Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT - Check Out The Nerve of the Doobie Bros....
Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: March 13, 2023 00:55

They are playing two nights at the Mayo Theatre in Morristown, NJ. Not an arena, but a small theatre. VIP seats down front? $563.00 each.

For The Doobie Brothers?

Re: OT - Check Out The Nerve of the Doobie Bros....
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 13, 2023 01:25

I guess if that includes meet/greet/souvenir package then why not? Have to be a pretty die hard Doobies fan to pay that much though!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 13, 2023 01:26

Spodlumt
They are playing two nights at the Mayo Theatre in Morristown, NJ. Not an arena, but a small theatre. VIP seats down front? $563.00 each.

For The Doobie Brothers?

News flash: Concerts are expensive.

And a presumption: The Doobie Brothers are someone's favorite band and probably have fans in New Jersey.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 13, 2023 01:34

I saw them in Hawaii back in 1981...they were excellent!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 13, 2023 02:07

I saw them for free at The Big E in Massachusetts many years back. I like them, but for me, that was the right price!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 13, 2023 04:01

I gotta say I wouldn't pay that price, but is it 'nerve', or just an understanding of their market, and therefore business acumen?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 13, 2023 04:07

Those are VIP seats as you have said. Find a VIP seat cheaper. John Fogerty, Rod Stewart , Santana all are more. The list goes on.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 13, 2023 12:43

DGA35
I guess if that includes meet/greet/souvenir package then why not?

And free doobies.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 13, 2023 15:15

The market sets the price. If people are willing to pay, ....

Date: March 13, 2023 16:27

I guess that’s what you pay if you want to listen to the music.....

Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: March 13, 2023 16:31

The pre Michael Macdonald Doobies could be a good rocking band back in the day. Seems steep but if they are your favorite that is up to you.

Date: March 13, 2023 16:40

They are playing 35 dates in North America, not one of them is in California. Seems odd, is there a reason for that?

Date: March 13, 2023 17:33

Elmo Lewis

That’s the problem. It is us.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 13, 2023 17:40

Manofwealthandtaste
They are playing 35 dates in North America, not one of them is in California. Seems odd, is there a reason for that?

this tour has hit LA twice at least

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: March 13, 2023 19:16

If people buy the $563 tickets then that is what they're worth.

15-16 years ago the Doobie Brothers played a 3,000 capacity amphitheater at an art museum and park in my town. Hoity-toity crowd and venue. Tickets were $110, or so, and that stirred up a mighty ruckus. Then it sold out. Then they came back the following summer to the same place and did it again.

After a couple Covid postponements the Doobies played the hockey arena here last summer. Not quite a sell out (11,000) the median ticket price was about $110.

Date: March 13, 2023 19:26

People complain all the time if prices. Look at Springsteen. Guess what? Sold out again. The only way it’s going to stop is that people stop going. That’s not going to happen.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 13, 2023 19:27

Spodlumt

For The Doobie Brothers?

I wouldn't be interested but standard tix range from $95-$295 which seems reasonable enough for them especially considering it's a 1300 seat venue.
VIP apparently includes sound check etc etc.

Date: March 13, 2023 20:43

More Hot Rocks
Elmo Lewis

This is no different than the choice of going to an expensive restaurant or not.

You can't afford it, I know I can't all the time, so I eat at home or go to McDonalds (well, let's say I avoid McD's but that's for other reasons).

If you can't afford great seats at a concert, get poorer seats, you'll still have a great time. If you can't afford that, or even buying music, there is a free spotify option, or youtube.

In sum, this 'issue' is really not an issue at all.

Date: March 13, 2023 22:01

Hey Treacle, Doobies are playing Abbotsford on Oct 28, Amex presales start on Wednesday. I saw them there several years ago, decent show, not a huge fan, but if tickets are cheap, I might get them.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 13, 2023 22:37

I saw them on their farewell tour in '82. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 14, 2023 02:08

pit tickets were $1500 dollars for the stones two years ago at the hardrock in hollywood fl

three times the price for the doobie brothers

which makes sense since the stones are at least three times betterwinking smiley

(just for the record i'm a doobie brothers fan but come on)

Date: March 14, 2023 16:05

DGA35
Hey Treacle, Doobies are playing Abbotsford on Oct 28, Amex presales start on Wednesday. I saw them there several years ago, decent show, not a huge fan, but if tickets are cheap, I might get them.

