Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Ozzy retires from touring
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 1, 2023 18:56

Bummer.

[www.jambase.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-01 19:24 by bv.

Re: Ozzy retires from touring
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 1, 2023 19:16

So freakin bummed about this!!!!

Re: OT: Ozzy retires from touring
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 1, 2023 19:43

God bless him. I hope he enjoys this phase of his life.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: February 1, 2023 20:46

I went a bit overboard on the last Sabbath tour and saw them in Canada, Ireland, England & Scotland. Really glad I did even though it tore a hole in the pocket. I’ve only seen Ozzy solo once, never really got into his solo stuff aside from a few tracks.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 2, 2023 04:36

Says he can't tour. Las Vegas residency?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 2, 2023 04:41

So is Tom Brady smoking smiley

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 2, 2023 05:06

daspyknows
Says he can't tour. Las Vegas residency?

I was thinking the same thing as he said it was the travel he couldn't do and his team was looking for a solution without it

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 2, 2023 15:14

I'm hoping they can find something. Based on his latest mishap (trying to jump back into bed and missing quite badly), he seems to be in pretty rough shape. I was hoping to catch him when he was slated to tour with Megadeth, but COVID took away that tour....and I think he might have had some health issues going on as well.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 2, 2023 19:58

Maybe he can just do some livestreams from his house. A weekly series similar to what Daryl Hall did with his 'Live From Daryls House' series including special guests, but Ozzys show will literally be LIVE.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: February 2, 2023 20:17

wonder if a line of fire ants would help?

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 3, 2023 14:35

Only saw him once, in Sabbath ..back in about 1975 !

One of loudest gigs I ever experienced... couldn't here a damn thing for about two days afterwards winking smiley

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: February 3, 2023 18:16

"Never Say Never"

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 5, 2023 03:39

I give him credit for admitting he was done. Some artists stay too long and it's sad. Phil Collins and B.B King come to mind

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: February 5, 2023 03:51

Every now and then I get a little stab in the heart knowing I’ll never see Sabbath, Motörhead and a few others again. People I love dying is easier deal with, I believe I’ll see them again in the next world, but will there be a stage with Lemmy or Ozzy on it???? We thankfully still have The Stones.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 5, 2023 16:32

I've been listening to 13 lately. Really dig that album.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 5, 2023 17:26

“This is probably one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to share with my loyal fans. As you may all know, four years ago, this month, I had a major accident, where I damaged my spine.

My one and only purpose during this time has been to get back on stage. My singing voice is fine. However, after three operations, stem cell treatments, endless physical therapy sessions, and most recently groundbreaking Cybernics (HAL) Treatment, my body is still physically weak.

I am honestly humbled by the way you’ve all patiently held onto your tickets for all this time, but in all good conscience, I have now come to the realization that I’m not physically capable of doing my upcoming European/UK tour dates, as I know I couldn’t deal with the travel required. Believe me when I say that the thought of disappointing my fans really @#$%& ME UP, more than you will ever know.

Never would I have imagined that my touring days would have ended this way. My team is currently coming up with ideas for where I will be able to perform without having to travel from city to city and country to country.

I want to thank my family……my band…….my crew……my longtime friends, Judas Priest, and of course, my fans for their endless dedication, loyalty, and support, and for giving me the life that I never ever dreamed I would have.

I love you all…”

I think in all fairness that this is how it ends for a great many. Some choose to consciously bow out beforehand, and perhaps that's the wisest thing to do, rather than stagger on until such time as the inevitable kicks in .......

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 7, 2023 17:41

I wish Ozzy the best in future.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1543
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home