Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Maneskin Recalls Meeting The Rolling Stones' Keith Richards & Getting His 'Blessing'
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: January 28, 2023 01:00

Re: Maneskin Recalls Meeting The Rolling Stones' Keith Richards & Getting His 'Blessing'
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 28, 2023 01:34

“And then we met Keith Richards and he was like,
‘I don’t know who the f–k you are, but they told
me you’re good.’ We were like ‘OK!’ We were blessed. We got the blessing.”

........ HHHaaaaaaa strange blessing .... lurv ya Keef

ROCKMAN

Re: Maneskin Recalls Meeting The Rolling Stones' Keith Richards & Getting His 'Blessing'
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: January 28, 2023 15:07

count me in as a fan.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 28, 2023 21:50

I was at the Vegas show, and they didn't make much of an impression on me. The Ghost Hounds in Pittsburgh made more of an impression on me.

plexi

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 28, 2023 23:24

Rockman
“And then we met Keith Richards and he was like,
‘I don’t know who the f–k you are, but they told
me you’re good.’ We were like ‘OK!’ We were blessed. We got the blessing.”

........ HHHaaaaaaa strange blessing .... lurv ya Keef

RollingStone magazine (German edition) adds that Keith said to them: 'you play real instruments, so go ahead'

[www.rollingstone.de]

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: January 29, 2023 13:11

I really don't understand all this hype about Maneskin.
There is really nothing new, everything has already been seen and heard

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 29, 2023 15:13

Stone601
I really don't understand all this hype about Maneskin.
There is really nothing new, everything has already been seen and heard

I guess there is some novelty factor for the youngsters there. Rock music hasn't been that popular among the youth for ages. So in order to survive somehow, before the older rock-grown generations will completely die off, I suppose updating the tradition - in terms of someone actually doing it for it not being pure history - someone like them is needed. And not someone who is like 100 years old...

But that they won't work to a Stones crowd is no surprise.

(But personally, my knowledge of them is not much superior to Keith. I only know the song that won the European Song Contest...)

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-29 15:26 by Doxa.

Posted by: tumblinbrian ()
Date: January 29, 2023 15:36

I saw them open in Vegas

I thought they were extremely entertaining

Living the moment

Date: January 29, 2023 16:04

Doxa

I guess there is some novelty factor for the youngsters there. Rock music hasn't been that popular among the youth for ages. So in order to survive somehow, before the older rock-grown generations will completely die off, I suppose updating the tradition - in terms of someone actually doing it for it not being pure history - someone like them is needed. And not someone who is like 100 years old...

(But personally, my knowledge of them is not much superior to Keith. I only know the song that won the European Song Contest...)

- Doxa
I hope that the new generations are curious to discover the origins

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 29, 2023 17:08

Stone601
Doxa

- Doxa

Well, the smart ones, the nerds... But I guess it is like it always is with pop music: anything a bit older - say, a few years - is yesterday's papers, out-dated, etc. That's the cost of being popular. The kids are very sensitive to that, you know, what is 'in' and they in the end determine what is the sound of the day.

I think we look at the history of rock music, you know, the times when it was a voice of young generation. The trends did come and go. I think the history of rock music has been very harsh in that sense. Today all of that is nostalgia, but not at the time when it actually happened.

How dated some "Rock Around The Clock" might have sounded if the thing that turned you on was "She Loves You". Or the latter if the hottest sound of the day was "Purple Haze". Or how bloody old-fashionable and irrelevant the Beatles, Stones or Dylan were if you grew up during the 70's and listened, say, David Bowie, Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin. I get to know rock music when punk movement defined the scene, an we despised about anything that had happened before Ramones or Sex Pistols. It was all 'old farts stuff'. Then, a couple of years later, when 'heavy rock' and 'hair bands' took over, about anything that had happened earlier was just pre-history, lacking the circus-like, definitive big sounds of the day. For the kids who grew up listening 'Brit-Pop' probably recognized their parents listening once The Beatles or The Stones, but those bands didn't sound so cool and current at all as Oasis or The Blur did. And at the same the kids who were crazy for grunge couldn't care less if it was an updated punk movement or not, since for them the bands of the day, the likes of Nirvana or Soundgarden, sounded like no one had before, or at least the bloody circus acts a few years earlier.

I guess one could paint a nice story of artistic evolution, with whatever dialectics, from all of that, as rock historians do, but in the end it is all up to what the kids of the day happen to like.

My details could be so-so, but I hope the point is clear.

- Doxa

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-29 17:23 by Doxa.

Date: January 29, 2023 18:10

Doxa
Stone601
Doxa

- Doxa

Well, the smart ones, the nerds... But I guess it is like it always is with pop music: anything a bit older - say, a few years - is yesterday's papers, out-dated, etc. That's the cost of being popular. The kids are very sensitive to that, you know, what is 'in' and they in the end determine what is the sound of the day.

I think we look at the history of rock music, you know, the times when it was a voice of young generation. The trends did come and go. I think the history of rock music has been very harsh in that sense. Today all of that is nostalgia, but not at the time when it actually happened.

How dated some "Rock Around The Clock" might have sounded if the thing that turned you on was "She Loves You". Or the latter if the hottest sound of the day was "Purple Haze". Or how bloody old-fashionable and irrelevant the Beatles, Stones or Dylan were if you grew up during the 70's and listened, say, David Bowie, Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin. I get to know rock music when punk movement defined the scene, an we despised about anything that had happened before Ramones or Sex Pistols. It was all 'old farts stuff'. Then, a couple of years later, when 'heavy rock' and 'hair bands' took over, about anything that had happened earlier was just pre-history, lacking the circus-like, definitive big sounds of the day. For the kids who grew up listening 'Brit-Pop' probably recognized their parents listening once The Beatles or The Stones, but those bands didn't sound so cool and current at all as Oasis or The Blur did. And at the same the kids who were crazy for grunge couldn't care less if it was an updated punk movement or not, since for them the bands of the day, the likes of Nirvana or Soundgarden, sounded like no one had before, or at least the bloody circus acts a few years earlier.

I guess one could paint a nice story of artistic evolution, with whatever dialectics, from all of that, as rock historians do, but in the end it is all up to what the kids of the day happen to like.

My details could be so-so, but I hope the point is clear.

- Doxa

Yes, it is very clear, we are children of our time and perhaps that is right. When I started listening to music, early 70's, my heroes were Stones, Who, Jehtro Tull etc.etc. and those older than me looked at me as if I were an alien. Then, as you say, punk arrived and wanted to sweep everything away but luckily that didn't happen. My intolerance towards the Maneskins because here in Italy they do nothing but talk about it on TV news, in the newspapers as if there had been nothing before them and I'm screwed

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1750
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home