Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: 2023 Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame
Posted by: Congratulations ()
Date: February 10, 2023 19:58

More Hot Rocks
He also sang for Queen. He was talented enough to take Freddie’s place.

He was rubbish.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 11, 2023 11:07

Congratulations
Big Al
I do also think that Rock Around The Clock is amongst the handful of recordings that genuinely shaped and pioneered rock 'n roll, alongside Heartbreak Hotel, Maybellene and Peggy Sue.

I can't argue with those, and would also add Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On, Bo Diddley (the song), Bye Bye Love and Summertime Blues. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-11 11:12 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: Congratulations ()
Date: February 11, 2023 13:07

Great choices, but for Fats I'd go for his big breakthrough Pop hit 'Ain't It A Shame' (aka 'Ain't That A Shame') instead.

Date: February 11, 2023 14:17

Congratulations
Great choices, but for Fats I'd go for his big breakthrough Pop hit 'Ain't It A Shame' (aka 'Ain't That A Shame') instead.

of course your right about that

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 11, 2023 20:58

I don't know. I don't worry too much about a tourist spot pop culture museum and who they think will sell tickets at the Waldorf by inducting. I like lots of music and am less concerned about who an elite club considers worthy of membership.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 15, 2023 17:41

Fan Vote Top Five, 2/15

[vote.rockhall.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-15 18:24 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 15, 2023 22:32

Lol Cyndi Lauper and George Michael aren't @#$%& rock n roll.

OT: Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame
Date: March 17, 2023 21:57

Opinion
Music

Why are women so marginalised by the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame?

Courtney Love
17 Mar 2023

[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 18, 2023 03:49

Courtney Love hasn't done anything to help the state of women in rock n roll lol. There are many incredible ones, she is not one of them.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 18, 2023 03:59

RollingFreak
Courtney Love hasn't done anything to help the state of women in rock n roll lol. There are many incredible ones, she is not one of them.

She’s terrible. A musical imbecile

Re: OT: Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame
Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 18, 2023 04:51

bye bye johnny
Opinion
Music

Why are women so marginalised by the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame?

Courtney Love
17 Mar 2023

[www.theguardian.com]

This piece makes some valid points, but no way did Courtney Love write this by herself.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 18, 2023 07:25

More Hot Rocks
RollingFreak

She’s terrible. A musical imbecile

I liked that one album she did with Hole.

OT: 2023 Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame
Date: May 3, 2023 16:40

2023 Inductees announced

New York, NY – May 3, 2023 – Today, The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Foundation announces its 2023 Inductees in the following categories:

Performer Category

Kate Bush
Sheryl Crow
Missy Elliott
George Michael
Willie Nelson
Rage Against the Machine
The Spinners

Musical Influence Award

DJ Kool Herc
Link Wray

Musical Excellence Award

Chaka Khan
Al Kooper
Bernie Taupin

Ahmet Ertegun Award

Don Cornelius

[www.rockhall.com]

Date: May 3, 2023 17:14

link wray wasn't already in?confused smiley

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: May 3, 2023 19:31

RATM, cool.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 3, 2023 19:36

More Hot Rocks
Congratulations
I never thought I'd see the day when the singer from 'Wham!' gets in the R&RHoF. Whoever next, the Nolan Sisters?

"talented enough to take Freddie's place"?

I'd like to ruminate over that a bit.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: May 3, 2023 23:25

I like Sheryl Crow enough, but I don't consider her as significant as say...Joe Tex, or Sparks.

She is a very talented and great at evoking the style of old records.

I put her in the same league as Nick Lowe. Nick's been around a lot longer, but Sheryl gets in first in the name of equity.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: May 4, 2023 00:33

I prefer Nick Lowe...by miles...and have no interest in All I wanna do...is have some fun...

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: May 4, 2023 06:45

RollingFreak

For me, Holes first 2 albums are brilliant. Pretty on the Inside is one of the great Punk albums. Courtney had one of the best screams of the 90s grunge bunch. I saw her live a few years back and the voice is still there same as when I saw Hole in 95.

Posted by: mkbbcmr ()
Date: May 4, 2023 08:24

More Hot Rocks
Congratulations
I never thought I'd see the day when the singer from 'Wham!' gets in the R&RHoF. Whoever next, the Nolan Sisters?

Now that's funny.

Courtney Love? Another sick joke and consequently a perfect fit for the "Rock'n'Roll" Hall Of Fame. When Dolly Parton recently refused to accept the dubious honour because she had never made a rock'n'roll record she was told that her refusal came too late since she had already been inducted. To put things right, she decided to make a rock record to rectify her induction post festum. It's called "Rock Star", featuring - among other iconic songs - "Satisfaction". Not exactly news, I know, but this is where we're at now: you don't have to be rock'n'roll by the time you get nominated, it's okay to make amends later on.

Date: May 4, 2023 10:10

None of them are as big as Jethro Tull was. What the hell did that group do to piss off someone in the HOF? When did Missy Elliot become more rock and roll than Jethro Tull?

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: May 4, 2023 11:19

RARHOF…like the Grammys…a joke and can’t be taken seriously.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: May 4, 2023 19:39

Don't look for musical reasons. Or even levels of fame at one time or another.

Rock criticism is based on the code of the schoolyard: It's all about what is considered to be "cool."

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: May 4, 2023 20:11

Like Rolling Stone magazine, it’s all become a sad joke, a pallid and shallow facsimile of its’ original mission.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 5, 2023 01:53

Javadave
Like Rolling Stone magazine, it’s all become a sad joke, a pallid and shallow facsimile of its’ original mission.

Yeah, that is actually sadder, Rolling Stone magazine. That used to be great...culturally iconic even.

Date: May 5, 2023 02:39

treaclefingers
Javadave

Yeah, that is actually sadder, Rolling Stone magazine. That used to be great...culturally iconic even.

Actually what's happened is that after Jan Wenner left it became a magazine concerned with hip hop and up and coming groups. They're more like they were in the beginning, except I don't know any of these groups. If I want classic rock there's still MOJO.

What happened to New Musical Express? We would get it occasionally in the States in the 70s.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 5, 2023 04:36

24FPS
treaclefingers
Javadave

Actually what's happened is that after Jan Wenner left it became a magazine concerned with hip hop and up and coming groups. They're more like they were in the beginning, except I don't know any of these groups. If I want classic rock there's still MOJO.

What happened to New Musical Express? We would get it occasionally in the States in the 70s.

The New Musical Express is still operating online, but ceased to be an actual music-paper a few years ago. In fact, I think it was ‘free’ before it finally went. I guess the circulation was too low. I used to read it religiously in the very-early 2000’s, when I was really engrossed in the then ‘current’ indie and alt-rock scene. Good times!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1888
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home