Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT : Every Super Bowl Halftime Show, Ranked From Worst to Best
Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: February 13, 2023 01:11

[www.rollingstone.com]

1. Prince (2007)
10 : The Rolling Stones (2006)

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Re: OT : Every Super Bowl Halftime Show, Ranked From Worst to Best
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 13, 2023 01:56

U2 would be #2 for me. Very powerful but Prince was transcendent.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 13, 2023 02:04

I remember watching The Black Eyed Peas and saying that was the worst thing that I ever saw in my life. These people are a successful recording artist? Four musical imbeciles. It was that awful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-13 02:22 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: February 13, 2023 03:51

Rihanna Was totally boring. The white outfits the dancers wore were ridiculous.

Date: February 13, 2023 04:19

we need Metallica to do a halftime show

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 13, 2023 04:34

Those individual "levitating" stage platforms were impressive, but other than that the performance was visually and musically monotonous.

*edit: Referring to tonights Rhianna performance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-13 05:45 by Hairball.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 13, 2023 05:17

More Hot Rocks
I remember watching The Black Eyed Peas and saying that was the worst thing that I ever saw in my life. These people are a successful recording artist? Four musical imbeciles. It was that awful.

Ha ha! HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAA!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A new definition for HORRENDOUS.

Somebody, or some group of people, actually thought that was a good idea.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 13, 2023 05:33

I think last years was boring as hell with all the rappers. Katy Perry’s was kinda boring. Enjoyed Ri-Ri’s song choice and the platforms but was surprised by how little she moved around but I was t aware that she’s pregnant again, so that explains that. The BEP I enjoyed. Aerosmith I thought was kinda blah too. Really enjoyed Michael Jackson back when.

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: February 13, 2023 08:55

I’ll admit I haven’t seen many, but Prince was great as usual, including the “press conference”.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 13, 2023 12:07

the rolling stones

duhwinking smiley

Posted by: deeeskannnie ()
Date: February 13, 2023 13:06

powerage78
[www.rollingstone.com]

1. Prince (2007)

Stones are #11, actually - but thanx for sharing!

Date: February 13, 2023 13:21

deeeskannnie
powerage78
[www.rollingstone.com]

1. Prince (2007)

Stones are #11, actually - but thanx for sharing!

They just typed one «1» too many smoking smiley

Date: February 13, 2023 13:37

really liked Katy Perry

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 13, 2023 14:03

Hairball
Those individual "levitating" stage platforms were impressive, but other than that the performance was visually and musically monotonous.

I thought it looked like she was floating around on a giant iPhone. I enjoyed the desperately frenetic flailing about of what looked to be about 200 dancers, but it's clear to me they were there mainly to distract the viewer from the oddly lackluster, uncharismatic performance of the woman in red.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-13 14:06 by tatters.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 13, 2023 14:44

First the dancers reminded me of Oompa Loompa’s. But after reading that Rihanna is pregnant again, maybe they were depicting spermatozoids?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 13, 2023 15:22

Prince WAS the best. He really nailed it.
The Stones well… it was cool they did a new song to promote the album, but the sound was a bit off. High energy sure, cool stage, good playing… the sound marred it. Come to think of it, didn’t we have a guy on here who knew something about it. As I recall it was something with the soundcheck and an engineer not saving the settings or something. The Stones went in there “blind”. Someone correct me.

Springsteen was cool too.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: February 13, 2023 15:58

JumpingKentFlash
The Stones well… it was cool they did a new song to promote the album, but the sound was a bit off. High energy sure, cool stage, good playing… the sound marred it. Come to think of it, didn’t we have a guy on here who knew something about it. As I recall it was something with the soundcheck and an engineer not saving the settings or something. The Stones went in there “blind”. Someone correct me.

Tom Petty was good, too. Miss him hugely!

