Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Dean Martin and Ricky Nelson weaving like Keith and Ronnie
Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: January 31, 2023 18:02

Dean and Ricky weaving, could listen to this for hours ...
[www.youtube.com]

Re: OT: Dean Martin and Ricky Nelson weaving like Keith and Ronnie
Posted by: rbk ()
Date: January 31, 2023 18:07

I don't know about weaving like Keith & Ron but damn, what a joy.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: January 31, 2023 18:52

Dean Martin projected a casual indifference that masked his artistry. Part of his genius was never breaking a sweat and making it all look easy. And fun.

This clip of Dean singing with his idols the Mills Brothers always brings a smile to my face:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 31, 2023 20:42

i meant with weaving ...
imagine their voices were guitars then you'll know what i mean

Date: January 31, 2023 20:46

dean martin and johnny carson 1975 - hilarious...
"i'm not starting - i'm almost through" :-)
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: February 1, 2023 19:37

The clip with the Mills Brothers is very nice. Any idea of what brand/model of guitar being played in the clip is? It's a great looking guitar.

Regarding Dean, if you haven't seen it, check out "Dean Martin: King Of Cool", a documentary put together by his daughter. It shows a whole different side of Martin along with a good retrospective of his career.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 1, 2023 20:00

As much as Keith had a beef with Dino didn't he learn from the master that pretending to be drunk in public and smoking only when a camera was around was a very good investment, image-wise...

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 2, 2023 02:10

dmay
The clip with the Mills Brothers is very nice. Any idea of what brand/model of guitar being played in the clip is? It's a great looking guitar.

Regarding Dean, if you haven't seen it, check out "Dean Martin: King Of Cool", a documentary put together by his daughter. It shows a whole different side of Martin along with a good retrospective of his career.

That documentary was very good.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 2, 2023 12:29

dcba
As much as Keith had a beef with Dino didn't he learn from the master that pretending to be drunk in public and smoking only when a camera was around was a very good investment, image-wise...

I know Keith stated in an interview that he was often ‘asked’ to light-up during photo-shoots, but in the 50’s, it was very far from uncommon to be a heavy-smoker, as I’m sure you’re aware. I’m retrospect, it’s absolutely a huge part of the imagery, but I don’t think it’s not genuine. The alcohol, I’m not sure. Keith is an alcoholic - or, at least, had a dependency - and I suspect Dean Martin drank excessively and daily.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 2, 2023 12:36

Okay, I’ve jumped the gun! dcba is indeed correct regarding Dean Martin: it was apple juice; although I haves read he switched to whiskey after the death of his son. So, was Keith really not drinking vodka and sunkist during those interviews? There’s some footage where he does seem genuinely ‘under the influence’ He often had that natural, drunken slur at times. On other occasions, he’d appear perfectly coherent.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1869
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home