Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Mick in London, March 12
Date: March 14, 2023 16:07

GGDILF doesn't ring as nicely...

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 14, 2023 19:39

I read the article in The Times this morning. I must admit it made me chortle. Good on old Milk. He obviously has a sense of humour!

Posted by: stones2 ()
Date: March 19, 2023 16:17

however we have the certainty that Mick and Ron are around and are well ... the problem of the tour will certainly be logistical .....

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 19, 2023 16:30

stones2

... the problem of the tour will certainly be logistical .....

Someone credible said it was an injury - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 19, 2023 16:53

Rockman
Diamond in tooth still there ..... good dental work

Learned something new. Never knew Mick had a diamond in his tooth. When did that happen?

Re: Mick in London, March 12 / DILF
Date: March 19, 2023 16:56

DeanGoodman
The Times wrote a big piece about Mick's hat. We've come a long way from "Who Breaks a Butterfly on a Wheel?"

Are you a dilf like Mick Jagger?

At an Arsenal match over the weekend, the 79-year-old Mick Jagger, father of eight, grandad to six and a great-grandfather to three, wore a cap declaring his alternative identity as “DILF”. The acronym stands for Dad I’d Like to F***/Fornicate/Fumble/Fool around with etc. (Presumably the shop didn’t have any hats with G-GDILF embroidered on the front.)

The stitched letters were small, but made a big claim of its wearer — that he is old but still hot. That with an 80th birthday just around the corner, he remains sexually active, randy, naughty and available. Still something of an — ahem — swordsman, even as his ninth decade beckons, Mick wore it, possibly, with a soupçon of irony (Christopher Andersen, the rock star’s biographer, once estimated that the Rolling Stone frontman has slept with more than 4,000 women) but took care to endorse his self-anointed dilf status with another key accessory — his son.

More at subscriber-only link: [www.thetimes.co.uk]

4000 women...that's almost 1/week for all 80 years. That seems absolutely absurd. Could he have had that many 1-night stands?!?!?!? I am quite sure it is a LOT, but 4000???? Like Wilt Chamberlain, I just find these numbers sometimes to be ridiculous. Wasn't Bill rumored to be around there and that was like 30-40 years ago. I could be off on Bill's #, but I do recall reading something once that stated he'd slept with more than Mick at the time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-19 16:56 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: March 19, 2023 16:56

DeanGoodman
The Times wrote a big piece about Mick's hat. We've come a long way from "Who Breaks a Butterfly on a Wheel?"

At an Arsenal match over the weekend, the 79-year-old Mick Jagger, father of eight, grandad to six and a great-grandfather to three, wore a cap declaring his alternative identity as “DILF”. The acronym stands for Dad I’d Like to F***/Fornicate/Fumble/Fool around with etc. (Presumably the shop didn’t have any hats with G-GDILF embroidered on the front.)

The stitched letters were small, but made a big claim of its wearer — that he is old but still hot. That with an 80th birthday just around the corner, he remains sexually active, randy, naughty and available. Still something of an — ahem — swordsman, even as his ninth decade beckons, Mick wore it, possibly, with a soupçon of irony (Christopher Andersen, the rock star’s biographer, once estimated that the Rolling Stone frontman has slept with more than 4,000 women) but took care to endorse his self-anointed dilf status with another key accessory — his son.

Off topic, but The Laughing Gnome being one of your earliest musical memories caught my attention.. I used to have that on “repeat” (meaning I kept lifting the needle all afternoon)

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 19, 2023 21:52

it started with

"would you let your daughter marry a rolling stone?"

hopefully it doesn't end with

"are you a dilf like mick jagger?"

grinning smiley

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: March 20, 2023 01:50

The guy is basically 80 years old - GGGG(ILF?!)

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 20, 2023 05:40

Just to set things straight from my pov, in Las Vegas last time around, I was in a long line of lucky dippers. Behind me were three extremely good looking, very well-dressed women who appeared to be in their early to middle thirties, (much younger than me.) One was almost a dead ringer for Lea Seydoux, the actress. Always interested in Mick's appeal, I chatted a bit and then asked them if they were here "for Mick." They emphatically agreed, yes, yes, yes. I nodded, and said something like, well, yeah, just checking. I don't think some men understand his power, at any age, as much as many women do. DILF, indeed.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: March 20, 2023 07:05

angee
Just to set things straight from my pov, in Las Vegas last time around, I was in a long line of lucky dippers. Behind me were three extremely good looking, very well-dressed women who appeared to be in their early to middle thirties, (much younger than me.) One was almost a dead ringer for Lea Seydoux, the actress. Always interested in Mick's appeal, I chatted a bit and then asked them if they were here "for Mick." They emphatically agreed, yes, yes, yes. I nodded, and said something like, well, yeah, just checking. I don't think some men understand his power, at any age, as much as many women do. DILF, indeed.

