Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Ginger Baker
Posted by: berlinjive ()
Date: March 2, 2023 04:40

Please,not interested hearing about Jack Bruce, or Ginger caning the director of his documentary.

I've not read any books about Ginger but, after looking around Internet nothing came up about him being arrested in bar brawls, assaulting paparazzi etc. Perhaps due to his addiction of choice not being alcohol ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-02 09:46 by bv.

Re: Ginger Baker & violence
Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: March 2, 2023 04:48

berlinjive
Please,not interested hearing about Jack Bruce, or Ginger caning the director of his documentary.

I've not read any books about Ginger but, after looking around Internet nothing came up about him being arrested in bar brawls, assaulting paparazzi etc. Perhaps due to his addiction of choice not being alcohol ?

Beware of Mr. Baker is a fabulous and very informative documentary. All Cream and Baker fans with whom I have ever discussed it have told me they really enjoyed it. I've watched it 3 times, and enjoyed it all 3.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 2, 2023 05:14

Yeah, and Charlie Watts hit his singer.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 2, 2023 05:32

stonesstein
berlinjive

Beware of Mr. Baker is a fabulous and very informative documentary. All Cream and Baker fans with whom I have ever discussed it have told me they really enjoyed it. I've watched it 3 times, and enjoyed it all 3.
Agree, fascinating documentary.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 2, 2023 09:21

He really was a wonderful drummer.

Re: OT: Ginger Baker
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 2, 2023 12:38

Very talented obviously, but not the most "user-friendly" of personalities (apparently)

It goes to show. You should like/love your heroes for the talent they possess and that you don't. If you think that by default, they're necessarily also "nice" people ... well you'll all too often stand to be disappointed I would guess.

Never really got this "meeting my hero" bit ....

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: berlinjive ()
Date: March 2, 2023 23:15

... right, then Bonham would acually be the one back in the old days not to piss off.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: March 2, 2023 23:57

kovach
stonesstein
berlinjive

Agree, fascinating documentary.

Sure. I've watched it two times.

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: March 3, 2023 09:56

paulywaul
Very talented obviously, but not the most "user-friendly" of personalities (apparently)

It goes to show. You should like/love your heroes for the talent they possess and that you don't. If you think that by default, they're necessarily also "nice" people ... well you'll all too often stand to be disappointed I would guess.

Never really got this "meeting my hero" bit ....

You could say the same about Brian Jones…

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 3, 2023 12:07

Koen
Yeah, and Charlie Watts hit his singer.

No he didn’t. This is another one of Keiths made up stories that has been repeated enough that people think it actually happened.
If you can find a video of Mick talking about it, and he’s mentioned it a couple of times, Charlie simply gave him a shove.

In Keiths cartoon world him and Ronnie had to grab Mick to keep him from flying out the window, or he splayed out over a table or flew over the table and then almost out the window. Depending on what day he was telling it.

It’s comical, you can tell when someone who’s never been in a fight tells a story.
If you take a good shot, you go down. You don’t fly across the room.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1494
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home