Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Brian Jones and Humble Pie "Bluestalk"
Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: January 24, 2023 21:03

Jerry Shirley and Peter Frampton have both gone on record over the years that Brian had a phone chat with his pal Steve Marriott about coming to see the newly formed Pie while they were "getting it together in the country" with an eye towards working with them but died very shortly thereafter. (The bands early Immediate material was influenced by "Music From Big Pink" and quite different from the hard rock they became famous for). A recent Pie anthology advertised this -link included below.

Also be sure to check out the companion 7” featuring the band’s take on Sam Cooke’s “Shake” as well as an ultra rare track “Bluestalk” featuring the original guitarist of The Rolling Stones, Brian Jones!

[www.metal-rules.com]

Never heard about this track, not sure what to make of the whole thing...anyone know?

Re: Brian Jones and Humble Pie "Bluestalk"
Date: January 24, 2023 21:06

Here it is on Ebay...

[www.ebay.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 24, 2023 21:10

Nice find, thanks for sharing. That track can be heard here: [therealhumblepie.bandcamp.com]

Date: January 24, 2023 21:20

Ah- now I get it. Its Marriott and Jones on one side, Humble Pie on the other. Thanks for the link. Interesting pic I found while trying to chase this down..

[www.pinterest.co.uk]

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 24, 2023 22:03

Fake. Not featuring Brian or Steve and nor is this recording from 1969. It and others with similar claims attached are by a Youtuber and his deceased friend, or just the deceased friend with the Youtuber uploading the recordings and related bullshit.

Unfortunately, their crap is spreading, some related recordings even making it on to the 2019 Brian film/documentary.

Date: January 24, 2023 23:12

Here's what I said about it in Brian Resource facebook group:

Here we have 1 track from a few that is being claimed to be Brian & Steve in May 1969.

The reality is it is not from 1969 nor does it feature Brian & Steve. This is all part of a fakery by a youtuber/musician and his deceased friend. One of whom deleted his story slip ups etc when I questioned him.

Sadly, their fakery made it to the Danny Garcia - Brian jones film albeit without Brian or Steves names being credited, and now to semi legitimate/bootleg releases

The grey areas of legalities gifts such fakery a means of gaining credability.

These recordings sit in the safe space of not having any proof what so ever that they are what is claimed, but enough story to make it seem possible, but also free from any possibility of Brian or Steve calling them out as fakes.

But such is the way of these things, there will be fans that believe it to be what is claimed and the recordings will continue to be shared with the Brian & Steve credit.

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: January 24, 2023 23:32

Thanks for clarifying. Too bad. It would've been a nice combo.

Date: January 24, 2023 23:37

Thanks for the info. I just listened to the online sample. The playing is total crap. Steve Marriott was an excellent guitarist and in his prime Brian Jones blew a wicked harp. Not sure how this made it on to vinyl/CD. The mind boggles.

Posted by: Innunout ()
Date: January 25, 2023 02:39

It's not BJ on harp, it's not his style but it could be him on slide.If it is 'crap', then probably because it was a jam and not intended as a release at the time. I have recorded it for free and will keep it in my database just in case it is not a fake. It is still listenable, IMHO.

Date: January 25, 2023 02:42

Most definitely a fake that does not feature Brian or Steve.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 25, 2023 04:38

Perhaps if they had promoted it as rare 1969 recording of Brian and Steve when they just woke up and were very, very rusty.

Date: January 25, 2023 13:50

I know from personal experience there are people out there that want to be seen as people with rare Brian recordings, you may recall some supposed Courtfield Road recordings I was sent... that turned out to be fake nonsense. That is why I deleted all of my posts from the thread about them. I should have investigated better before posting about it.

This is another one of those, but involving someone that is more proactive and does lots of Stones covers on his channel. I am loathe to link to it because he'll get cash from the plays.

I wish I had screenshotted the deleted comments on the channel. In the end I kinda gave up, because, some people have a need for these recordings to be true, as if it some how validates Brian was fine at the end and the Stones are evil people. When Stash heard these recordings he immediately said that's not Brian playing slide, which is the claim.

Maybe I should create some fakes too.

Ala, instead of this being an upfront cover, claim it's a lost recording from Brian's film soundtrack. Some would fall for it.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 25, 2023 15:14

His Majesty
Here's what I said about it in Brian Resource facebook group:

Here we have 1 track from a few that is being claimed to be Brian & Steve in May 1969.

The reality is it is not from 1969 nor does it feature Brian & Steve. This is all part of a fakery by a youtuber/musician and his deceased friend. One of whom deleted his story slip ups etc when I questioned him.

Sadly, their fakery made it to the Danny Garcia - Brian jones film albeit without Brian or Steves names being credited, and now to semi legitimate/bootleg releases

The grey areas of legalities gifts such fakery a means of gaining credability.

These recordings sit in the safe space of not having any proof what so ever that they are what is claimed, but enough story to make it seem possible, but also free from any possibility of Brian or Steve calling them out as fakes.

But such is the way of these things, there will be fans that believe it to be what is claimed and the recordings will continue to be shared with the Brian & Steve credit.

Thanks for the clarification, HM!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1865
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home