I don’t doubt that, and as a heterosexual male, there have been times over the decades when I can clearly see him oooozing sex appeal. I have no problem admitting that. But 4,000 women!?!?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 20, 2023 08:05

VoodooLounge13
Rockman
Diamond in tooth still there ..... good dental work

Learned something new. Never knew Mick had a diamond in his tooth. When did that happen?

Wellllll, if my memory about reading such a thing is correct, sometime in 1975.

Pretty big "if" because I can't remember, specifically, but as I recall it was around the time of THE TOUR OF THE AMERICAS or whatever the hell it was called, their first tour without a new album, in 1975.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: March 20, 2023 12:17

Dear Mick,

For my taste, this "DILF cap" was a pretty lame joke.
You should be able to grow old with dignity.
Of course, this is just an opinion.
Unfortunately Charlie is no longer there to talk to you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-20 12:20 by 1962.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: March 20, 2023 13:03

VoodooLounge13
DeanGoodman

4000 women...that's almost 1/week for all 80 years. That seems absolutely absurd. Could he have had that many 1-night stands?!?!?!? I am quite sure it is a LOT, but 4000???? Like Wilt Chamberlain, I just find these numbers sometimes to be ridiculous. Wasn't Bill rumored to be around there and that was like 30-40 years ago. I could be off on Bill's #, but I do recall reading something once that stated he'd slept with more than Mick at the time.

4000 is an absurd exaggeration, purely designed to inflate the awe and admiration of young men who grew up in an era where the number of notches on your bedpost were considered to be the measure of your manhood. Anyone who buys into the myth has the mentality of a 15-year-old from the 1960s or 1970s.

No doubt Mick has slept with quite a few women, but he is also a very careful individual and aware that each woman (or should I say person?) that he beds could come back to tell salacious stories (true or false) to the media (or these days, on social media) about their encounter, or give him an STD, or pull off an unwanted pregnancy, or even physically attack him. Casual sex carries significant risks, especially when you are a mega-celebrity, and anyone who has engaged in it repeatedly can tell you it is a double-edged sword, an activity little more fulfilling or exciting than sleeping with a different prostitute night after night.

Mick is cunning and careful. He is no fool, and his lyrics reflect that. Just for one example:

And the doctors says you'll be okay
And if you'd only stay away
From femme fatales and dirty bitches
And daylight drabs and night time witches
And working girls and blue stockings
And dance hall babes and body poppers
And waitresses with broken noses
Checkout girls striking poses
And politicians' garish wives
With alcoholic @#$%& like knives

Drew

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-20 13:08 by drewmaster.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 20, 2023 13:35

VoodooLounge13
Wasn't Bill rumored to be around there and that was like 30-40 years ago. I could be off on Bill's #, but I do recall reading something once that stated he'd slept with more than Mick at the time.

In STONE ALONE Bill "deepthroat" Wyman shares us a story that around 1965, when they were on the road, all of them discussed about how many sexual encounters they have had with female fans. If memory serves the numbers were around: Bill 300, Brian 130, Mick 30, Keith 6 and Charlie 0.

Seemingly, Bill is one of those guys, like Gene Simmons, for whom numbers like this matter a lot. And you need to declare that in public. Probably something to do with that mentality drewmaster wrote above about.

Although Keith made fun of that in LIFE. He guessed that probably Bill was just having a tea with all these girls in his hotel room...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-20 13:39 by Doxa.

Date: March 20, 2023 13:48

Bill on his hot dog.

"If you don't c sharp you'll b flat". - Muhammad Ali.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-20 13:49 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: March 20, 2023 13:53

VoodooLounge13
angee

I don’t doubt that, and as a heterosexual male, there have been times over the decades when I can clearly see him oooozing sex appeal. I have no problem admitting that. But 4,000 women!?!?

Having had many women does not mean that he does not want a man instead and as far as we know he could have an underground homosexual relationship or more simply he is bisexual, but why should this be a problem for someone? Would he change anything? I think he would just be cooler.

Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: March 20, 2023 18:01

Mick is a self-proclaimed DILF! I wonder who bought it for him or if he purchased. It’s quite the conversation piece to say the least!

Date: March 20, 2023 19:47

Testify
VoodooLounge13
angee

Having had many women does not mean that he does not want a man instead and as far as we know he could have an underground homosexual relationship or more simply he is bisexual, but why should this be a problem for someone? Would he change anything? I think he would just be cooler.

