Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rest in Peace, Gary Brooker
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 20, 2023 06:25

Another from the 60’s has passed.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Re: Rest in Peace, Gary Brooker
Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: February 20, 2023 07:27

I've always loved his singing besides his playing and songs, of course. A very unique band with a sound of their own. He will be greatly missed.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 20, 2023 07:47

Big Al

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

A year ago today

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 20, 2023 07:52

Dan
Big Al

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

A year ago today

What?? Oh, dear! I saw NICOS’ thread and thought he’d scrapped it due to being unsure over whether the news was credible! I did a Google search and saw that Brooker had passed for certain, so posted a link. I didn’t think to check the date!

Date: February 20, 2023 08:27

Big Al
Dan
Big Al

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

A year ago today

What?? Oh, dear! I saw NICOS’ thread and thought he’d scrapped it due to being unsure over whether the news was credible! I did a Google search and saw that Brooker had passed for certain, so posted a link. I didn’t think to check the date!

I don't even think it matters, any music site is pretty much just the obituaries and they are dropping dead so fast I can't even remember who's dead anymore

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 20, 2023 08:49

Dan
Big Al
Dan
Big Al

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

A year ago today

I don't even think it matters, any music site is pretty much just the obituaries and they are dropping dead so fast I can't even remember who's dead anymore

Here in America it's our comedians passing away. Richard Belzer, Gilbert Gottfried, Norm MacDonald, Bob Sagett. We're not having a great passing of rock stars because we were basically decapitated in 1970-71 with Hendrix, Joplin, and Morrison. Then we lost our future with Duane Allman's death.

Date: February 20, 2023 09:48

24FPS
Dan
Big Al
Dan
Big Al

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

A year ago today

Here in America it's our comedians passing away. Richard Belzer, Gilbert Gottfried, Norm MacDonald, Bob Sagett. We're not having a great passing of rock stars because we were basically decapitated in 1970-71 with Hendrix, Joplin, and Morrison. Then we lost our future with Duane Allman's death.

I am in America and seems they never stopped dropping dead. Sorry to hear you are so far stuck in the past it was over 50 years ago but I guess that might mean your obituary is also just around the corner.

But Gilbert Gottfried died? Damn, that sucks. I actually watched his Gathering Of The Juggalos set.

The rest ... only vaguely familiar but I think at some point "comedy" was so overdone and every joke possible already told that it stopped being funny.

And I actually start my day with the obituaries so hitting Facebook and all the "RIP" posts with someone's picture starts to get exhausting. If someone does that too many times without any sort of personal anecdote I snooze 'em.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 20, 2023 12:09

Very sad, a great artist. Love Whiter....Pale. RIP

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 20, 2023 12:25

babyblue

You realize he died a year ago?

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: February 20, 2023 13:17

RIP

I just went to his concert last november

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: February 20, 2023 13:27

...it’s nice to remind it..! Hommage to a great musician and singer...!

Posted by: Rosto ()
Date: February 20, 2023 13:42

NilsHolgersson
RIP

I just went to his concert last november

A concert?
You went to Heaven and came back?

Read the post more accurate...

Let it rock!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 20, 2023 14:26

Big Al

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

He was (resting in peace) until this got started.........grinning smiley

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: February 20, 2023 15:20

Great songs from the 1960s. How was he with the Ringo band

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: February 20, 2023 17:28

J' en ai croisé des cons, mais lui c'était le ROI

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: February 20, 2023 17:28

J' en ai croisé des c.., mais lui c'était le ROI

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: February 20, 2023 18:03

Procol Harum was the first band I 'discovered' on my own in 1972 at age 12. Prior to that my gateway to music was a much older brother who loved the Stones, Beatles, Who, The Band, Dylan. Procol had lyrics that were often way outside the norm - definitely not the formula of boy-meets-girl, boy-loses-girl of 60s and early 70s pop. Musically, the Hammond organ and grand piano, with the occasional blues or soaring guitar sounds of Robin Trower (then Dave Ball and Mick Grabham) spoke to me. I prefer some of their 70s work (Like Exotic Birds and Fruit, or Grand Hotel) to some of the 1967-68 hit output. Gary Brooker seemed well-respected by other musicians of the era, playing with George Harrison and Clapton, Among others. He could definitely play a wide range. Even though Procol rarely drifted over to rock-n-roll, boogie-woogie, Brooker was at home playing it all. Clapton covered Whiter Shade of Pale at a gig on New Year's Eve. [youtu.be]

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 20, 2023 18:05

Topi
babyblue

You realize he died a year ago?

Oops I missed that one.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: February 20, 2023 22:12

JMARCOU
J' en ai croisé des c.., mais lui c'était le ROI

......??????

Posted by: Erhard51 ()
Date: February 20, 2023 22:35

What a wonderfull musician. I saw him with Bill Wyman´s Rhythm Kings.

But it was last year 2022.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-20 23:13 by Erhard51.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1613
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home