Thx for the heads up DeeG, I might actually do it. I think I'm in the same fan range as you with this, but I just bought tix to Lionel Richie (well...you have to take the bride places sometimes, right?) so I'm expanding my viewing habits a bit.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 14, 2023 18:23

"pit tickets were $1500 dollars for the stones two years ago at the hardrock in hollywood fl"

Oh, really, Mr. Wolf, did you buy one? I thought they were more like 1000-1100, depending.
In that case, still twice as much for three times as good, huh?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 14, 2023 19:36

treaclefingers
More Hot Rocks
Elmo Lewis

This is no different than the choice of going to an expensive restaurant or not.

You can't afford it, I know I can't all the time, so I eat at home or go to McDonalds (well, let's say I avoid McD's but that's for other reasons).

If you can't afford great seats at a concert, get poorer seats, you'll still have a great time. If you can't afford that, or even buying music, there is a free spotify option, or youtube.

In sum, this 'issue' is really not an issue at all.

I tend to agree but only because I'm somehow past caring. Which is strange, I do still care for the music very much but I can't imagine any concert being worth 500$. Including the Stones. The experience is ephemeral in nature and so people raise their phones for the bragging rights

Date: March 15, 2023 00:21

treaclefingers
DGA35

Thx for the heads up DeeG, I might actually do it. I think I'm in the same fan range as you with this, but I just bought tix to Lionel Richie (well...you have to take the bride places sometimes, right?) so I'm expanding my viewing habits a bit.

So just an update..."check out the nerve" should be updated to "check out the fans" of the Doobie Bros.

Tried getting tickets right when I replied to you oritginally, which was before 10 am and it said nothing available. I've tried periodically throughout the day and still nothing. So sold out I guess? Wow, that's pretty good.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 15, 2023 00:32

angee
"pit tickets were $1500 dollars for the stones two years ago at the hardrock in hollywood fl"

Oh, really, Mr. Wolf, did you buy one? I thought they were more like 1000-1100, depending.
In that case, still twice as much for three times as good, huh?

oh dear god no!

i am poor (and as far from florida as i can be in the continental us)

at best i have $150 to spend on something that isn't related to food, meds, or bills at any given time and that's a stretch

i mean i'd have given give both my feet to see them there but combined they aren't worth that much

your probably right about the price i was just going off what i remember and folks general shock at how high the prices were

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-15 00:36 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: March 15, 2023 00:38

treaclefingers
treaclefingers
DGA35

So just an update..."check out the nerve" should be updated to "check out the fans" of the Doobie Bros.

Tried getting tickets right when I replied to you oritginally, which was before 10 am and it said nothing available. I've tried periodically throughout the day and still nothing. So sold out I guess? Wow, that's pretty good.

Presales don't start until tomorrow for American Express!

Date: March 15, 2023 14:44

The Doobie Brothers are signed to Irving Azoff Music Management.

Azoff has also managed The Eagles since the beginning of their career.

Back in the early 90's, tickets to see The Eagles in concert were expensive.

An article from 2009 below in relation to the above.

The Price of the Ticket - What does it take to get to see your favorite band?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-15 14:47 by MrForeverMusicFan.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 15, 2023 16:57

MrForeverMusicFan
The Doobie Brothers are signed to Irving Azoff Music Management.

Azoff has also managed The Eagles since the beginning of their career.

Back in the early 90's, tickets to see The Eagles in concert were expensive.

An article from 2009 below in relation to the above.

The Price of the Ticket - What does it take to get to see your favorite band?

Although this was written in 2009, all six of the old legacy acts that they mentioned may soon need to be replaced, are still touring.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: March 15, 2023 18:24

Who’s in the band these days?

I recall that they had Little Feat’s Bill Payne for a while, but he announced he was leaving them to focus his energies on Little Feat.

Saw them at the Gorge around 2010 opening on a triple bill with The Allman Brothers and The Dead. A good day of music all around, with the ABB set exceptional.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1596
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home