I don't see it as a problem, Testify....just hard to imagine is all.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 20, 2023 21:15

ROCKMAN

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 21, 2023 00:40

TrulyMicks1
Mick is a self-proclaimed DILF! I wonder who bought it for him or if he purchased. It’s quite the conversation piece to say the least!

I think it makes sense that Melanie could have bought it for him.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Zotz ()
Date: March 21, 2023 02:15

There was an emerald before the diamond, looked like he had spinach stuck on his toot.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: March 21, 2023 13:50

VoodooLounge13
Testify
VoodooLounge13
angee

You don't have to imagine, he was found by his wife (?) in bed with David Bowie.
In addition Mick has lived in the midst of orgies of all kinds, I highly doubt that he has never had homosexual relations.

I don't see it as a problem, Testify....just hard to imagine is all.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: March 21, 2023 13:55

Nikkei
I wonder if this tooth diamond works in reality the way we know it from cartoons

How does it work in cartoons?

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: March 21, 2023 14:11

Zotz
There was an emerald before the diamond, looked like he had spinach stuck on his toot.

And before or after the emerald there was a ruby, when people kept telling him his gums were bleeding, so he finally changed it into a diamond.

Read this somewhere or saw it in an interview, believe Mick himself said so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-21 14:14 by dead.flowers.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 21, 2023 14:17

dead.flowers
Zotz

And before or after the emerald there was a ruby, when people kept telling him his gums were bleeding, so he finally changed it into a diamond.

Read this somewhere or saw it in an interview, believe Mick himself said so.

In the 1970s, Rolling Stones frontman, Mick Jagger, added a green sparkle to his radiant smile by putting a small emerald gemstone in one of his front incisors. It seemed a good choice for the effervescent frontman until he started receiving constant comments that he had spinach stuck in his tooth. How annoying. 

The emerald was replaced with his birthstone, a small ruby, until he became tired of people telling him that he had a spot of blood on his teeth. 

Jagger finally chose a small diamond to add that extra colourless bling. 
[firstbite.com.au]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-21 14:20 by Lien.

Posted by: sweet things ()
Date: March 21, 2023 17:06

Mick: "How come all the teenies ever want to do is tongue my diamond tooth?"

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 21, 2023 21:28

Doxa
VoodooLounge13
Wasn't Bill rumored to be around there and that was like 30-40 years ago. I could be off on Bill's #, but I do recall reading something once that stated he'd slept with more than Mick at the time.

In STONE ALONE Bill "deepthroat" Wyman shares us a story that around 1965, when they were on the road, all of them discussed about how many sexual encounters they have had with female fans. If memory serves the numbers were around: Bill 300, Brian 130, Mick 30, Keith 6 and Charlie 0.

Seemingly, Bill is one of those guys, like Gene Simmons, for whom numbers like this matter a lot. And you need to declare that in public. Probably something to do with that mentality drewmaster wrote above about.

Although Keith made fun of that in LIFE. He guessed that probably Bill was just having a tea with all these girls in his hotel room...

- Doxa

yeah 300 between 1963 and 1965 seems equally absurd to me

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 21, 2023 22:06

ProfessorWolf
Doxa
VoodooLounge13

- Doxa

300 in 3 years is only one every 3 days. Very possible when on tour, I'd say.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 21, 2023 23:39

ProfessorWolf
Doxa
VoodooLounge13

- Doxa

Absurd yeah, but I guess all of that is well documented in Bill's diaries. He has said he has kept number on them.

If true (and I am afraid it is), all I can say that Bill "Hot Dog" Wyman really took all the advantage for being an adored pop star on the road (with a wife and a kid at home). No opportunity wasted. The dude (the band mates called 'Ernie') was something like 27-29 years old then and the girls aged who knows what. This was when it all was still teen hysteria and before the 60's really took over with free love, 'professionalized'groupies, etc. Not probably something I would shout out that loud afterwards (not to mention these days), if I'd be Bill.

I sound like a moralist here I suppose, but there is something in otherwise cool and' normal' Bill Wyman I really have problems with... I mean, Brian, Mick and Keith, who at the time just turned twenty, were and would be hedonist rock stars and 'bad boys' by definition, and we would not expect nothing else but bad behavior from them, but 'more mature, the smart and morally more grounded' Bill supposedly belongs to another corner. But I guess it is pretty human after all to take the opportunity when the pleasures of life are offered like that and not every one is armed with such stoic principles as Charlie Watts..

But damn, to write proudly about that 25 years later (and just after the Mandy Smith fiasco) ... I just question his judgment.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-21 23:43 by Doxa.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1915
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home