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: February 13, 2023 16:04

JumpingKentFlash

Backup vox were missing from SMU on the ABC broadcast. And Charlie’s drums were muted for the first few seconds.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: February 13, 2023 18:26

I didn't really look into this stuff but what stood out to me instantly that most of these shows involved some elaborate choreography whereas the Stones had a crowd of what seemed to be actual fans just trample the field. In that regard there's again no question who did it best.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 13, 2023 18:40

Yes, those were "actual fans" who assembled in Detroit for halftime.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 13, 2023 19:24

Hairball

*edit: Referring to tonights Rhianna performance.

Agree...when it started I thought, "Oh man, this is going to be one for the ages" but it fizzled very quickly.

Best Superbowl performance ever though by a pregnant performer!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-13 19:25 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: February 13, 2023 20:07

It’s a little odd that Country Music has only been featured once in 35 years considering how large of a demographic that audience is.

Dolly Parton said she’s done touring but will still do a few one-offs. A package of her with some of the younger stars like Chris Stapleton, Sturgill Simpson, Margo Price, The Chicks, and Billy Strings would be interesting.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: February 13, 2023 20:14

More Hot Rocks

This made me think of Robert California/The Office..
He said the Black Eyed Peas were rock n roll for people who don’t like rock n roll, rap for people who don’t like rap and pop for people who don’t like pop.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: February 13, 2023 20:31

Whew! A lot of bad music on that list.......

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: February 13, 2023 20:44

There is nothing more boring than a greatest hits medley (11 songs in thirteen minutes?!) plus a hundred synchronous dancers.
That's what Las Vegas shows are about. Thank (fill in the gap) that 'our' Vegas shows are far from that.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 14, 2023 00:42

Paddy
More Hot Rocks

This made me think of Robert California/The Office..
He said the Black Eyed Peas were rock n roll for people who don’t like rock n roll, rap for people who don’t like rap and pop for people who don’t like pop.

I am actually a big Black Eyed Peas fan, and it's all because of the Stones, since they opened the ABB tour for them. I was dreading seeing them, but they blew away, and I've been a fan ever since!!!

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: February 14, 2023 01:10

I thought Rihanna was fantastic. The visual on the floating platforms was probably the most memorable of all time. Although I thought there were too many dancers in those white hazmat outfits and it would have been better with about a third of them. I actually reminded me of Bowie's glass spider tour where the were so many people on stage you had to struggle to decipher which one bowie was.

Also Rihanna's "Special guest" the baby she is carrying was ridiculouly cute!

As far as the Stones performance the audio was off. And the "Fake fans" they had around the stage was comprised of very young people who were paid to jump up and down in a way over the top and not very believable manor. Sort of the way Shine a light filmed paid models. So much for "Rock and Roll growing up" as we have been told.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-14 01:18 by MisterO.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: February 14, 2023 02:21

I feel the Stones were the best halftime show.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 14, 2023 02:24

MisterO
I thought Rihanna was fantastic. The visual on the floating platforms was probably the most memorable of all time. Although I thought there were too many dancers in those white hazmat outfits and it would have been better with about a third of them. I actually reminded me of Bowie's glass spider tour where the were so many people on stage you had to struggle to decipher which one bowie was.

Also Rihanna's "Special guest" the baby she is carrying was ridiculouly cute!

As far as the Stones performance the audio was off. And the "Fake fans" they had around the stage was comprised of very young people who were paid to jump up and down in a way over the top and not very believable manor. Sort of the way Shine a light filmed paid models. So much for "Rock and Roll growing up" as we have been told.

Debbie aka GlimmerGirl24 was one of the "fake fans" who spent several days rehearsing the stage assembly and wrote about it extensively at the time. As I recall she was an unpaid volunteer. Could be only young people could take a week off work to participate.

Date: February 14, 2023 02:35

I enjoyed Rihanna. I'm not wild about the snippets format but she made it work. She did something different & pretty original (although not totally, Kanye's last tour featured him on a floating platform but this was way more elaborate). I like her more than most of the pop star types.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1921
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home