Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Twisted Sister: Stones Use Backing Guitarists
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 26, 2023 18:14

It takes a really well trained crew of under-the-stage musicians to play exactly as unpredictably as Keith and Ronnie would if it was really them. How they manage to co-ordinate it all with the onstage moves is truly amazing.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: February 26, 2023 19:15

However I believe that in some cases of other artists it could also be true, but not for R.S.
You just have to listen and watch, both Keith and Ronnie never play a song the same way, not counting the mistakes.
Then really imagining that there is someone under the stage, playing Keith's parts makes you laugh, Keith starting a solo and then suddenly stops and greets someone from the audience. Ah! Ah! I imagine the guy under the stage...smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: February 26, 2023 19:22

Backing guitars ? No way, we are talking about The Rolling Stones, not Milli Vanilli.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: February 26, 2023 21:58

Keith would retire before he would have someone hiding in the background playing for him.You are talking about one of the iconic guitarists. Why would he continue playing live if someone is playing for him.He’s just too proud for that.Chuck or Matt might add a little to the guitar sound but it’s Keith and Ron mostly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-26 22:00 by Taylor1.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: February 27, 2023 04:11

There was Blondie, but he was most definitely onstage and obviously playing guitar. Is my mind playing tricks or does Matt Clifford play an acoustic guitar somewhere in the set?

For a guy in a band to say that about the stones is weird.
Anyone who plays guitar knows what you’re seeing with the guitars and what you’re hearing is all that’s happening. Maybe he’s been bewitched by the weaving, and thinks he hears a 3rd guitar. grinning smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 27, 2023 14:26

ProfessorWolf
this has to be the greatest under stage guitarist of all timewinking smileyeye rolling smiley

now i assume there are some fairly skilled guitarists here

can any of you play along perfectly to what keith is playing here?

I’m sorry. I love Keith but if Keith played like this every night I’d be asking for him to have a ghost player. That’s bloody awful. Let Keith be Keith? Seriously? That is seriously SERIOUSLY bad. No excuse for a band that charges $100s ($500 of them in Australia) to see and HEAR that? Please, no excuses.

Rod

Posted by: Congratulations ()
Date: February 27, 2023 18:57

bitusa2012
I’m sorry. I love Keith but if Keith played like this every night I’d be asking for him to have a ghost player. That’s bloody awful. Let Keith be Keith? Seriously? That is seriously SERIOUSLY bad. No excuse for a band that charges $100s ($500 of them in Australia) to see and HEAR that? Please, no excuses.

To be fair, he is sounding just like his hero Chuck Berry when he was pushing 80.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: February 27, 2023 19:26

Hopes Keith never play another solo anymore.It,s so terrible to listen to.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: February 28, 2023 03:09

That was not his best for sure. confused smiley

He still plays his "chordy" rhythmn stuff good, like Monkey Man, Midnight Rambler (standard tuning) and the open G stuff.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: February 28, 2023 08:27

Blondie played behind the facade for (?) It's only rock n roll during bigger bang. That's it. Otherwise he would strum an acoustic at his mic stand. This twisted sister sister is just jelly. Ghost town was a #1.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1461
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home