Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: RIP Burt Bacharach
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 10, 2023 19:14

Elvis Costello honored Burt last night in NYC

[www.jambase.com]

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 10, 2023 19:21

Would it be appropriate to describe Bacharach’s musical-style as ‘Easy Listening’? Whey is for certain, is that, not only was he prolific, but there’s so, so many hits and recordings that are more than ingrained on one’s conscience. A first-rate songwriter, if ever there were one. I wasn’t even aware that Perry Como’s ‘Magic Moments’ was one of his.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: February 12, 2023 18:07

What a great song writer.........

As Rockman said "Amazing Body of Work!"

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 13, 2023 00:10

I couldn't have been more than 10 or 11 years old when someone (my mom? some other relative? a family friend with an extra ticket?) took me to see the original Broadway production of Promises, Promises. You might remember the late Jerry Orbach from the television detective series Law and Order, but he got his start as a leading man in Broadway musicals.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 10, 2023 18:23

Been listening to a lot of Burt's stuff since he passed. Specifically, the albums he released under his own name; his own instrumental with anonymous chorus vocal versions of his own songs. I stumbled upon this one from 1971 that I probably hadn't heard or thought about in the last 50 years. Released as a single, it bubbled under at #116, and was only a minor hit on the Easy Listening chart.

It amazes me that to this day, there has never been a hit recording of "All Kinds of People."

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-10 18:25 by tatters.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: March 11, 2023 01:20

He was one of the greatest songwriters. His music gives joy and happy moments to millions of people since 6 decades. He simply was a master.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1418
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home