seats down front? $563.00 each.

For The Doobie Brothers?

Playing a small theatre justifies it far more than it does when its an arena or a stadium

I dont get the last bit. Is it inconceivable that a LOT of artists have a fanbase who really like them enough to buy pricey concert tickets?

This is the entertainment business model that bands like the Stones were the forerunners in creating. Now we see that it's filtered down to almost everyone else.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 15, 2023 20:19

Gazza
Spodlumt
They are playing two nights at the Mayo Theatre in Morristown, NJ. Not an arena, but a small theatre. VIP seats down front? $563.00 each.

For The Doobie Brothers?

Playing a small theatre justifies it far more than it does when its an arena or a stadium

I dont get the last bit. Is it inconceivable that a LOT of artists have a fanbase who really like them enough to buy pricey concert tickets?

This is the entertainment business model that bands like the Stones were the forerunners in creating. Now we see that it's filtered down to almost everyone else.

There are still people here who think the Rolling Stones is the only band people love enough to pay a lot of money to see, when in reality, now it's pretty much almost everyone.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 16, 2023 18:19

DGA35
Javadave
Who’s in the band these days?

I recall that they had Little Feat’s Bill Payne for a while, but he announced he was leaving them to focus his energies on Little Feat.

Saw them at the Gorge around 2010 opening on a triple bill with The Allman Brothers and The Dead. A good day of music all around, with the ABB set exceptional.

Current members on this tour are Tom Johnston, Patrick Simmons, John McFee and Michael McDonald, not sure who the rest are.

Just bought tickets for Abbotsford show on Oct 28. Arena holds about 7000 for hockey, only one level. Got endzone seats for $67 Canadian each all in so less than $50 US.
One thing I don't like these days, not sure if it's everywhere, is that the first four seats closest to the aisle are now called preferred seats and they charge extra for them. I think for this show, similar seats would have been $85.

Ha!

Even with a day delay I also went in and grabbed those cheapo seats. Great deal. Best thing is its a pretty small venue, watched John Mellencamp, Fogerty and Meatloaf from those seats and it was a great experience.

My only regret with cheap seats was way back when I saw Prince at I think it was GM Place. A mind blowing show that I should have coughed up the big dollars to see it up close.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1897
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home